Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently assembled my e-Flite P-39, set it up on my DX-9. Everything appears to work as it should and I will maiden when the wind subsides. However, I notice that while most of the wing lines up perfectly with the wing root fairings on the fuselage, the rear 3" begins to gradually slope below the wing root fairings on the fuselage so that the wings trailing edge on each side is 3/16" below the wing root fairing. The wing is screwed into the fuselage as tight as it will go and I checked for any obstruction. I also checked a number of photos and vids online and many appeared similar. Is this normal or should it be of concern?

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Hi ICM, I have the same problem with mine and completing the same exercise as you did. I also found that the receiver (AR636A) takes much longer to communicate with the DX9 than all my other E-Flite models. Does this happen to you? The only other item was that, on unboxing, the left flap was glued together & needed separating. I still have buzzing on the flap servos both up & down with plenty of clearance & adjustments to ease off the main travel. Yet to fly the aircraft.

Comment

I maidened mine early this morning and it flew fine so I guess our trailing edge "issue" is of no concern. My flap servos don't buzz and I haven't noticed that the power up sequence is appreciably longer on the P-39 than my other E=Flite planes.

Comment

After requesting a new receiver to replace the faulty one, I finally managed to fly her yesterday before a big storm moved in.
            Handled very well

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

No.........Roc was a 980mm .
              I personally would much prefer a FL version in a 1400 so that it scales with the 1600 Spitty and Corsair and the rest of forgotten line dropped by FMS (Hellcat, etc) that Alpha is gonna be pumpin out left and right.;)
              They didn't forget anything they just took the money and ran like hell

I think Eflite looks at it like this

We saturate the market with advertising we buy all the you tube gurus off we target new fliers

Who buy our planes they promptly wreck them they quit the hobby rinse and repeat

Or the great pilots and seasoned fliers well we just put them on hold on CS

Till they give up and jury rig a fix

Rinse and repeat

I know if I buy this plane it will have an inferior esc bad servos and glass props along with the famous

"Backorder on parts "

So I choose to ignore them

Comment

Originally posted by Evoman View Post

At least there is now a decent P-39 on the market that is not FMS.
                Believe me it's made by FMS

Believe me it will have the standard FMS issues

And believe me ....

When free wing makes one it will be ten times better

Comment

I love mine. She is a docile puppy to fly. So far about 20 flights on 3S 2200. It took a bit to fine tune the flaps and elevator mix but I think I was just flying too fast with flaps. I tend to fly too fast on maidens fearing a stall or worse a tip stall on final.

Lands beautifully on full or half flaps now. I use the flaps as our geotex has some lumpy spots that aren’t great on the gear. Before I got her tuned i
                  I did manage to get a bit of chatter on the front retract. I was landing flat in no flaps before getting what I wanted in set up.

I should pull the front retract and get the wobble out of the threaded rod. I had to do my Arrows T28 front retract after landing rollout into a hump under our geotex that put the T28 back in the air and no speed to get elevator action leaving me to one point land on the nose gear.

Comment

Working...
                  X