X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

I really like the yellow. Thanks for the vid, enjoyed it much, watched the whole thing. W
    Thank you very much

Comment

• Originally posted by Adam1985 View Post
      Ferocious Frankie is complete! Now the first flight to come...
      So awesome Adam. Really well done.

Comment

• Thanks James!

If anyone has any tips for flying this little beast then I’d appreciate hearing them!

Comment

• This one comes with torque roll for the hand tosses so be sure not to go full WOT or 3/4 power on the throw or she will torque in. Ask me how I know.

I apply about 50% power tops and underhand toss her with about 30 degrees skyward and have a touch of right stick to counter the torque roll...Not perfect, but once she's up and you have both hands on the sticks she's just a ball.

Also, I found the stock props especially brittle and broke 3...2 were hard landings and one just broke for no reason I could tell. So I swapped them out for a 9x6 APC. MUCH better. No matter the landing, those props just resist breaking.
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5600.PNG
Views:	632
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	220095

Well, Xmass came early to my house this year :D

Guys, I've got a DX 8 and a Admiral rx600 gyro receiver, of which I dont know squat.

I learn to fly on my beloved Carbon Cub S+, which I got as RTF, so it was just plug and play.

Any advice on how to setup my TX and receiver?

Much obliged

Comment

• Guys, Im having a challenge with my Mustang. I assemble the plane, install Admiral Gyro Rx600 receiver and bind it to my Spektrum DX8.
              Thing is, I have zero throttle response, with my stick movement.
              I also tried to programme ESC, following the video James provided, but still got zero throttle.
              Aileron and elevators work just fine.
              Any idea what is going on?
              Tnx

Comment

• Check to make sure your throttle lead polarity is correct...Also, if there's a BEC lead you want to make sure you have that plugged into an open port on your receiver. Also, check to make sure your motor/ESC connections are all connected and tight. Hope that works!
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                  Check to make sure your throttle lead polarity is correct...Also, if there's a BEC lead you want to make sure you have that plugged into an open port on your receiver. Also, check to make sure your motor/ESC connections are all connected and tight. Hope that works!
                  Thank you Aros, but I already find the solution. I didnt follow the procedure to initialize ESC on the plane, now im good.

Next is maiden, weather permit.

Just one quick question for the guys using the Admiral 600x Gyro, which combo select are you using on take off? Is it better to use combo C ( GYRO ON), or combo A, while holding recovery button?

I plan to underhand toss it, with 50% throttle.

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Black View Post

Thank you Aros, but I already find the solution. I didnt follow the procedure to initialize ESC on the plane, now im good.

Next is maiden, weather permit.

Just one quick question for the guys using the Admiral 600x Gyro, which combo select are you using on take off? Is it better to use combo C ( GYRO ON), or combo A, while holding recovery button?

I plan to underhand toss it, with 50% throttle.

Cheers
                    I didn't have success launching it in recovery mode. I thought it would self level but I believe that the upward angle of the toss caused the gyro to compensate by giving down elevator diving it into ground before it had a chance to level off. It may work okay if you have a level toss but in that case you probably wouldn't need recovery mode anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
                      I underhand toss it with about 60% throttle 75 to 80 degree angle with the gyro on, and fly away (motion RC Admiral RX600SP).
                      I try this, didnt work. Went up, and then tourque roll to the left, and into the ground. I use Admiral gyro too.
                      Did you have to put any elevator/rudder input or it flies away by itself?
                      Guys I broke 4 props on 4 flights and broke the nose of the plane.
                      Luckily its foam so its fixable, but I getting tired of launching and crashing this plane. Flying itself is breeze. Its my first Warbird, and I really love it, but launching is whole diffrnet game, at least for me.

Comment

This one comes with torque roll for the hand tosses so be sure not to go full WOT or 3/4 power on the throw or she will torque in. Ask me how I know.

I apply about 50% power tops and underhand toss her with about 30 degrees skyward and have a touch of right stick to counter the torque roll...Not perfect, but once she's up and you have both hands on the sticks she's just a ball.

Also, I found the stock props especially brittle and broke 3...2 were hard landings and one just broke for no reason I could tell. So I swapped them out for a 9x6 APC. MUCH better. No matter the landing, those props just resist breaking.
                        Aros, do you aplly 50% of power on underhand toss same on both 3s and 4s?
                        Also, where did you bought this props?
                        I alredy brake 4 flightline props. They are rubbish.

