First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a few pics...
    There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

• Cockpit is done, still need to get the pilot in, and fix the canopy...

Click image for larger version

Name:	82552471_557250954870354_2389222051144531968_n.jpg
Views:	773
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	232929

Comment

• Originally posted by didier n View Post
        Cockpit is done, still need to get the pilot in, and fix the canopy...
        That really looks nice! You're gonna make me do mine aren't you? LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by WrightBrosRC View Post

That really looks nice! You're gonna make me do mine aren't you? LOL
          Jeps... that would be cool

Comment

• In the meantime i made a window wiper, it was a detail that just had to be made... it's entirely scratch build from plastic strip and sheet...

Name:	82833563_2476403189264278_2610508391256162304_n.jpg
Views:	762
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	233194

Name:	83065887_188206232328939_4750670816528564224_n.jpg
Views:	784
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	233195

Comment

• Now there's a modder that is def in the details zone
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by didier n View Post
                In the meantime i made a window wiper, it was a detail that just had to be made... it's entirely scratch build from plastic strip and sheet...

Name:	82833563_2476403189264278_2610508391256162304_n.jpg
Views:	762
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	233194

Name:	83065887_188206232328939_4750670816528564224_n.jpg
Views:	784
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	233195
                Can i ask for some detail shots and dimensions, i would like to copy you fine work on the wiper. I wish i was more proficient with my 3D printing to make this and the panels but Evergreen is still my best go to.
                Great job on these details as it will add some character and Im doing panel lines currently with shades of gray and black before i do final assembly and placing the Callie Graphics.

Comment

• could someone tell me how much lead you had to put in the nose to get cg of 85 on the 0v 10. thanks bill

Comment

• Hello Gents, I completed my build video for this bird. It's not comprehensive but it touches on a few things that I haven't seen covered in other builds. I've never created a video like this before as most of my stuff is eye candy or occasionally filming another pilots build process. I hope it is useful.

Comment

• Sam, i've made some photo's alongside a ruler, i hope it helps! if not, just ask

Name:	82616424_2809280499148776_8256519948713590784_n.jpg
Views:	704
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	233331Click image for larger version

Name:	83173434_2769606959786185_8741779595927224320_n.jpg
Views:	713
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	233332Click image for larger version

Name:	83944428_480149809342528_7951006027162320896_n.jpg
Views:	726
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	233333Click image for larger version

Name:	82533190_176634710101481_2524501069858340864_n.jpg
Views:	691
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	233334

Really looking forward to your result, especiallly the panel lines...

WBRC, nice video !!

Comment

• Kudos on vid WBRC, really like the rear cargo mod as i was able watch troops be dropped while i lived near Camp Pendleton way back. I have the same lighting system also that i got for my A10 but never got around to install it so it will be used on the Bronco.
                        As for the panel lines and accent touches, I am using the same book you have for panel lines and such and then found a Marine maint manual for all the nomenclature. I will get some pics posted this weekend along with pens i found to work the best. Using gray on the white and gray areas with thin black on the green.
                        Wing tip light lens are the ones from the L-39 but i need to find two suitable tear drop lens for the anti collision lights. The landing light is like you, a flashlight LED and the lens is from the craft store, found a package of large rolling wiggle eyes that fit perfect.

Thanks didier for the above pics, should be a easy build

Comment

• I was watching WrightBrosRC video on your build. Very impressive and much more detailing and mods than mine. My only concern is how you are powering the motors. By putting the ESCs in the fuselage and running long wires to the motor is contrary to what the research I have done says. In fact if you go to the Castle RC site, they sell capacitors that you put in the battery side of the ESC. In the directions, they even tell you how long the wires can be before the Cap packs are needed. All info I have found is that you never lengthen the ESC to motor wires because of increased resistance in the wire as it gets longer. In my Bronco I used the ESC set up out of a Freewing A10. It has 100 amp ESCs, a BEC, capacitors in line, RF chokes, and long enough leads to not have to lengthen any leads. I use EC5 connectors and multi servo connectors to connect the pylons to the wings. This is not the first plane that I have had to do this so I know it works. I do know that we have had a few fliers do what you have done, long wires to the motor from the ESC, and ultimately the motors burned up. I will say that those were EDFs but the theory is still the same. Just my two cents

