X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
    Love the livery and weathering! Great job and welcome to Hobby Squawk Deadpool!

How are you guys launching this? I am having a hell of a time underhand tossing it without it wanting to torque roll and is very squirelly until I can get both hands on the sticks and get her climbing and on step. I have tried tossing at several different power settings and they all come with their set of issues. I tried overhand tossing (which I am used to with some other models) but found that even more cumbersome.

I love the model, she's a hoot to yank and bank, especially on 4S, but I was curious if others are having "pucker moments" on the toss?
    I struggle with it too - it seems to be hit or miss - luckily the last time it was a miss I didn't suffer any damage than a broken prop. Just received my 5 props I ordered from Motion last week so should be good to try again. I think I will try and launch in recovery mode with the receiver tilted slightly forward to ensure a level or slight climb on the toss. My very first launch was in recovery mode unintentionally and it didn't strike the ground so maybe that will work well. At least now I will know to flip recovery mode off once it is flying!!

Comment

• Power set to half or just under

overhand, held behind wing and just toss in to wind. Like throwing a football but tossing it instead.

I do have a my model setup with flaps (in the radio). I have a 5% up elevator, this helps with launching to help the model have nose up attitude. It also allows me more time to get back on the sticks.

I set all my belly lander up with flap mix, even my e-flite F-15 with safe. Just flip the "flaps" off when I get to up in the air.
      Planes
      -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
      -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• That's a good idea! Didn't think to have a flap mix to have some pitch up to help on the toss. I will give that a try, thanks!
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I underhand toss it with about 60% throttle 75 to 80 degree angle with the gyro on, and fly away (motion RC Admiral RX600SP).

Comment

• Yeah a gyro would definitely be helpful on the toss for this model for sure...Might have to pony up for one...
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Newbie gooning things up....assembled the Mustang....all control surfaces work as required...but no throttle response....suggestions?

Comment

• Throttle calibration. There's YouTube videos on it.

Comment

• Has anyone found another source for parts for this mustang? Motion has been out of stock
                  ​​On the fuselage and no date to expect it in. Also I bought another plane, which came to me defective and motion is giving me the runaround. They don't want to stand behind their product. Up till now I have been happy.

I hope I don't have to trash my mustang and go with a different brand , but I may not have a choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cpuller View Post
                    Has anyone found another source for parts for this mustang? Motion has been out of stock
                    ​​On the fuselage and no date to expect it in. Also I bought another plane, which came to me defective and motion is giving me the runaround. They don't want to stand behind their product. Up till now I have been happy.

I hope I don't have to trash my mustang and go with a different brand , but I may not have a choice.
                    What problem are you having with the other plane and what was it? What run around are you getting?

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

What problem are you having with the other plane and what was it? What run around are you getting?
                      I bought the hawksky v2. It came to me with the motor in reverse. That by itself is no issue, except for the fact the esc / motor connections cannot be accessed without damage to the fuselage. Motion told me it shouldn't be hard to remove the cowling, even after I explained that the factory glued it to the fuselage. I ended up doing so.. This resulted in some damage to the fuselage. I did get one side of the cowling off, but the esc is glued in place in the middle of the fuselage itself, which cannot be accessed. So now I have the motor in my hand and no way to connect it back to the esc. So, the only way to get to the esc connections was to cut a hole in the side of the fuselage to access it. I have the plane running correctly now,, but my brand new plane is now weaker and looks terrible. I don't expect to hear back from Motion, so I'm looking to take my business elsewhere. Unfortunately there are not many dealers for flightline. So, to avoid this problem going forward, a may just give up on my mustang and go with another company. It's too bad, really, since I just got back into this hobby after 20+ years. I'm going to crash a lot of planes. Motion is losing out..

Do you know of another supplier of flightline parts?

Comment

• :Thinking::Confused::Thinking: Hawksky v2?

Comment

• The Flightline ESC is not glued and you can remove it from the battery hatch. :Straight-Face:

Comment

• You have a different bird... Click image for larger version

Name:	5746552E-6C79-4134-8404-8E5A734FD45B.jpeg
Views:	651
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	204021

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                              :Thinking::Confused::Thinking: Hawksky v2?
                              Yes, hawksky v2.

Comment

• You realized you posted that in the 850mm P-51 thread? I don't think you can count on getting any spares for that specific plane. I wasn't even aware Dynam made such a thing. I'm not making light of you mate. Just saying. Ya might consider getting your self a new plane.

Best Regards
                                W

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                                  You realized you posted that in the 850mm P-51 thread? I don't think you can count on getting any spares for that specific plane. I wasn't even aware Dynam made such a thing. I'm not making light of you mate. Just saying. Ya might consider getting your self a new plane.

Best Regards
                                  W
                                  My original post was looking for another seller of the p51 fuselage. Another poster asked about the second plane I bought from motion.. So, yes I realize.

Comment

• Welcome to Hobby Squawk! Was just a little confused. ;):Cool: Good luck with the Dynam...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                      Welcome to Hobby Squawk! Was just a little confused. ;):Cool: Good luck with the Dynam...
                                      Thanks Ya, I think I lost track a little for a minute too.

Comment

• Roger! I am that way most of the time! :P Blessings Bro! Jerry

Comment

• OK Mate, you might try, "RC Castle". Those guys, and Motion are pretty much the only game in town for Flightline, and Freewing. Good Luck, and welcome mate.

W

PS Have a little patience mate. I'm certain they're more fuselages coming. People were crashing them right and left, I sure they just burned thru there original lot. It's a popular model, they will be back. I waited 4 months for a new propeller for my Parkzone Wildcat. Yes this was our good friends at Horizon. So this sort of thing happens to almost all companies. W

Comment

Working...
                                          X