Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official FlightLine 850mm P-51D Mustang Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THIS ROCKS!!!!
    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Awesome explanation James. I really appreciate it. Heres a few pics. Unfortunately I had some of the grey peel when I was removing the masking tape. But hey it's my first one I had to apply the water slides too. So I dont mind. I also have started the rudder mod. I'm just waiting on the control rod to come from motion rc and she will be good to go. This is a great forum for beginners like myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish_steve86 View Post
        Awesome explanation James. I really appreciate it. Heres a few pics. Unfortunately I had some of the grey peel when I was removing the masking tape. But hey it's my first one I had to apply the water slides too. So I dont mind. I also have started the rudder mod. I'm just waiting on the control rod to come from motion rc and she will be good to go. This is a great forum for beginners like myself.
        Looking good! I have paint peel up a lot even when I do my very best with the masking tape as far as sticking it to my shirt a bunch of times to get rid of the super tackiness. When I did the mustang like yours, I have paint peel and overspray as well and what I did to fix it was buying a can of metallic silver Rustoleum 2x spray paint. then at Home Dept grab a set of these foam brushes. Then I spray the silver on a piece of cardboard and dab it with the brush, then just dab the spots where the paint peeled. it works well, just have to go quickly as spray paint dries pretty fast. But it works well. The foam brushes do a good job with straight lines too.

Comment

• Awesome great idea with the foam. I'm flying the xk a600 at the min. Such a fun little plane. I did kinda jump in the deep end buying the f9f panther 64mm edf and the flight line p51 but I haven't tried to fly them yet. Still learning a lit from the a600. I've also got the xk k124 mini chopper for learning the chopper controls. It's going very well. But I think I'm a plane person.

Comment

• Shes ready for her maiden tomorrow. Wish me luck ...
            Attached Files

Comment

• Irish_steve86 Looking good!!!! Have a great first flight!! Welcome to Hobby Squawk!!! Jerry

Comment

• Awesome 51.. Mine is still in the box.... I bought it on a whim... HA

Welcome to Hobby Squawk
                Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                  Irish_steve86 Looking good!!!! Have a great first flight!! Welcome to Hobby Squawk!!! Jerry
                  Thanks Jerry. Maiden didnt happen. Very windy. Also I'd like to set the elevators on a switch for take off. Or is this over kill. Very new to this. Do I need to??

Comment

• Aloha! I love my lil P51!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Glazier808 View Post
                      Aloha! I love my lil P51!!!
                      Welcome to the Squawk Glazier808 ! I love the added yellow nose to this one! Really sharp looking. Thanks so much for sharing!

Comment

• Sharp bird, 8 ! Where are you in Hawaii?
                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Glazier808 View Post
                          Aloha! I love my lil P51!!!
                          Class. Raging I didnt go with the yellow nose as well.

Comment

• Sorry for the somewhat off-topic post but...

I just ordered and received my new "Old Crow" P-51D and would like to read folk's comments about this larger bird. However, the MRC product page seems to have a dead link to an "official" HobbySquack thread.

Is there an official thread for the 'Freewing P-51D HP "Old Crow" 1410mm (55") Wingspan - PNP' here?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                              Sharp bird, 8 ! Where are you in Hawaii?
                              Aloha from Oahu!

Comment

• This is my Flightline 850 mm, P-51 D, Mustang, repaired and hand repainted, altough, not historically correct.

This bird is my second RC plane, and my first Warbird, really, really fast on 4s!

He and I didnt get along from the start.

Me being a novice pilot, not accustomed to hand launch, had this baby crashed 4 times, on the total of 6 flights.
                                Half broken wing 2x, nose ruptured and split open 2x, 5 props broken, many minor damages to the foam.

But practice makes perfection, and Beacon glue, foam filler, Tamiya paints and Hobby coat for protection, makes this baby

more awesome then out of the box!

Click image for larger version  Name:	CD5A7E4D-09B9-450F-A281-734B246FBCB9.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	145.8 KB ID:	239515
                                Attached Files

Comment

• just got mine yesterday. Birthday present from my wife. I've got a few 2200 mah 3 cells sitting around. Can I run those, or will it be too heavy for the 3 cell setup?

Comment

• Ercoupe Welcome to Hobby Squawk, and happy belated birthday! Our Mustang can fly just fine on 3s batteries. We designed both the Mustang and Fw-190 Dora to fly on either 3s or 4s. 4s gives you more power, 3s gives you easier hand launch.

When flying on 3s, you'll want a higher throttle setting during launch compared to the 4s. For 3s, power to full, underhand toss at 45 degrees straight ahead, and keeps the wing level as the model accelerates for the first 2-3 seconds.
                                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Hi Alpha, and thank you. I understand about the 3 an 4 cell. But what I would like to know is, will 2200 mah 3 cell be too heavy? I know they recommend an 1600mah. The 2200 3 cell is about 30 grams heavier. Will that be a problem? I'd hate to have to go out abd buy batteries if I don't need to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ercoupe View Post
                                        Hi Alpha, and thank you. I understand about the 3 an 4 cell. But what I would like to know is, will 2200 mah 3 cell be too heavy? I know they recommend an 1600mah. The 2200 3 cell is about 30 grams heavier. Will that be a problem? I'd hate to have to go out abd buy batteries if I don't need to.
                                        The only thing that might change is the cg but the battery is not to heavy for the plane. Just move your battery forward or aft to achieve the proper cg.

Comment

• Great. I was hoping you'd say that. I'll send some pics of the airplane when I'm done. Thanks for the answer.

Comment

Working...
                                          X