Comment

• I haven't tried on 3S but I would probably go with 60% power on 3S... Here's a link to the prop...I bought 3 and have only needed the 1 so far.

Thin Electric Use LPAR06E adapter rings Includes one set of rings from LPAR06E The material is the same fiberglass composite used in our grey props, just the color is black

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Hello, everyone. New to this site and I'm not sure if this is where i should post this, but who knows, I'll give it a try. I was given a Ferocious Frankie P-51 Mustang that has some damage. I don't know if it crashed or something else happened to it, because the tail section, with the flaps, is what' messed up. there is no battery or remote.. The only reason i kept it is because it just looks so Damn Cool. Anyway I'm not going to go buy a battery and a remote just to crash. If anyone is interested in it for parts. This is what's printed on the motor. OT-RK-390PH-5132/84.5.
                            If anyone is interested in it for 30 $ E-mail me and I'll send pics and anything else you want to know about it.. Thanks, My name is Todd t.shel@hotmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Shelton View Post
                              Hello, everyone. New to this site and I'm not sure if this is where i should post this, but who knows, I'll give it a try. I was given a Ferocious Frankie P-51 Mustang that has some damage. I don't know if it crashed or something else happened to it, because the tail section, with the flaps, is what' messed up. there is no battery or remote.. The only reason i kept it is because it just looks so Damn Cool. Anyway I'm not going to go buy a battery and a remote just to crash. If anyone is interested in it for parts. This is what's printed on the motor. OT-RK-390PH-5132/84.5.
                              If anyone is interested in it for 30 $ E-mail me and I'll send pics and anything else you want to know about it.. Thanks, My name is Todd t.shel@hotmail.com
                              Hello Todd Shelton, welcome to hobbysqauwk! It appears the model you might have been given was a Parkzone P-51D mustang. I believe that model released way back in 06-07 ish. Basically it is older than this forum so I am not sure we ever had a thread on it. At this point I believe the model discontinued and the electronics are probably really outdated, but that doesn't mean she can't look great as a static model, or given a cheap fix to see if she'd soar again! I wish you luck trying to sell her.

Comment

• Still a fun bird, even if older...

Comment

I haven't tried on 3S but I would probably go with 60% power on 3S... Here's a link to the prop...I bought 3 and have only needed the 1 so far.

Thin Electric Use LPAR06E adapter rings Includes one set of rings from LPAR06E The material is the same fiberglass composite used in our grey props, just the color is black
                                  Does it fits on the stock spinner or did you had to make any changes?

Unfortunatly, this prop cannot be sent to my country.

Closes I found is this

Is it the same thing?

Comment

• Not sure if that's the same prop...I did have to do some basic modifications if I recall to the spinner...
                                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Hi guys I'm new to this. What's the best process for applying these transferes

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish_steve86 View Post
                                        Hi guys I'm new to this. What's the best process for applying these transferes
                                        Hey Irish_steve86 , welcome to the Squawk. The decals supplied with the Mustang are waterslide decals. Basically, you will want to use an exacto knife and cut around each decal first (make them 1 decal per piece). Then get a bowl of lukewarm water and decide which decal you want to do first and drop it in the water. Wait about 2-4 minutes, then when you take the decal out, use your 2 thumbs and the decals will slide off the backing. Before I apply the decal too, I dab my finger in the water and lightly wet the spot on the plane where the decal will go, then I slide the decal off the paper onto that spot. By wetting the area first, it gives you some time to slide the decal around the surface a bit if it wasn't lined up right. Once it is in position, just lightly dab it with a paper towel to remove any soaking water. Then move to the next decal. Try not to leave the decals in the water too long though (only pop the ones you want to apply in the water first) as the adhesive could dissolve completely off.

If my explanation doesn't make sense, just google search waterslide decals and I'm sure a ton of directions will pop up. Best of luck too you!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	83219587_168411691078359_603659732216971264_n.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	232130
                                          Click image for larger version

Name:	82502848_168411661078362_7291264098052866048_n.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	232131

Miss Foxy Lady ready to race! (I love this plane)

Comment

Working...
                                          X