Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I turn it off with hope of it spinning freely on landing. But others might have a different experience.

Is your esc hot? Is your throttle trim zeroed out?

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
      I turn it off with hope of it spinning freely on landing. But others might have a different experience.

Is your esc hot? Is your throttle trim zeroed out?
      Throttle is calibrated and zeroed out. Just having the battery plugged in and working servos made it warm. One guy said it’s because it has a BEC in there?

Comment

• Yeah, it's beyond me.

Comment

• Put brake off. Brake on, propeller could stop perpindicular with the ground and break. Brake off, propeller is free to move when it strikes the ground.

Comment

• To answer the question about motor brakes, I have mine turned off.

-----

As a general extension/continuation of my current... adventure with the P-51; I got the rates set on a 3-pos switch so I have more options to play around with it now. I also went ahead and took out the 8020T and the A3P and replaced them both with a single AR630 unit; with the space savings I was able to get more space to play with the CG.

On the subject of playing with the CG, I know that I said I didn't think that there was a CG issue; but now that I've had the opportunity to play around with it, I now suspect that I might have had my CG set extremely wrong and nose heavy (part due to my inexperience, part in due to not having enough space because of the 8020 and the A3P).

Originally, I had the CG set with the nose facing side of the battery practically in-line with the front edge of the canopy opening. It seemed okay at first just spot checking it on the field, but it wasn't until I actually had the manual recommendations (and the aft heavy recommendation from users on this forum) marked out with a sharpie and had the plane balanced on the bench that I realised that the battery was way to far forward on my first few flight tries.

Sigh... always either either the last things you check and the things you're most sure aren't the problem...

Anyways, now that I have my rates setup properly, a less mess-up-able gryo setup, and my CG/battery in its proper place; I should be able to at least get the plane flying.

Comment

• We had two successful maiden flights at SEFF 2021. This little thing is a rocket on 4s.
              Thanks for the help.
              Attached Files

Comment

• I flew mines yesterday. And, all I kept hearing was, "Damn, that thing is fast." That's coming from guys flying 1600mm warbirds, turbines and big aerobatic gassers.

Comment

• Hi all new here. Just got mine today so checking in for tips.🙂
                  What size batteries are you using?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jake Bullit View Post
                    Hi all new here. Just got mine today so checking in for tips.🙂
                    I fly it 4s, but usually throttle is just over 25%.

Set the esc motor brake on, this way you can possibly break fewer props.

Flies great. I wish it had a rudder, but that's more about my style. You can do the mod, but I already painted mine and didn't.want to mess it up.
                    ​​​​​

Comment

• Great, thanks. What capacity packs and C rating?

Comment

Great, thanks. What capacity packs and C rating?
                        2200. I use 50c only because I have some 64mm edfs I share the battery with. I could fly it all day at scale speeds. I flew today for around 5 min and landed with around 80% remaining. Most of the flight was just above idle

a lower capacity battery would reduce wing loading and it should make the plane even happier to fly.

Comment

Hi all new here. Just got mine today so checking in for tips.🙂
                          Hey Jake, I fly with Admiral 3S 2200s (35C) and get about 8 minutes at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. She is fun to fly once you get the hand launch down.

I hold the top of the fuselage just in front of the canopy with my left hand and underhand it at 3/4 throttle. My right hand is holding the elevator slightly up w/right aileron to compensate for the left torque from the propeller.

Have a good time!

Comment

• Thanks guys, great info.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20210826_193748.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	323212I got myself one. Was wondering if i can use tamiya ts spray paint on it. Anyone knows?

Comment

• Any enamel spray will work great. It's all I ever have used over many years.
                                My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• It's pretty awesome that you picked this P-51 scheme. My grandpa was the Crew Chief on this exact plane on Iwo Jima. He always spoke very higly of both of the pilots assigned to this plane, Darrell Bash and Ed Linfante.

Comment

• I am speaking specifically of the Shanghi Lil.

Comment

• Ordered!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                        Any enamel spray will work great. It's all I ever have used over many years.
                                        It should be fine. If you are worried, spray several very thin coats. In any case, don't attempt to get the color in a single coat with pretty much any spray paint.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	WhatsApp Image 2021-11-23 at 14.07.44 (6).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	175.1 KB ID:	330795Been flying mine a lot lately.Originally LOS but more recently analogue FPV ,and now DJI HD FPV with a pan servo.Love it on 4s.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqn2Qp9kUqk&t=126s

Comment

Working...
                                          X