X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spinnetti View Post
    Just about done getting my gear install figured out. I have it set up for pneumatics, but will ultimately use a servo instead. I think I earned my nerd card as I redesigned the front airframe mount for literally the 14th time - The scale mount reinforcing brackets have the scale number and size of rivets! The gear bay nacelle is way off scale, so will have to remake that to allow for proper opening doors

I don't work with glass much - what weight of cloth should I use for the doors? single or multiple layers? Thanks!

Click image for larger version Name:	Install.JPG Views:	0 Size:	126.7 KB ID:	220730Click image for larger version Name:	Front Mount.JPG Views:	0 Size:	88.7 KB ID:	220731
    That is looking excellent! Nice work!

Bob

Comment

• Figured out the last bits of the install. Designed some servo Mounts, got servos and linkage stuff and gave it a go. Couple caveats - I just used a servo tester to run it, so its a bit herky jerky. I also don't have the rear mount support glued it so its a bit creaky :) Looks like I can't upload a movie, so I'll put that on Youtube under my username - Spinnetti

Click image for larger version

Name:	Servo Install.jpg
Views:	939
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	224098

Comment

• I am nearly finished with my second He-111. I decided to make this one in winter Eastern front camouflage. I am sure it is not perfect but I had fun doing this one. I just need to get some re-sized decals for her wing.

Bob

Name:	DSC_0544.JPG
Views:	1163
Size:	315.4 KB
ID:	224500Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0546.JPG
Views:	1095
Size:	298.0 KB
ID:	224501Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0542.JPG
Views:	1029
Size:	330.1 KB
ID:	224502Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0545.JPG
Views:	1023
Size:	370.0 KB
ID:	224503

Comment

• That's a sweet look Bob
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
            That's a sweet look Bob
            Thanks! She looks better from 10 feet away!

Bob

Comment

• I like it a lot, Bob! Great job. When is the maiden of Heinkel 2?
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                I like it a lot, Bob! Great job. When is the maiden of Heinkel 2?
                Hi Alpha, Thanks! Weather permitting, the maiden should be this week - probably Thursday. I love these Black Horse kits! Thanks for bringing them to us!

Bob

Comment

• With the main gear all figured out, time for the tail. Cutting up the factory rear wire provides all that's needed to put on a scale one. As with the mains, the tail wheel is way too small. Need to order the right size yet (1.5")
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Any body used nitro or gas for this nice model? I am looking for my first twin and this could make a unique one. I really like the shape of its wing. 2xOS 46?

Comment

• Looks good Bob.. Latex for paint or?

Gear is done and all the servos installed, first time on the full gear today (waiting on motors, props escs and batteries). In a rare event, I got my spinner design exactly right on the first print. Its for 3 blades, the profile is close to scale as I can get (the stock one is too bulbous) and still uses the stock back plate. The Gun emplacements are done using Tom Hunt's MG15 off Thingiverse, scaled to size then added ring sights and ball mounts where needed. I have a feeling that belly gun will be an early casualty! A scale control column is next. The exhaust bugs me, but I don't want to cut the fiberglass cowl apart.

I'm a little unclear on how to mount the nose glazing - there's no mounting tabs and it seems too small to fit over the nose section. How does this work?

​​ Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0508.jpg Views:	0 Size:	92.2 KB ID:	236833Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-02-16_17-30-03_822.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	117.4 KB ID:	236834

Comment

Looks good Bob.. Latex for paint or?

Gear is done and all the servos installed, first time on the full gear today (waiting on motors, props esc and batteries). Printing a scale 3 blade spinner now using the stock back plate, and a scale control column is next. The Gun emplacements are done using Tom Hunt's MG15 off Thingiverse, scaled to size then added ring sights and ball mounts where needed.

I'm a little unclear on how to mount the nose glazing though - there's no mounting tabs and it seems too small to fit over the nose section. How does this work?

​​

The white paint is Rustoleum flat white primer. The green and yellow are both latex paint from Home Depot. I really like the detail you are putting into yours! The nose glazing is pretty much a pressure fit. Mine is held on using the rubber-type cement that comes with lots of planes. it goes on pretty easily. Once I got it in place (with glue) I taped it down until cured.

Bob

Comment

• Control column is up on Thingiverse if you want to give it a spin. Scale the STL at 130% to fit the tubby Budda pilot. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4180841

Name:	He-111 Column.jpg
Views:	891
Size:	364.6 KB
ID:	237875Click image for larger version

Name:	Control Column 20200223.png
Views:	843
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	237876

Comment

• Today my bomber bug is getting squished again. Was so excited to se the HE-111 come out from Motionrc. I’ve been eyeballing this kit for some time now and it’s finally time to make the dream a reality. It’s definitely a gorgeous model and I can’t wait to fly this at Nall this year. It’s absolutely beautiful as to be expected from a product found on Motionrc. I will start a build thread on this once I get going. Coming off the Nexa P-47 I can definitely see this ones going to take a little more time. Nothing bad just a little more to assemble on this model. Can’t wait to see this one in the air I’m sure it will be an absolute sweet heart.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Stuff has been out of stock forever, but thinking about the following for power.. Thoughts? I want scale diameter 3 blade props, so everything has to work with those
                              2x Turnigy Air Brushless Motor 3730-1000kv (3s-4s 580w)
                              2x Master Airscrew 3-Blade Propeller 11x7
                              2x 4000 3S

Comment

• I went with;

FMS 3648-770 kv motors
                                Props from the FMS Ki-61 Tony
                                Spinners from the Dynam Spitfire. They are a bit more pointed than I cared for, but it was what I could find with the correct prop shaft hole.

This power set-up makes for a fast bomber, it will run on 3S or 4S. It has only run on 4S so far which would account for the speed. Between scheduling, work and the Wuhan virus - flying has just not been happening for me. My second He-111 has not maidened yet!!

Bob

Comment

• Thanks Bob. I'll run the numbers for a compare.

Comment

Stuff has been out of stock forever, but thinking about the following for power.. Thoughts? I want scale diameter 3 blade props, so everything has to work with those
                                    2x Turnigy Air Brushless Motor 3730-1000kv (3s-4s 580w)
                                    2x Master Airscrew 3-Blade Propeller 11x7
                                    2x 4000 3S
                                    Take a look at the props and spinner for the LA7 at MotionRC. They look very scale to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post

Take a look at the props and spinner for the LA7 at MotionRC. They look very scale to me.
                                      I ordered the spinners but the blades are currently out of stock but yes I was thinking the same. I also ordered the xwave retracts and I’m hoping the A10 struts I have end up fitting I think the will look close enough for the boozer and function well

Comment

• I designed and 3d printed my own spinners so that's no issue, and of course designed my own landing gear which is all installed. Just need to install the power system, make scale gear doors and its ready to go.

Click image for larger version  Name:	He-111 13th Scale Construction (6).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	128.7 KB ID:	259278

Comment

• Excellent work creating the gear. You have some very good skills! The best I could do was to use the Freewing Mosquito gear.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                                          X