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosytime View Post
                            I was watching WrightBrosRC video on your build. Very impressive and much more detailing and mods than mine. My only concern is how you are powering the motors. By putting the ESCs in the fuselage and running long wires to the motor is contrary to what the research I have done says. In fact if you go to the Castle RC site, they sell capacitors that you put in the battery side of the ESC. In the directions, they even tell you how long the wires can be before the Cap packs are needed. All info I have found is that you never lengthen the ESC to motor wires because of increased resistance in the wire as it gets longer. In my Bronco I used the ESC set up out of a Freewing A10. It has 100 amp ESCs, a BEC, capacitors in line, RF chokes, and long enough leads to not have to lengthen any leads. I use EC5 connectors and multi servo connectors to connect the pylons to the wings. This is not the first plane that I have had to do this so I know it works. I do know that we have had a few fliers do what you have done, long wires to the motor from the ESC, and ultimately the motors burned up. I will say that those were EDFs but the theory is still the same. Just my two cents
                            The ESC information I eluded to in my video is fact based upon electrical science. While I did not explain the details of it, I did also recommend that you do your own research to discover the facts on your own.

Why do you suppose Castle purposely sells capacitors for the battery side of the ESC and specs on wire length? Because their engineers know of this science too and they are trying to help you not to burn up your ESC! LOL

If you want to go with what you know, "This is not the first plane that I have had to do this so I know it works." VS electrical science, its all you my friend. Happy flying!

Here's a flat earth video...

Comment

• I installed the CC Caps after researching it and reaching out to castle for more information.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2545.JPG Views:	0 Size:	135.7 KB ID:	233419. .

Mike
                              \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by WrightBrosRC View Post

The ESC information I eluded to in my video is fact based upon electrical science. While I did not explain the details of it, I did also recommend that you do your own research to discover the facts on your own.

Why do you suppose Castle purposely sells capacitors for the battery side of the ESC and specs on wire length? Because their engineers know of this science too and they are trying to help you not to burn up your ESC! LOL

If you want to go with what you know, "This is not the first plane that I have had to do this so I know it works." VS electrical science, its all you my friend. Happy flying!
                                Totally concur with your polite sage advice. As a RF EE in my younger years, it sometimes gets frustrating trying to help those misinformed to understand the science fundamentals.
                                The way you did your ESC configuration is rock solid with the science. I do ALL my twins the same way. I also do not have separate power to each motor...…….definite recipe for the proverbial one engine loss graveyard spiral with separate batteries to the motors.
                                I always parallel ( Y the ESC power leads and the battery leads) on twin power so that both the ESC's see the same voltage through out the power/current supply cycle. If one battery collapses in the parallel setup the other good battery will continue to provide power (albeit for a much shorter time) until both ESC's hit low voltage cutoff and both motors quit together. It is much easier to recognize a dead stick situation than a single flame out and recover.
                                Best regards,
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Can anyone point me to a suitable plastic lens, tear dropped shape, clear or red, that I can heat and mold or is preshaped for the two anti collision beacons.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

As a RF EE in my younger years...
                                    Ha! I'm retired FC from nuke cruiser days. We may have worked on some similar gear in our past?

Comment

• I'm never to old to learn something. WrightBrosRC, I watched the video and researched on the ole interweb. I found out that you can lengthen the motor wires as you said. So much for those experts in my club. I will keep that in mind next time I have a situation that requires longer wires than what comes on the ESC. My ESCs are in the motor pods so the system I used was appropriate. Also, my batteries are wired such that both supply the ESCs equally. I had to make my own adapter and I agree with OV-10 that I would rather have all the juice going to both motors than to have one lipo sag and slow that motor down. I'm also going to try and S-BUS my servos and ESCs so that I have only one wire coming out of the wing along with the power wires. It's a rat's nest in my fuselage currently and I transport the fuselage with the wings on. Luckily I have a trailer to put my planes in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosytime View Post
                                        I'm never to old to learn something. WrightBrosRC, I watched the video and researched on the ole interweb. I found out that you can lengthen the motor wires as you said. So much for those experts in my club. I will keep that in mind next time I have a situation that requires longer wires than what comes on the ESC. My ESCs are in the motor pods so the system I used was appropriate. Also, my batteries are wired such that both supply the ESCs equally. I had to make my own adapter and I agree with OV-10 that I would rather have all the juice going to both motors than to have one lipo sag and slow that motor down. I'm also going to try and S-BUS my servos and ESCs so that I have only one wire coming out of the wing along with the power wires. It's a rat's nest in my fuselage currently and I transport the fuselage with the wings on. Luckily I have a trailer to put my planes in.
                                        I learn new things about this hobby all of the time. I don't think anyone could know all of it so I rely on my flying mates too, good or bad. I didn't realize the battery side can be extended as well, it just demands more effort, math (calculation), components and risk compared to the motor side. I also agree with the battery sharing to both motors. Reasonably attainable redundancy is hard to argue with.

Comment

• Gents...I found a drawing to help make a dual battery dual ESC Parallel system cable

TwistedGrin
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X