Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E-flite 1.2m P-39

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-flite 1.2m P-39

Looks like E-flite has a new 1.2m Warbird on the Horizon!!
    A P-39.3s and 4s compatible!
    Please click "Show More" for links and more information.Please visit https://www.horizonhobby.com/SearchDisplay?searchTerm=EFL_P39Airacobra&categoryId=&sourc...

Photos are just screen shots from the video.

hell yea, looks good! nice to see something different too!

Comment

Could be fun to repaint as a Russian bird...

Click image for larger version

Name:	1_38_b3.jpg
Views:	1327
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	188269

Comment

Is this a Rochobby re-do?:Confused:
        With better electronics. :Cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Pilot.Vrf201 View Post
          Is this a Rochobby re-do?:Confused:
          With better electronics. :Cool:
          No.........Roc was a 980mm .
          I personally would much prefer a FL version in a 1400 so that it scales with the 1600 Spitty and Corsair and the rest of forgotten line dropped by FMS (Hellcat, etc) that Alpha is gonna be pumpin out left and right.;)
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Yes, you are correct (980mm).
            My bad OV10 :Silly:.

Comment

Ill take one

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

No.........Roc was a 980mm .
                I personally would much prefer a FL version in a 1400 so that it scales with the 1600 Spitty and Corsair and the rest of forgotten line dropped by FMS (Hellcat, etc) that Alpha is gonna be pumpin out left and right.;)
                At least there is now a decent P-39 on the market that is not FMS.

Comment

Just saw this on HH main page looks like another winner

Comment

Originally posted by Evoman View Post

The conjecture by some and including myself is this is made by FMS............the pilot figure is like a repaint of their other warbird pilots............just sayin ;)
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

So hopefully with all the fms goodies sprung metal struts and what not. Thats what i wish the smaller plane had. But atleast now i can get one how i want.

Comment

Just saw the announcement about the E-flite P-39 yesterday. I couldn't hit the buy button quick enough. I do wish Motion would come out with a bigger version with all the bells and whistles but this will do for now! :) Think about it Motion, a 1400mm/1600mm with retracts/suspension & navigation lights,plastic split flaps,nose gear doors,ball link connectors.:Drooling: Sorry back to the E-flite P-39, just glad someone is listening.

Comment

Right there with ya handy..........but let it be FL unique with a P-63 King Cobra:Cool:
                          Warbird Charlie

Comment

Looks nice. I'm thinking about this one, but I made a conscious decision to get out of the 4S business to focus on 6S only.

Would love to see a Freewing 1600mm of this plane. Would be sweet :Cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Evoman View Post

It is made by FMS,

Comment

Is Motion RC going to stock the Eflite P-39? I do not see it listed under new planes.

Comment

Originally posted by DonRhone View Post
                                  Is Motion RC going to stock the Eflite P-39? I do not see it listed under new planes.
                                  I have been noticing that Motion RC no longer carries some E-flite models that they used to carry. It seems like they are just selling what is left of their stock but once it runs out they will stop carrying E-flite models.

Comment

Sexy Bird I saw one yesterday at our local swap-meet almost pulled the trigger but someone else beat me to it. It's who ya know LOL But were moving to Missoula Montana first of June after wifey's neck surgery heals so got my eye on the FMS Super Cub 1700mm lots of lakes wear were we are going. Peace Goose.

Comment

I pre-ordered one from Horizon, it should be here this week I will shoot a few pictures and post them when I get it.

Comment

First maiden report: Number one, the cg is at the written range of 44 to 55mm, the cg shown in the illustration is wrong, almost 100mm off!
                                        First flight was with 2200mah 4 cell 30c. All setup was as book, very slight amount of up elevator trimmed in. The best way I could describe it would be to say it went they way you'd like all maidens to go, lifted of after about a 60ft roll, needed no trim except 3 clicks of aileron. No bad habits, looped and rolled, just as easy as pie, oh and all so far at low rates.
                                        Stalled it and there was an easily identifiable break and mushed straight ahead. Landing was easy with half flaps in a good headwind but I have to remember how light it is compared to what I usually fly.
                                        Flight two was with 3000mah 4s30c which just barely allowed the canopy to close, had more poop and top speed was higher, as far as I could tell there was no weight penalty with the heavier battery.
                                        One more thing, the instructions for installing the pitot tube say to slide the tube into the slot....WRONG. where the tube mounts there is a small hatch at the leading edge of the wing held on by a piece of doublestick tape. That little hatch has to come off and then the pitot tube mounts inside and the hatch closes over the tube to hold it in. I used a little bit of foam tac because the doublestick tape was not very secure

Comment

Working...
                                        X