X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dana Rabun View Post
    What three blade prop can you put on this OV10 instead of the two blade prop ?
    Depends on your motor. The guys here are using different ones. I'm still using 2 blade.

Mike
    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Looking for the right hand fuselage ( NXA1000-100 ) and horizontal stabilizer (NXA1000-105 ) . Broken but repairable okay . Thank you . Mike

Comment

• 3 nice flights on my OV-10 this past week end. Seems every time I fly this bird I like it more and more. At some point I "think" increasing the flap throws will be my next update for this bird. When I have the field with no gassers running this twin has a very pleasing dissonance with the two blade props. Mine are set up counter rotating inward to canopy. 7min flights with spirited throttle via (2) 5s 35c 5200mAh LiPo Parallel; 15x7 PJN XOAR Props, E-Flite Power 52 590Kv

TwistedGrin

Comment

• I am having a problem with my retracts. I can only get one to work. Retracts work individually Any ideas

Comment

• Make sure bec is putting out at least 6v

Comment

• Regarding BECs for this bird. It is very important that you calculate the total current (not voltage) of everything you connect to it, servos, lights, gear, EVERYTHING powered by the BEC. The total potential output current of your BEC (I use a battery) should be at least 10% more than the total current draw of everything you are sending power to from the BEC.
              There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

• Hi all,

on friday I have maidened my OV-10 and it went smoothly!

Thanks for your help and information, especially your advice regarding the M-60s (Den and Didier).

I did a full repaint, the German Airforce scheme was not my first choice.

Thanks a lot,

Axel

Click image for larger version

Name:	5B31BC6E-DAAB-4EF8-83EB-229E5FB8E61C.jpeg
Views:	507
Size:	244.7 KB
ID:	312865

Name:	9A3C2C16-3083-4DA0-9D46-ECF1BB14B11E.jpeg
Views:	603
Size:	177.4 KB
ID:	312866

Name:	C43B287D-B0BD-4B13-AD8A-1AB6C0699F51.jpeg
Views:	597
Size:	345.3 KB
ID:	312867Click image for larger version

Name:	038E0D8C-F563-43CE-A932-1C48721130E0.jpeg
Views:	591
Size:	342.9 KB
ID:	312868

Comment

• Congratz on the maiden, but on your photo's the main wings are not completely pushed in against the center fuselage....
                  What is wrong there?

grtz,

Didier

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	766C12E8-D9AE-4BE0-8093-45B9ED0FCA47.jpeg
Views:	575
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	313165 You have keen eyes!!

the gap between center fuselage and the main wings is the result of my emcotec power connection (PWC6).
                    I did not dare to mill the center fuselage more
                    Axel

Comment

• Ah, ok, but why not leave the wing side loose, and guide it into the fuselage and make the connection by hand inside the fuselage?
                      Just an idea..

Didier

Comment

• I have fell behind in finishing out my Nexa OV10 but I'm close. I like to ask if anyone has modified the flaps for more throw. Mine are already mounted per stock but maybe i should try to rehinge and plan for more movement. Any suggestions or ideas?

Comment

• So this thread has lost all followers???? Has anyone considered rehinging the flaps and what ideas came to mind on what may be the best means to allow some more drop as to the stock installation ?

Comment

• Not me. I'll do the Maiden of mine next Saturday, wish me luck.

Comment

• i don't feel the need for more flap drop, find it landing better with half flap.. but that's just me..

Comment

• Ok guys .... time to wake this one up again! after waiting for months for this thing to get off of backorder, finally got mine. thanks for all the great tips posted here that will save me some trouble, snagged Dirty Dees 3d files and printed out this weekend, will hopefully post pics soon!

Comment

• Welcome Tim!!, Im starting mine back up myself so looking to finish it out in short order.
                                  I asked recently for hinging ideas on the flaps as with the CA hinges i felt it limited the throw some what and being only one servo per wing, the hinges were stiff and felt may strain the servo when holding in the deployed position.
                                  Well problem solved as i removed the flap sections and removed the CA hinges by using a dremel cut off wheel, CAUTION!!!! That was a most unpleasant operation in heating up the cured CA and cutting the slots again. MUST BE WELL VENTED AREA, a fan blowing away would have helped. The trailing edge is ply so it would be more work to use an exacto and risk splitting the wood or worse slipping and stabbing my self. Ask how i knew that...... Any way, I found some regular Dubro pinned hinges, medium i believe, and have now full throw to the mechanical limits and no strain to the servo due to stiff hinging.
                                  Full movement on here is roughly a little more than the 20 degree half flap setting on the real one so as already been mentioned, its all it needs.
                                  Just some of the things i have done beyond the stock kit.
                                  Robart electric with struts
                                  Nose landing light using a Mag Light reflector and bulb
                                  full nav lights
                                  Nose gear doors, mechanical actuation with strut
                                  Recovered to the 76' VMO-2 at Camp Pendleton
                                  Dee's exhaust nozzles, Awesome they are!
                                  Heli pilots for crew
                                  Now if i can add hard points to the sponsons to mount some Zuni or 2.75 pods. Would need some internal support to tie in beyond the supplied screws to hold the added weight.
                                  Looking forward to your "build out" Tim and feel free to ask away.
                                  Sam

PS, I got my Bronco fix when the FL version came out and its in the VMO-2 Desert Storm scheme....

Comment

• Thanks Sam,
                                    still in early planning and gathering bit and pieces. I fly mostly 6s these days,so setting up with pair of tacon 46, counter rotating 13x7 3 blade MAS props.
                                    using the freewing a10 dual 100A esc set up, guided by a frsky s8r receiver ,hitec minis all around…going with the wave retracts.really pleased with kit quality, although like most kits the wheels and tires are pretty wheezy. The strut construction limits to a 3" wheel? Did you use stock struts or Robart?Have settled on a Matt finish hybrid scheme base on naval air test station version I have seen, discovered no one makes a pusher 3blade spinner? Got 2 regular and will recarve the slots. would love to see how you did the gear .

Comment

• Here’s my gear doors for the Bronco

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20200511_124446 1.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	318742Click image for larger version

Name:	20200511_124501 1.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	318743 Great work on the mains, here is my nose but i havent done the mains yet but rather like to get it flying.

Comment

• Nice job on the gear doors guys! Something to ad to my to do list, thanks for posting. Mine is getting closer now still always to go…

Name:	ED0ABA87-F333-404E-A667-EA6E741B85B4.jpeg
Views:	382
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	318766
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X