Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does only the port side get the plane name? I only got one side of decals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish_steve86 View Post
      Awesome explanation James. I really appreciate it. Heres a few pics. Unfortunately I had some of the grey peel when I was removing the masking tape. But hey it's my first one I had to apply the water slides too. So I dont mind. I also have started the rudder mod. I'm just waiting on the control rod to come from motion rc and she will be good to go. This is a great forum for beginners like myself.
      I also peeled the grey. Shot the whole body with silver metalic to repair it. It looks great. I like the silver better. There should be a warning g on the build video.
      Last edited by Tim305@sbcglonal.net; Apr 13, 2020, 08:09 AM. Reason: I had some grey peel as well i was quite upset since i didnt see any warning and followed build video . As it turns out i decided i would have to spray the whole body cuz i couldnt match the paint. I

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim305@sbcglonal.net View Post
        Does only the port side get the plane name? I only got one side of decals.
        Yes the Enchantress only has the script and girl on 1 side

Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed (3).jpg
Views:	755
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	248993

Comment

• Hey all new to the forum
          Does anyone have a baseline setup for this plane? D/r and expo I'm running the 600 speed and dx6
          . Thanks

Comment

• I really wish they had a landing gear option for this model, since we don't have grass to smooth out the touchdown at our field. That's my biggest hesitation with getting either this or the Dora.

Comment

• OMG I can’t say enough about how much I love this plane! So easy to fly there’s no need for rudder mod!

Today was a pretty steady head wind of about 15 mph, Gave it about 75% throttle, left-handed under arm throw....was off and running!

didn’t use gyro for first couple of flights, Was rock solid when I turned it on after

The last picture of the battery was after two 3 minute mixed throttle flights on the 2200

Comment

• Now we need a Zero and Wildcat in the line!

Comment

• I was away from the hobby for four years, until I saw a video last Monday of Motion RC's Flightline 850mm P-51D, and it reminded me of the old GWS 865mm Mustang that I flew from 2003 till 2016. So, I ordered it, received it on Friday and flew it for the first time today (Sunday)!!! It flew awesome!!!

Comment

• hey just got mine. I've been flying the efxtra and I toss underhand. any tips on this baby?

Comment

• although rudder isn't needed it just feels natural for me to utilize it for slow rolls and 4-8 point rolls. it's all muscle memory for me. plus I had all the parts to do it so why not lol.

my next debate is whether I should run a stabilizer or not.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• What's you guys battery placement for CG with an Admiral 4S 2200?

Comment

• Any idea when the batters will come back in stock on motionRC? I foolishly forgot to buy a battery when I bought the p-51 and now they are out of stock.

Comment

• Hey All!

So being a little scared to crash my Ferocious Frankie P51 after all the time it took to paint it, I thought I would buy another one to practice on! This time I’ve gone for the legendary scheme of ‘Scat VI’, flown by Maj Robin Olds. If you have never read his book ‘Fighter Pilot’, you’re missing out - without doubt one of the most amazing leaders and aviators to have lived.

Anyway, I hope everyone likes the paint scheme... now time to fly the little beast!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose Morales View Post
                              I was away from the hobby for four years, until I saw a video last Monday of Motion RC's Flightline 850mm P-51D, and it reminded me of the old GWS 865mm Mustang that I flew from 2003 till 2016. So, I ordered it, received it on Friday and flew it for the first time today (Sunday)!!! It flew awesome!!!
                              I had the same thoughts! It brought back fond memories of flying my GWS P-51! That plane had many power systems over the years, started out brushed/nimh

Your "replacement" looks absolutely stunning! Think you've given me motivation to finish and fly mine. I bought two, and gave one to a friend. I've had the FL Dora up in the air as his opponent, but haven't taken the sticks of the 51 myself

Comment

• I picked this plane up at a nice hobby store in Louisville KY during a marathon cross country drive last week.

I wanted a fun little park flyer and this was perfect.

I customized it to match a New Mexico National Guard plane. For a while instead of the stars and bars on the fuselage some guard units used state insignia. NM used the Zia Sun symbol from the flag and a local Pueblo.

It was a quick convert, using laser printed water slide decals and a cricut cutter to trim the Zia decal.

I installed the new spektrum smart receiver and have it programmed and ready to go. Now I just need to wait until I'm off self quarantine.

Name:	IMG_20200816_150740_01.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	269090

Name:	IMG_20200816_181952.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	269091

Comment

• What RX are you going to use?

Comment

• Originally posted by RC-SC View Post
                                    What RX are you going to use?
                                    Not sure if you are asking me. I installed the new AR637Tsmart receiver with AS3X.

I want to check out how the forward programming works. I'm quite experienced with the old way if setting gains and this is a good platform to play with.

I also prefer safe mode for hand launch planes. It seems the fairly regularly, even my most experienced buddies want to throw my plane in the ground. Just yesterday a buddy threw a plane of mine sideways. Safe protects the plane from bad launches. After that it gets turned off .

The interesting thing about the new receiver is that for the first time we are officially provided a way of defining safe mode. Before you had better know what you were doing or you would lose your plane.

Comment

• I'm going to experiment launching this with the Lemon Stab Plus in Autolevel mode. Also have an Admiral 600SP that I will experiment launching this in Recovery mode.

Comment

• On the Admiral 600SP you don't need to launch in Recovery mode. Just turn gains to about 10 o'clock, 60% -70% throttle, make sure elevators are set level, and throw it hard, underhand at a slight angle. She'll go right up like a free bird.

Comment

• Hi there! First time on hobby squawk! I did the gunfighter livery and flew it yesterday. Thing flies great! I was wondering what size and length pushrod you guys are using for the rudder modification. I got the pushrod pack for the airplane but the rods are too short. Thanks and glad to be back in the hobby.

Comment

Working...
                                          X