Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks f4u ausie, Pappy 883 and everyone else for the encouragement and testimonials. I have read through about 200+ pages at this point and my brain is buzzing with all of the info. Thanks once again and it is greatly appreciated. This will soon be the next in my hanger. God bless,

Comment

• Hi all,

I know I am a little late to get myself one of these Corsairs, but better late than never right?
      Anyway, I also want to give it the "Elbee treatment" as I guess it is called . Besides weathering, it also would need the cockpit upgrade, but I cannot find the cockpit stl files anywhere. They are no longer on the motionrc site (neither .com nor the eu site)
      So would anyone of you be willing to send me the file(s) please?

Thanks!

(another) LB

Comment

• LB, You might send Aros a private message and ask him what the status of the Original STL FIles is right now. I know of several folks who downloaded those when those were free. Personally, I would be uncomfortable just posting those without Motion RC's permission. It is possible that there are some STL files still buried within this thread, but without a Filter for Files Only it would take some time to look. Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• To All Corsair Owners,

The OEM Corsair Cockpit Kit STL Files are still available here in the Official Corsair thread. These are on Page 2 in post #24 by Alpha.

Best, LB
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Corsair Aficionados, Quick update on the forward fuselage reassembly. I have laid down 4 coats of Minwax Satin Clear Polycrylic to the main fuselage and I am currently filling and sanding the forward cowl. I added a couple of slots or passages for air movement, but who knows how well those might work at least it's something. I had to use filler to straighten the edge where I cut for the Cowl Flaps and fill the zillion dings and dents from multiple foam surgeries, but should have it all in primer soon. More when there is more. Best, LB
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• It looks amazing Elbee, I always look forward to your work updates.

I was able to persuade a good friend to printout your amazing wheels, they are the most perfect Corsair wheels I have EVER had!!!!
              Took the boys out for a daylight sortie yesterday................VMF-(N) 513 "Flying Nightmares"

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0371.JPG Views:	10 Size:	116.5 KB ID:	343127Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0373.JPG Views:	5 Size:	193.9 KB ID:	343128
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0367.JPG Views:	5 Size:	140.7 KB ID:	343129Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0359.JPG Views:	5 Size:	110.6 KB ID:	343130

Last edited by Pappy 883; Apr 15, 2022, 08:36 AM. Reason: clarity

Comment

• Originally posted by Pappy 883 View Post
                It looks amazing Elbee, I always look forward to your work updates. I was able to persuade a good friend to printout your amazing wheels, they are the most perfect Corsair wheels I have EVER had!!!!
                Took the boys out for a daylight sortie yesterday................VMF-(N) 513
                Pappy, love the Marine livery choice, outstanding work. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Pappy, love the Marine livery choice, outstanding work. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
                  Thanx Elbee , and all your great work !

Comment

• Purchase F4u flight line. Has anyone placed brakes on this model?

Comment

• Originally posted by WES Switzer View Post
                      Purchase F4u flight line. Has anyone placed brakes on this model?
                      Hey WS, Welcome to Hobby Squawk! Great to have you onboard, Sir. I do not know of anyone who has added a brake system mod. I would think it would be doable. Might have to change out to a larger diameter wheel set. Some guys are using 3.5 inch Robarts and also 3.75 inch Robarts with a bit of foam surgery around the wheel wells. Post pictures of your build and modifications. Best, LB
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Hey WS, Welcome to Hobby Squawk! Great to have you onboard, Sir. I do not know of anyone who has added a brake system mod. I would think it would be doable. Might have to change out to a larger diameter wheel set. Some guys are using 3.5 inch Robarts and also 3.75 inch Robarts with a bit of foam surgery around the wheel wells. Post pictures of your build and modifications. Best, LB
                        I like where this is going,
                        Heck Elbee in your quest to build the most perfect Corsair you could spit those out on your lunch break ! 😁
                        These didn't work but, they looked like they did.

