Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Black Horse Heinkel He-111 1750mm ARF Discussion Thread

Product page: https://www.motionrc.com/products/bl...111-1750mm-arf

Designed in 1934 to get around the restrictions imposed by the Treaty of Versailles on military aircraft production, the Heinkel He-111 was initially produced as a commercial airliner that could be quickly and cheaply converted for military use as a bomber.

The He-111 served with the Luftwaffe throughout WW2, serving on all fronts and in a variety of roles as well as the bomber role synonymous with the type. After WW2, it was adopted by Spain as the CASA 2.111 with whom it served until 1973.

The model is scaled to approximately 1:13 and attention was paid to a true to original appearance and best flight characteristics. The model was designed for electric drives but can also be flown using a matched pair of internal combustion engines of about 4.5cc displacement.

Features:
    • High level of prefabrication right out of the box
    • Lightweight, strong, and fully sheeted laser cut balsa and plywood construction
    • Covered in high quality Oracover
    • Heavy-duty hinges on all control surfaces
    • Large easy access fuel tank/battery/servo access hatches with sprung loaded latches
    • Painted and detailed dummy radial engine, cockpit and interior included
    • Fiberglass control horns with ball link connector
    • Comprehensive control and fitting accessories included
    • Two-piece, plug-in wings simplify transportation and assembly.
    • Fiberglass cowl
    • Mounts for both electric and gas power options included
    • Fully illustrated instruction manual included and also available for download (see tab above)
    Includes:
    • Black Horse Heinkel He-111 1750mm (68.9") Wingspan - ARF
    Requires:Click image for larger version  Name:	he-111 updated.jpg Views:	0 Size:	75.8 KB ID:	194502
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Very interesting. Balsa though, hmmm!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by borntoolate View Post
      Very interesting. Balsa though, hmmm!

Bob
      Worth it, Bob! It's just a bigger FlightLine P-38.
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Alpha, you know me all too well!

Comment

The cowlings of the He-111 are molded from a single fiberglass mold, complete with recessed panel lines and raised rivets. Anyone who knows anything about molding knows that's quite an intricate feat. Here's a couple photos I snapped at the factory to show their craftsmanship. I really respect the old school techniques.

Comment

OK, Ordered. I need another project like I need a hole in my head. But... It is a bomber!!!!

Bob

Comment

But these are the GOOD kinds of holes in your head! LOL
              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

True enough! Looking forward to seeing this one on my build table soon.

Now, where are those Mitsubishi Betty's???

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                  The cowlings of the He-111 are molded from a single fiberglass mold, complete with recessed panel lines and raised rivets. Anyone who knows anything about molding knows that's quite an intricate feat. Here's a couple photos I snapped at the factory to show their craftsmanship. I really respect the old school techniques.
                  Thanks for these pics, Alpha!

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                    Product page: https://www.motionrc.com/products/bl...111-1750mm-arf

Designed in 1934 to get around the restrictions imposed by the Treaty of Versailles on military aircraft production, the Heinkel He111 was initially produced as a commercial airliner that could be quickly and cheaply converted for military use as a bomber.

The He111 served with the Luftwaffe throughout WW2, serving on all fronts and in a variety of roles as well as the bomber role synonymous with the type. After WW2, it was adopted by Spain as the CASA 2.111 with whom it served until 1973.

The model is scaled to approximately 1:13 and attention was paid to a true to original appearance and best flight characteristics. The model was designed for electric drives but can also be flown using a matched pair of internal combustion engines of about 4.5cc displacement.

Features:
                    • High level of prefabrication right out of the box
                    • Lightweight, strong, and fully sheeted laser cut balsa and plywood construction
                    • Covered in high quality Oracover
                    • Heavy-duty hinges on all control surfaces
                    • Large easy access fuel tank/battery/servo access hatches with sprung loaded latches
                    • Painted and detailed dummy radial engine, cockpit and interior included
                    • Fiberglass control horns with ball link connector
                    • Comprehensive control and fitting accessories included
                    • Two-piece, plug-in wings simplify transportation and assembly.
                    • Fiberglass cowl
                    • Mounts for both electric and gas power options included
                    • Fully illustrated instruction manual included and also available for download (see tab above)
                    Includes:
                    • Black Horse Heinkel He111 1750mm (68.9") Wingspan - ARF
                    Requires:Click image for larger version Name:	he-111 updated.jpg Views:	0 Size:	75.8 KB ID:	194502
                    quick question just crossed my mind.

https://www.motionrc.com/products/xw...tronic-retract

are these retracts specificly catered for the he-111 kit? meaning are they direct drop in fit with struts included and fitted with the wheels that come with the arf kit? or is there some additional work involved, which then would make one ponder about alternatives which they might already have in the hangar...

Comment

It is my understanding that those retracts will be a drop in fit for this He111, yes. But don't kill the messenger, I'm just MRC's pixel pusher. ;)

I would ask Alpha or Stuart who would be in better position to answer definitively.
                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Off the top of my head, 10-15 size retracts work but I'd use 25 sized or even slightly larger, something like what the F7F Tigercat or Freewing 80mm A-10 uses. The plywood mounting plates aren't predrilled for a specific model/brand of electric retract so there's lots of versatility in selecting the exact retract unit to use based on your preference as long as it can handle the weight. Fixed gear is an option, too, although I'd make Tigercat main retracts fit if I planned on flying the He-111 as a daily driver.

Comment

Hi Guys, I'm in Europe so have just got up, good to see plenty of chatter though.

Regarding the RM400-90 retracts, they are intended for use with the He-111 and PC-9 (as well as future BH offerings.....;)) and should fit with very little modification, if any required. The strut supplied with the He-111 can be seen in the manual, screen grab attached (can be downloaded from our site also). Its not a full scale unit, but is an oleo so is a great place to start to get you flying. The RM400-90 does not come with a wire strut, simply a retract unit.

Hope this helps.

S.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-05-16 at 06.21.38.png
Views:	3673
Size:	247.5 KB
ID:	194613Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-05-16 at 06.22.12.png
Views:	3733
Size:	338.5 KB
ID:	194614

Comment

Just when I thought I was lost, a cure for the jet kool-aid I've been drinking all year...

Comment

a pair of these:

PROPDRIVE v2 motors are designed to perform right out of the box with tight windings, smooth bearings, correctly rated magnets, precision cut stator and balanced rotors.

would really do it proud.

Joe
                              Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

Alpha, the only thing that bothers me are the main gear struts. The he-111 had struts more like a Mosquito, Lancaster or DC-3. After market struts are hard to find

Comment

I am finding it harder and harder to resist pushing that crazy order button!

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                                    Come on, you know you want to. :Devil:
                                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                                      As the Borg have often stated "resistance is futile".....:)

Comment

Does anyone know if the decals are preapplied?

Comment

Working...
                                        X