Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks and the same to you :spitfire

Comment

One more thing and you probably already know but go to this site for more info on the FMS Hawker Typhoon. Great site!

Comment

It didn't work out to good it crashed not to much damage though. I bought a lemon 7 chan stabilized receiver from amazon it is only 32 bucks. I don't think this receiver will work

Comment

Sorry to hear about the crash. What happened when you tried to fly it?

Comment

It took off ok but once it got high it was real hard to control and it crashed

Comment

Was the AS3X turned on or the Safe Select?

Comment

Just picked up this model from the LHS. They are closing their doors unfortunately, but they offered to order one at dealer pricing for me. Much to my surprise, dealer pricing + sales tax came out to the exact same price charged by HH, figures..

First impressions out of the box were mixed. Would have been nice to see a few more final touches on the model. Little things like painted servo tape, and painted white (instead of bare foam) on the D-Day stripes, some ordnance, and matching paint on the cannons would have gone a long way. The fit of the battery hatch could also be improved. The overall camo and foam molding look great though!

My first order of business my to rectify one of my pet peeves with RC Warbirds, the tiny props. The stock 10.5” prop looks almost comically small on the Typhoon. Scale diameter on this model is about 15”. After some calculations, I ordered a Master Airscrew 15x7x3 prop, the FMS high speed 770kv motor, and an 85A ZTW mantis ESC. At 3S, this should work nicely. After some tweaking to the blade shapes and spinner openings, I was pretty happy with how it turned out. Next up will be touching up paint, adding inner gear doors, and some 3D printed rockets.

Comment

Switched out the stock wheels for some 3” tires from an old FSK Mosquito Kit and painted the struts. Next up will be the rockets and inner gear doors.

Comment

Successful maiden flight on the Typhoon! Had the Hobby Eagle A3 gyro installed, with a gain around 50% and it flew quite nicely. The huge prop provides plenty of thrust, but not a whole lot of speed (as expected). Need to add a bit more rudder throw though, as I was routinely using full stick to keep some of the turns coordinated. Looks and flies in a very manner, and has plenty of vertical with the huge prop. After some more tuning, it will be on to weapons and gear doors.

Comment

My ESC gets very hot! with the battery pushed forward it blocks the only air intake on this plane. Anybody have a thought on getting air flow over that ESC??

Comment

Got a few flights in today with 3D printed rockets installed.

Comment

Nice photos. I always liked that Plane.

Comment

Working...
                          X