Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elbee, just re-read your sign off signature again: "You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first." I Definitely got the last part down extremely well, just wonder when/if the first part will ever show up.
    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Hi everyone. I just posted a New In Box in the for-sale forum.
      I am located in Claremont NC, for local pickup only, please.
      Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
        Elbee, just re-read your sign off signature again: "You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first." I Definitely got the last part down extremely well, just wonder when/if the first part will ever show up.
        Hugh, I will have to back to you on that Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Corsair Crowd, Third coat of 'filler' primer, though yet to be wet-sanded, and the 'pebbles' are much less noticeable. Hoping this will be the last round. I am using a Krylon filler primer, I don't think it is as heavy as the Rust-Oleum filler primer and it goes down much more smoothly, so it might take another round. I know it will 'gator' some no matter what, but it's tough to not want a great finish for the first check flight and finish photos. More when there's more. Best, LB
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Looks good Elbee, I really like your 'Lazy Susan' repurposed swivel chair, never thought of that but I have some old swivel chairs I could do that with, great repurposing idea!

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• Elbee
              Elbee commented
              Editing a comment
              Hah, thanks. It's the match to my old drafting table. I bought both from Cessna back in the mid-80's when they went to CAD instead of hand drafting. I still use the drafting table as my building bench. I need to take all the slop/play out of the chair, but the idea is sound. Best, LB

• Bent-Wing Brethren, things always take longer than ya think.

I have added/replaced some exterior details. I added a fuel filler cap like many others have and a panel that hides a magnet in the hatch.

I will use the 3DP Mickey Mouse key (Magnet) to pull up the battery hatch. It has a .25 square magnet printed inside.

I also replaced the cowl 'dzus fasteners' strips which I thought were thick and the two on the sides were high.

With the 'checkers on the cowl ring, things are finally starting to look like a Corsair again.

I hope to get the bottom sprayed white this weekend and possibly even some color...well, I can only hope. .

So more when there is more.

Happy Independence Day (Treason Day to our British cousins) to all. Best, LB

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
              Bent-Wing Brethren, things always take longer than ya think.

I have added/replaced some exterior details. I added a fuel filler cap like many others have and a panel that hides a magnet in the hatch.

I will use the 3DP Mickey Mouse key (Magnet) to pull up the battery hatch. It has a .25 square magnet printed inside.

I also replaced the cowl 'dzus fasteners' strips which I thought were thick and the two on the sides were high.

With the 'checkers on the cowl ring, things are finally starting to look like a Corsair again.

I hope to get the bottom sprayed white this weekend and possibly even some color...well, I can only hope. .

So more when there is more.

Happy Independence Day (Treason Day to our British cousins) to all. Best, LB
              Looking fabulous, LB!! What squadron will this plane depict?

Thanks,

Davegee

Comment

• Elbee
                Elbee commented
                Editing a comment
                Now where's the fun in that?

• Originally posted by davegee View Post

Looking fabulous, LB!! What squadron will this plane depict?

Thanks,

Davegee
              Looks like the LB Squadron to me, one of the most feared and successful groups to ever take to the air!
              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                Looks like the LB Squadron to me, one of the most feared and successful groups to ever take to the air!
                We resemble that remark... While it is true the Southeast Air Group Commander has greater numbers, what the South-Central AGC lacks in volume, he makes up for in low maintenance costs due to marginal mission time. What?!? Anyway Hugh, thanks for support. Happy Treason Day to you and yours. Best, Steve

Click image for larger version

Name:	84357.gif
Views:	398
Size:	591.8 KB
ID:	349472
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by jwalk2c View Post
                  Hi everyone. I just posted a New In Box in the for-sale forum.
                  I am located in Claremont NC, for local pickup only, please.
                  Thank you.
                  Added NIB batteries at no charge

Comment

• Hey guys been cold n windy 4 a bit... but iv been busy.. just like the end of ww2 reno racers kept them alive... this airframe is donea great job.. inspiration,, obvious , hobby king 990 mm racer... for me i would rather rebuid ,, restore my fline frame,, than buy a hking plane ,, then replace all servos, esc etc... so after flying so much in the last 3 odd years here we r... its still worn , not perfect.. bla bla.. i do like the retro colors of the period.. iv a new motor on the way,,, 4 it.. just lost its punch..... lastly eelbee u still a busy man have missed that cya

Comment

• f4u ausie yeah, I've been busy, 3D printed a couple small panels for the fuselage and began the paint work on the fuselage. I started with the white underside. Was given some tips about how to neatly paint a "soft-edge" by Dirty Dee and davegee. So when I get the fuselage painted, I'll post a picture of two. It is Summer, so there are many distractions. Now is that a repaint on your Flightline Corsair? She looks great. Best, LB
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hey ya'll, I have a quick progress update. Airbrushed the Intermediate blue (Mig/Ammo ANA 608) and softened the hard tape edge using some sage advice from Dirty Dee and davegee .

