X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OUTSTANDING! Hugh,
    Butter doesn't flow any smoother. I love the dirty flyby too, well done sir.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
      Check out the landing towards the end....
      Hugh, "budd-ah" indeed, Pappy 883 Yeppers, as smooth as it gets. Best, Steve
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I shot this picture last weekend. I'm pretty proud that I caught the prop blur using my phone!

Landing this plane nicely is a challenge, and I'm on the same page with Hugh. I drive it in under power, full flaps (about 70 degrees) and land level, then cut power and let it settle. No bounce, no broken gear.
        Even the slightest bounce will crack the retract casing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220508_112549.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	346927
        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Cool shot there Mudd ,
          Yep been through 3 retracts myself . On a calm day it just lands beautifully but we have to go very early , after 09:00 game over. Gusty with crosswinds

Comment

• Now my friend Hugh Wiedman talk about a perfect landing. Well done good sir.
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
              I shot this picture last weekend. I'm pretty proud that I caught the prop blur using my phone!
              TMD, great photo of a beautiful Corsair, my friend. Best, LB
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                I shot this picture last weekend. I'm pretty proud that I caught the prop blur using my phone!

Landing this plane nicely is a challenge, and I'm on the same page with Hugh. I drive it in under power, full flaps (about 70 degrees) and land level, then cut power and let it settle. No bounce, no broken gear.
                Even the slightest bounce will crack the retract casing.

Name:	20220508_112549.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	346927
                Beautiful, Marc - what a shot...

Comment

• Corsair Community, back at the build this afternoon. I've had a real dilemna with the cowl ring. I am adding a checkerboard pattern and originally had Callie Graphics print up some squares, then bigger squares, then squares that were polygons and so on. Didn't give a satisfactory result in any case. So back to basics; trial and error 3D prints with some geometry, (thank you 'pi' and 'arc length calculators'). Bottom line is I now have a decent set of checkers drawn on the cowl ring. Going to have to 'color between the lines' on this one. Should prove a task worth doing. More when there is more. Best, LB
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Brilliant layout jig! Elbee

Comment

• Elbee
                      Elbee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you, it worked out. Just wish I'd thought to try this approach 7 weeks ago. LOL! Sometimes it's better to go 'old school' in practice and use the newer tech as the facilitator instead of always thinking newer can solve everything. LMAO! Best, Steve

• I wondering if I am having more luck with my retracts based on the aftermarket larger wheels ?
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                      Corsair Community, back at the build this afternoon. I've had a real dilemna with the cowl ring. I am adding a checkerboard pattern and originally had Callie Graphics print up some squares, then bigger squares, then squares that were polygons and so on. Didn't give a satisfactory result in any case. So back to basics; trial and error 3D prints with some geometry, (thank you 'pi' and 'arc length calculators'). Bottom line is I now have a decent set of checkers drawn on the cowl ring. Going to have to 'color between the lines' on this one. Should prove a task worth doing. More when there is more. Best, LB
                      Sweet, those cowl flaps really look amazing as well.
                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Elbee
                        Elbee commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you, Hugh. It was you and your original idea that got me to thinking it could be done. Yeah, it does look pretty slick in that picture. Best, Steve

• Hey Elbee ...

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	533
Size:	743.2 KB
ID:	348135
                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Just need to hook them up to a servo to actuate open and close and that would be next level epic

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                          Just need to hook them up to a servo to actuate open and close and that would be next level epic
                          RM, I did. My bad, I forgot to send you the memo. Works great. Best, LB

Name:	IMG_0977.JPG
Views:	533
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	348162
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Very nice

Comment

• Corsair Connoisseurs, finished checking all the boxes on the cowl ring. Looks pretty okay, I think. I do not believe I could have done this any other way, but someone out there probably knows an easier route. In any event, I am pleased with the outcome. More when there is more. Best, :LB

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                Corsair Connoisseurs, finished checking all the boxes on the cowl ring. Looks pretty okay, I think. :LB
                                "Looks pretty okay"? Now is not the time to be humble! If it was me, I'd have said something like this is Damn Incredible, so put that in your pipe and smoke it if you think anyone else could do half as well! I would also say almost no one else would even attempt to do the impossible that you've just actually accomplished! This should tour as a museum piece at the Smithsonian.
                                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                                  "Looks pretty okay"? ...
                                  Hugh, She whose authority exceeds my rank keeps me reigned in when I begin to think I'm "special" and that's probably not a bad thing really.

I do thank you for your continued interest in my Corsair build. Builds always take longer than I think and I enjoy the journey every time.

Priming the fuselage and getting her ready for paint is the next step.

More when there is more. Best, LB

Name:	archer-amazing.gif
Views:	501
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	348706
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Outstanding LB. I marvel at your skill and patience. Two things I lack.
                                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Aros , thank you, Bro, patience is virtue and a skill I have to work on everyday, . Best to you and yours, LB

Name:	archer-danger-zone.gif
Views:	413
Size:	921.9 KB
ID:	348718
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                      X