First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nice job, that's the thumb of a dedicated rc creator
    rc flyin addict

Comment

• I use to help Col Urschler with Gunfighter in 79-82 at Offutt AFB. The plane was parked outside my shop door in the hangar. Many times I was called in on a weekend for a navaids outage and he and his helpers would be working on it. It got damaged over in Iowa in 81 and brought back on a flatbed.

Comment

• I did a short vid of my rudder mod. The only thing was that it was difficult to find the correct pushrod length because of the small diameter of the hardware. My pushrod came out at about 15 inches.

Comment

• I used a sleeved pushrod kit with clevis' that motionrc sells in the accessories as a 2 pack. I added a rudder easily to the p 51 but that kit might be too short for the dora. I added a rudder to the Dora as well with the 2nd sleeve and an old pushrod I had.

Comment

• When will there be spare body parts available again?

Comment

• Motion told me 4 weeks ago that it would be first week Oct

Comment

• I hope so.

Comment

• Parts are available

Comment

• I noticed, thanks.

Comment

• Hey guys. I got a spectrum Ar600 with AS3x for this puppy. But where should I put it? It recommends placing the receiver right at the CG. But the battery goes right there!!! Unless I need to move the battery all the way forward. It might work. Any thoughts?

Comment

• I have my admiral gyro receiver mounted next to the optional rudder servo mount. So definitely back from the CG a bit. It works great. You want to mount the battery where it needs to go to get correct CG. Other people might chime in but I have a few gyro receivers in planes and seldom get to mount them on CG. It's better the closer it is but not critical.

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                          I have my admiral gyro receiver mounted next to the optional rudder servo mount. So definitely back from the CG a bit. It works great. You want to mount the battery where it needs to go to get correct CG. Other people might chime in but I have a few gyro receivers in planes and seldom get to mount them on CG. It's better the closer it is but not critical.
                          thanks. Them at is whereI would put it then. Had the Admiral Gyro in my Dora and it failed. Lost all controls and it nose dived to its death.

Comment

• ChappySincl4ir I have seen posts about people losing control with them but haven't experienced any problems myself. I do use a mix of ex's spektrum, lemon, and admiral. I haven't been using satellite receivers but I recently purchased some to put in my 'active' planes. And will be what I do for all my future planes.

Comment

• I had a 637T installed for testing purposes. RX on the Exact CG location doesn't matter. I had the 637 back by the servos as well as up on the arrow. I had the Admiral 600SP in the same places. All worked flawlessly. I did make an adjustment on the Admiral though. I mounted it on an old foam wing section wedge so I could get the front of the RX lower that the rear (about 15 deg). This made it so in Recovery Mode or Panic mode, the plane would fly level vs angled down. Don't know why the Panic mode was nose down, but the wedge corrected this issue. The Lemon has an actual leveling procedure where it truly levels in Panic.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	B0B74225-6BD2-4FC4-9CA8-8B7F1D172A7E.jpeg
Views:	408
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	286136
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by ChappySincl4ir View Post
                                  Click image for larger version

Name:	B0B74225-6BD2-4FC4-9CA8-8B7F1D172A7E.jpeg
Views:	408
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	286136
                                  Got the tail painted in. I’ll be using the included decals though.

Comment

• ChappySincl4ir Since you're showing yours off, here's mine Click image for larger version

Name:	20201115_182947.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	286156

Comment

• The Red-Tail looks nice. But, that white tail with white wing tips and blue and yellow nose cone is sweet.

Comment

• How is battery placement? Using a 3 cell 2200. Place it all the way forward?

Comment

• I would. But, I don't use 3 cell. I use 4 cell 2200, and have the front of the battery right at the leading edge of the front of the canopy.

Comment

Working...
                                          X