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010058.JPG Views:	0 Size:	136.5 KB ID:	343492Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010035.JPG Views:	0 Size:	104.7 KB ID:	343493Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010072.JPG Views:	0 Size:	129.5 KB ID:	343494

Comment

I like...,
                          P8, I shall cross that bridge when I get to it. Yeppers, those do look quite good. I have often thought that dressing up the struts and wheels is an easier modification than even a full repaint. the caveat is add-on pieces like strut scissors, landing lights, tie downs and the like are delicate enough that any rough trip through the weeds or a bouncy landing, and it is repair time. Anyway, as I wrote I will do something on the inside of the Robart Wheels and post the STL file for those who might be interested. Best, LB
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by WES Switzer View Post
                            Purchase F4u flight line. Has anyone placed brakes on this model?
                            Wes, I assume you want brakes for a short landing strip? Its a cool idea but if they work too well it will probably flip over and do more damage than a run off, We have a short strip too but a little zig zag with the rudder before a runoff usually helps.

Elbee,
                            I might try to create something with this STL stuff . I've made a lot of Corsair parts from scratch and have the excellent Brian Taylor 1/6th scale plans which I can convert to 1/8th scale for the FL .
                            I start with the tail gear for fun. Should only take a few years.............. 🙄

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010007.JPG
Views:	601
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	343654Click image for larger version

Name:	P3220010.jpg
Views:	574
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	343655

Comment

I might try to create something with this STL stuff...
                              Pappy, I like the way you think. I added small bits to the OEM tailwheel assembly, but in my heart, I really wanted to add the doors and the correct support structures. There's a lot going on there which gives the Corsair it's stance/presence on the tarmac. Looking forward to seeing your work. If I can assist with anything, just let me know. Best, LB
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Corsair Aficionados, Quick update on the forward fuselage reassembly. I have laid down 4 coats of Minwax Satin Clear Polycrylic to the main fuselage and I am currently filling and sanding the forward cowl. I added a couple of slots or passages for air movement, but who knows how well those might work at least it's something. I had to use filler to straighten the edge where I cut for the Cowl Flaps and fill the zillion dings and dents from multiple foam surgeries, but should have it all in primer soon. More when there is more. Best, LB

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	523
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	343679
                                My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Aros Thank you for that. I needed the smile. Best, LB
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I got the maiden done on my tribute to Bob Odegaard and the #74 F2G "Super" Corsair. Hope to change out prop soon.

Name:	IMG_0341 (1).JPG
Views:	673
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	344171Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0338.JPG
Views:	659
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	344172Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0347.JPG
Views:	659
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	344173Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0348.JPG
Views:	655
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	344174Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0342 (1).JPG
Views:	632
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	344175

Comment

• P8, Beautiful work, a fitting tribute, and congrats on the 1st check flight. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks' LB,
                                        It means a lot coming from you. I upgraded the motor to the 390 KV and swapped out the LG and did a ton of work on the fuse and cutup a P-51 canopy to try and replicate the actual one, it"s close enough.,It flew just like a normal bubbletop.... perfect.!!!! joe h.

Comment

• Got the Corsair out last week for another 6 flights, sure flies great. Attached a video of one of the flights. Check out the landing towards the end. It's been pretty consistent that way as long as I keep the throttle at 40% on approach, then 32% until the mains touch gently. Got about 60 landings like that now, certainly better than the first 40 that I tried all kinds of crazy landing techniques including trying to 3 point it. Went through about 7 retracts in those early flights, but since using my current technique, have yet to replace one. BTW, found something you may want to add to your pre-flight checklist (I now do). On one of the flights, I couldn't get one gear down. Was my pants contemplating a belly landing . Recycled them 5 times and it finally came down. Upon inspection, the strut was loose, but not from the set screws in the strut on the gear pin. Had to take the retract apart and found the pin has a screw in the bottom of it, keeping it in place in the trunnion. That screw had worked loose after some 60 flights, allowing the strut to move up and down, thus getting caught when trying to go down while rotating. This is the only retract I've seen that has this set-up (no doubt to facilitate the 90 degree rotation), but just check before each flight to make sure the struts are not loose.

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Working...
                                          X