X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eflite Spitfire or Corsair?

Knocking cobwebs off my skills and wanting to get another warbird. After one of these I can finally get one motions and feel comfortable enough not to crash it lol.

Leaning toward the Corsair because of the wider landing gear, better at taking off on grass. Just have heard they can be a handful taking off. Not sure why I'm pretty use to tail draggers (have 4 of them)
    Planes
    -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
    -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

I have the spitfire 1.2 BNF It is absolutely stunning to fly and look at.
    I use everything from 4s 3000 to 5000.
    Highly recommend it.

I think the Eflite Corsair is discontinued?

Comment

I also fly off grass and Spitfire is very well behaved.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhnybgd View Post
        I also fly off grass and Spitfire is very well behaved.
        That's my concern is grass and nose over. Curious if it is anything like the mustang. The Corsair they brought back in the post ware Navy blue and green stripe

The F4U-4 Corsair 1.2m BNF Basic with AS3X by E-flite is a quality built remote controlled airplane. See all our RC product options online at Horizon Hobby!
        Planes
        -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
        -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

Ok,I thought they discontinued the corsair.
          I too want the Corsair and thought I was out of luck.

I also have the Eflite P51,To me the spitfire is a better flier and is faster on 4s.

they both fly amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post

That's my concern is grass and nose over. Curious if it is anything like the mustang. The Corsair they brought back in the post ware Navy blue and green stripe

https://www.horizonhobby.com/f4u-4-c...-basic-efl8550
            I dont have any problem with nose over even when we miss a week mowing,spitfire can take off almost within its length if you want to.

Comment

I was in the market for a corsair as well and my first choice was eflight 1.2m but its either out of stock or discontinued ive seen it said both there are only 2 epo corsairs to choose from banana hobbies 1.2m or the flightline 1.6m i chose the flightline as the quality is much greater than BH but yeah there are not many corsairs epo or balsa out right now! Its very strange...

Comment

I have both the Spit and the Corsair. I don't think either of them is particularly hard to take off or land, but of the two I feel the Spit is a easier plane over all. Almost two easy IMO, it's like the tamed it down to much. The P-factor on the big tail of the Corsair causes it to pull left as soon at the tail wheel lifts but it can be controlled with the rudder easily. I just have a lot more fun with the Corsair. The only nock I have on the Corsair is the paint scheme.
                I also have the 1200mm Spitfire from Flightline and that is a awesome plane. It looks much more to scale than the E-flight and is faster, but it does tend to nose over on grass if its any taller than a putting green.
                It looks like the e-flight Corsair is just out of stock and not discontinued, HH says the next shipment is in March.

Comment

I just picked up a DX8e radio for my E flite Corsair 1.2. I was looking to download the aircraft setup profile off the spektrum website. I didn't see one for the corsair. Does anyone have a profile for it? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by PALYDIN11 View Post
                    I just picked up a DX8e radio for my E flite Corsair 1.2. I was looking to download the aircraft setup profile off the spektrum website. I didn't see one for the corsair. Does anyone have a profile for it? Thanks.
                    Unfortunately I can't help you there PALYDIN11 but wanted to thank you for joining Hobby Squawk! Someone here will hopefully be able to help you

Comment

Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
                      Knocking cobwebs off my skills and wanting to get another warbird. After one of these I can finally get one motions and feel comfortable enough not to crash it lol.

Leaning toward the Corsair because of the wider landing gear, better at taking off on grass. Just have heard they can be a handful taking off. Not sure why I'm pretty use to tail draggers (have 4 of them)
                      I felt like the Spitfire was under powered. At full throttle I felt like it couldn't be over 50%, but a Horizon rep who let me fly it verified it was developing full power. It handled very well and if you like flying scale you will love it. I purchased one, but got rid of it fairly quickly. I was unaware at the time I was passing quickly through warbirds to EDF's.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post

Unfortunately I can't help you there PALYDIN11 but wanted to thank you for joining Hobby Squawk! Someone here will hopefully be able to help you
                        Thanks, its good to be onboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Chilly Bear View Post

I felt like the Spitfire was under powered. At full throttle I felt like it couldn't be over 50%, but a Horizon rep who let me fly it verified it was developing full power. It handled very well and if you like flying scale you will love it. I purchased one, but got rid of it fairly quickly. I was unaware at the time I was passing quickly through warbirds to EDF's.
                          The Spitfire is a very nice plane at 4S. It is a mess at 3S. Upgrading to 4S requires a new ESC and is a simple modification.

If you are looking for an excellent warbird, the 1.2m T28 is superb. I've flown it off grass and pavement. I love it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20170504_10_13_46_Pro.jpg
Views:	491
Size:	297.3 KB
ID:	269278

Comment

If your in to not having spare parts or customer service by all means get Eflite if your into a great flyer get the freewing fw 190 if your into a challenging one that's a bit harder to land get the spitfire 1200 if your into a little larger get the old crow p51

Parts are two days away and readily available

Comment

Working...
                            X