Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Black Horse Fieseler Fi156C Storch 2850mm ARF Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, the silver strut in the picture is the stock strut when you removed the airfoil covers (balsa).

Comment

looking good , cant wait to see how it works out . would love to retro fit this to my storch.

Comment

Robart is planning on having these available as a retrofit, once we have it tested and working well. I hope to get it flying in the next 2 weeks!

Comment

My understanding is the undercarriage speeds as well upon landing. Is that right? Hence some mods in the struts need to be made.
          since we are talking about the storch, I have not flown mine yet but I am concerned having enough air flowing over the batteries to provide adequate cooling. For those who have flown their storch how hot did the batteries get.
          moomoo

Comment

Originally posted by TonyF3A View Post
            Robart is planning on having these available as a retrofit, once we have it tested and working well. I hope to get it flying in the next 2 weeks!
            Tony, those look fantastic. I sure hope they work well cause I’d like them on mine for sure. Great job!

Comment

MooMoo: Yes, the undercarriage has to pivot to operate properly. That will require some mods, but I don't think it will be too tricky. I found a good thread on a British site where a modeler made his own struts and modified the gear to pivot. Gonna use that as a guide to get mine working. Plan on putting some hours into it this weekend... I'll post my progress...

Comment

Hay guys reread the instructions, it says balance between 110 and 120mm I'm going with 115mm also how do the want the batteries hook up, parrel or series no where do they tell you. I'm not new to this hobby been doing it for over 60 years I'm 71years old and considered an Advanced pilot.

Comment

Like I said before the instructions call for a cg between 110 and 120mm I'm going with 115mm.also how they want the batteries hook up Parrel or series, it doesn't tell you anywhere.

Comment

I use 10s Batteries - 2 x 5s 5000mah wired in Series..

Comment

Hey guys. I’m new to this thread but looking hard for one of these kits. Does anyone know where they’re available or when motionRc will be offering them again?

brian

Comment

jayhawkboy:
                        I would recommend you call Motion RC and ask....

Comment

Yes I did contact Motion RC and they said they have no idea if or when which is why I posted here! Just hoping someone knows more than I do!

Comment

Hi I’m new to this site. I found it when Googling information on the Storch. I bought this from a guy at our field who only got it a few feet off the ground before putting it into a bush. My question is for such a heavy plane after adding 3# of weight 30cc seems way under powered. I have a 50cc that will fit. I want it to not be such a pig and have some fun with it. I’m of course going to reinforce the firewall gear as much as possible. There are other weak spots that need addressed as well. Any thoughts?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	71238517_10157971708336495_2328468484612161536_o.jpg
Views:	968
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	214623

Some Flying shots of my Storch from last weekend :)
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MANFRED View Post
                                Just curious why they short shafted the iconic legs on her? Ruins the appeal for me.
                                Yeah, Manfred, thanks for pointing that out. I just noticed that and I would be really disappointed when and if I opened the box.

Comment

Any further info on the Robart strut upgrades?

Comment

Well, I got married about a month ago and have been working on getting everything moved along with my shop... so work on the airplane has been at a standstill. I have everything and hope to get started on the re-build by the end of November... One thing that I did notice on the BH website was that they recommend a 50-55cc gas engine now. My airplane came with a template to mount the DLE 35RE. I think I will up-grade to the DLE 55RE when I put it back together. That will add about 2+ pounds of nose weight and more power. So, I'm gonna get the engine ordered shortly so I have everything for the build.... Anyone needing a almost new DLE 35 RE?

Comment

50-55cc would be way way overpowered in this plane , mine flies happily on a power 160 on 10s even weighting almost 10kgs

Parts listing required (not included):
                                      – Radio: 06 channels.
                                      – Servo: 08 standard high torque servos.
                                      – Engine: 30 – 35 cc gas.

Comment

Does anyone know if the DLE35RA with an EME electric starter kit will fit under the Storch cowl without cutting the side of cowling out?

Comment

I installed a 3MM 53cc engine I had laying around just to test. I also took off the slats. I’m going to reshape the underside of the slats, basically removing the lip behind the leading edge and set them how they are supposed to be. It took off with half throttle, no flaps and cruised at 1/4. The engine I have is a side carb so I might get a DLE RE. 50cc is a bit much for this but it sounds more scale and has lots of power to to make it fun. I have yet to play with taking off with flaps down but I tried it up high and it balloons a lot. I also have the flaps on a dial and the end point is scale, way down. Before I settle on an engine I’m going to put on the corrected slats and try it with the DLE 30 I have and see what happens. I kind of like the low tone of the 50cc tooting along instead of a 30cc screaming just to cruise around.

Comment

Working...
                                          X