Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsair Colleagues, Quick update on the P&W 3DP mod. Dry fit to cowl ring of the painted bits. Not too bad, some assembly required, needs weathering. Offset thrust angles for the motor is included. Would like the P&W assembly to be 'proud' of the cowl ring slightly, but shimming the motor forward could be troublesome, we'll see. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0599.JPG
Views:	965
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	301990
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Most excellent Elbee I really can't wait to gaze upon your finished product!
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
        Corsair Colleagues, Quick update on the P&W 3DP mod. Dry fit to cowl ring of the painted bits. Not too bad, some assembly required, needs weathering. Offset thrust angles for the motor is included. Would like the P&W assembly to be 'proud' of the cowl ring slightly, but shimming the motor forward could be troublesome, we'll see. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0599.JPG
Views:	965
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	301990
        I see your working on next year's #1 seed! Instead of listing the modifications when you finish and post, the list would be shorter if you just list the FL original parts only. Just when I think you've reached the pinnacle, you take it to a new height, incredible.
        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Elbee
          Elbee commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you, Hugh. I've been thinking about this build for almost 2 years, so it was a 'no-brainer' to add the P&W mod. I really like the 'radial engined' warbirds. Those all have such great stance and design. Not to say Spitfires and the Inline engine warbirds aren't sleeker and beautiful, I just like the muscle-look of these, too.

• Getting my bird closer to what I want, don't think my birds are ever done just done enough for a while lol
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark102 View Post
          Getting my bird closer to what I want, don't think my birds are ever done just done enough for a while lol
          S1, Lookin' good, Sir. Love the livery and the realtime weathering you've done. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Big boy externals fitted and primed, final sand and paint and this birds got a full compliment of weapons and fuel options :)
            Attached Files

Comment

• Lookin' goooood! Love the heavy weathering...She's been busy in the Pacific!
              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Hey, guys. Putting my Corsair together and I have multiple wing servo rods popping out of the servo arns when deflection is applied. Anyone running into this?

Comment

• Flaps, ailerons or both?

Comment

• Originally posted by Arycon View Post
                    Hey, guys. Putting my Corsair together and I have multiple wing servo rods popping out of the servo arns when deflection is applied. Anyone running into this?
                    How are they popping out ? are you sure you installed the rod keepers correctly??

Comment

• Has anyone put the 1600mm Spitfire engine on this bird? It is the same size engine but 50KV more. Was wondering how this would perform with the 3 blade prop on the Corsair. The Corsair uses the same motor mount as the Spit.

Comment

• Corsair Consortium, This might not look like much progress, but was still plenty of work. I cut back 9/16" (14.25mm+) into the firewall & motor mount approximately 1/3rd of that depth. Got concerned about twisting loads (real or imagined) and designed & printed a PETG firewall of sorts to laminate to the mount and foam both front and back. A motor mount sandwich not to be confused with a 'vegemite sandwich'...I feel a song coming on...regardless, this should give a great firm surface for the dummy P & W. More when there's more. Best, LB

Well there's more, but rather than add more pages, I thought I'd just edit this post. Final dry-fit in the cowling. Weathered cylinders and will do some more to the inside of the cowl, the engine bell, etc. Fits the fuselage well with .125"+ clearance to the prop hub.

Final Dry-Fit of all 18-Cylinders of the dummy P&W Dry-Fit. Added some gray paint to the Freewing Outrunner end bell. Reassembly next. Callie Graphics in the mail, so I'm told. WooHoo.
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	image_69291.jpg Views:	3 Size:	39.3 KB ID:	303348Click image for larger version  Name:	672F6227-3A71-440A-918A-D54507A6D0DA.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	40.6 KB ID:	303346
                          Originally posted by Arycon View Post
                          Hey, guys. Putting my Corsair together and I have multiple wing servo rods popping out of the servo arns when deflection is applied. Anyone running into this?
                          Hi
                          i am not sure if you sorted out you’re trouble yet,
                          these pushrods should be pretty straight forward. I use silicone tubing to secure the clips. Please see the photos
                          hope that helps
                          Last edited by RichJ53; Mar 9, 2021, 09:18 PM. Reason: Redoing photos

Comment

• Hey Bent-Wing Brethren, Final Dry-Fit of all the P&W pieces/parts before assembly. Was it worth it?...Yeppers, I like it. Best, LB

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• That looks awesome Elbee. Will definitely do it on mine when I finally get that one on the bench.

So, question, how much do you care for the included right thrust? Obviously no full size fighter had any. They all used some sort of vertical fin or rudder offset. I have flown heavy metal R/C with no offset and besides the needed rudder input, they seem to fly fine.
                              Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Looks amazing Elbee! Now I need to buy a new one and do that to mine! I really need to stop looking at your mods.
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Elbee
                                  Elbee commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  I thank you, Sir.

• Originally posted by nuts-n-volts View Post
                                That looks awesome Elbee. Will definitely do it on mine when I finally get that one on the bench.

So, question, how much do you care for the included right thrust? Obviously no full size fighter had any. They all used some sort of vertical fin or rudder offset. I have flown heavy metal R/C with no offset and besides the needed rudder input, they seem to fly fine.
                                NV, Back in the OLDEN Days, we added 2o Right and 2o Down thrust to most heavy tail draggers. I don't recall if my Flightline Spitfire/Seafire has OEM thrust changes. I don't know what the OEM offset actually is on the Corsair, but it appears to be more than 2o Right for sure.

To answer your question, I suppose I would like to have the option to make those adjustments after initial check flights, but these are PnP airframes so I acquiesce to those who design and manufacture.

Best, LB
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Hey Bent-Wing Brethren, Final Dry-Fit of all the P&W pieces/parts before assembly. Was it worth it?...Yeppers, I like it. Best, LB
                                  Definitely worth it, clearly the best we've seen as it looks like the real thing. If this is any indication of the things you plan on incorporating in the final product, we've got something quite special coming in the days/weeks ahead. Clearly you've had way too much time to think about all the modifications for this bird!
                                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

NV, Back in the OLDEN Days, we added 2o Right and 2o Down thrust to most heavy tail draggers. I don't recall if my Flightline Spitfire/Seafire has OEM thrust changes. I don't know what the OEM offset actually is on the Corsair, but it appears to be more than 2o Right for sure.

To answer your question, I suppose I would like to have the option to make those adjustments after initial check flights, but these are PnP airframes so I acquiesce to those who design and manufacture.

Best, LB
                                    Looking outstanding LB
                                    yes the down and right is added to factory build. You don’t need to change anything (at least my bird flys straight) :)

Rich

Comment

• Hugh Wiedman, RichJ53 Thank you, Gentlemen. It actually ended up looking better than I had expected. The laugh to me anyway, is the original OEM cowling weight was 5.61 ounces which included all 4 nose weights. Now with 2 weights removed the all up weight is 5.75 ounces. So my thought is the dummy P&W definitely looks better than 2 steel weights. Best, LB
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                      X