The edge looks okay, but I will get better at it.The ANA 608 seems too pastel blue or something. Maybe it is suppose to look light, but almost powder blue. Could be just me. Not crazy for it so I might 'mix' gray into it, but I am going play with it a bit. Final judgement when the Sea Blue is added which looks dark to me, decisions for another day.
                        The really fun task was adding the "checkers" to tail-end. WooHoo! ​ The actual photo does not really show where the pattern begins or ends or what happens as the pattern wraps the fuselage top and bottom.

So there is a bit-o-improvising by staying square to fuselage line and blending the pattern at both the top and bottom.

Not certain how else to do it. Kind of like blending together the 'sun rays' on the vertical of my VF-111 Phantom.

More when there is more. Best, LB

Name:	IMG_1162.JPG
Views:	416
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	350372Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1166.JPG
Views:	399
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	350373Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1165.JPG
Views:	403
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	350374Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1167.JPG
Views:	432
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	350375Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1169.JPG
Views:	412
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	350376
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Hey ya'll, I have a quick progress update. Airbrushed the Intermediate blue (Mig/Ammo ANA 608) and softened the hard tape edge using some sage advice from Dirty Dee and davegee .

The edge looks okay, but I will get better at it.The ANA 608 seems too pastel blue or something. Maybe it is suppose to look light, but almost powder blue. Could be just me. Not crazy for it so I might 'mix' gray into it, but I am going play with it a bit. Final judgement when the Sea Blue is added which looks dark to me, decisions for another day.
                          The really fun task was adding the "checkers" to tail-end. WooHoo! ​ The actual photo does not really show where the pattern begins or ends or what happens as the pattern wraps the fuselage top and bottom.

So there is a bit-o-improvising by staying square to fuselage line and blending the pattern at both the top and bottom.

Not certain how else to do it. Kind of like blending together the 'sun rays' on the vertical of my VF-111 Phantom.

More when there is more. Best, LB

Name:	IMG_1162.JPG
Views:	416
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	350372Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1166.JPG
Views:	399
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	350373Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1165.JPG
Views:	403
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	350374Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1167.JPG
Views:	432
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	350375Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1169.JPG
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	350376
                          Thanks for the update, LB! The foam tape that you got is ideal for this soft shading that the Corsairs had back then. Really coming out great!!

davegee

Comment

• Are you guys creating soft lines by applying foam tape and spraying at an angle? Do you apply it over frog tape to avoid pulling paint?

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                              Are you guys creating soft lines by applying foam tape and spraying at an angle? Do you apply it over frog tape to avoid pulling paint?
                              SE, I am new to this technique. Both Dirty Dee and davegee suggested i pick up some 3M foam tape and angle airbrush the line. It worked quite well, I needed to adjust the air pressure a little higher to get better paint volume, but the technique works so far. Best, LB
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20220610_173033.jpg
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	350442Click image for larger version

Name:	20220610_172810.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	350443Elbee It looks like it worked great! It looks cleanly done.

P.S. I'm lucky enough to have this beauty close by. My wife and I rode our bikes to the museum/restaurant for dinner the other night. I ordered food and then went and drooled on this beauty until dinner. It shares a hangar with a T28 and a Mig 17.

Comment

SE, I am new to this technique. Both Dirty Dee and davegee suggested i pick up some 3M foam tape and angle airbrush the line. It worked quite well, I needed to adjust the air pressure a little higher to get better paint volume, but the technique works so far. Best, LB
                                  I missed this post. Do you mind going over the technique again in detail?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
                                    I missed this post. Do you mind going over the technique again in detail?
                                    https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/el...air#post350218

GT, Check this thread I started a week or so ago. Dave and Chris both suggested the same technique. And it worked for me, though I need a bit more airbrush time to perfect it. My tape line was very straight so even with a 'soft edge' it looks very straight. I like it, but probably not scale. Best, LB
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post

Name:	20220610_173033.jpg
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	350442Click image for larger version

Name:	20220610_172810.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	350443Elbee It looks like it worked great! It looks cleanly done.

P.S. I'm lucky enough to have this beauty close by. My wife and I rode our bikes to the museum/restaurant for dinner the other night. I ordered food and then went and drooled on this beauty until dinner. It shares a hangar with a T28 and a Mig 17.
                                      Which museum is this??

davegee

Comment

Working...
                                      X