Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting closer! I still need motors for mine.

Comment

• Im starting off with flightline ta152 system. looks good. I'll have to change motors if I go with the other spinners.

Comment

• This is getting old. So I hooked it all up and both my esc seem like they have burnt. For each motor I have 4s 3000mah batteries. Motors are the ones from the flight line ta152. Plugged into to receiver is a 2 cell life battery to run the servos. The one thing I did not do was unconnect one red wire from one of my esc's. I have had just about enough of this aircraft. Ready to throw it in the trash.

Comment

• WIth just the LiFe battery, 2 cell 2300mah, connected everything was working. Then I connected the 2 4s batteries and it went south. Any ideas?

Comment

• Originally posted by MeyerVW View Post
            WIth just the LiFe battery, 2 cell 2300mah, connected everything was working. Then I connected the 2 4s batteries and it went south. Any ideas?
            Which ESCs were you using on this He-111?

Comment

• They are ZTW Mantis 65A ESC with 5A SBEC. I suspect the extra battery is the issue. Its shows it in the pic but not the schematic. I was told to use it to run the servos. But the 2 4s also run the servos. The goal was to have aux power for the servos in case of a problem the the esc's. Since both batteries go into the receiver this may cause an issue??

Comment

They are ZTW Mantis 65A ESC with 5A SBEC. I suspect the extra battery is the issue. Its shows it in the pic but not the schematic. I was told to use it to run the servos. But the 2 4s also run the servos. The goal was to have aux power for the servos in case of a problem the the esc's. Since both batteries go into the receiver this may cause an issue??
                I have 65 amp ESC's in both my He-111s. I also use a 2s BEC battery to power the receiver. I use 10 amp CC BEC's in both. I do not understand how your ESCs burned. Very baffling.

Bob

Comment

• What about disconnecting one of the red wires from one of the esc's, going to a y harness, to the receiver?
                  does the receiver battery being a LiFe have anything to do with it?

Comment

• I plugged in each component back in one by one, not all at the same time. In all. 1 esc is damaged. 1 seems to be working correctly. Both motors work.

Comment

I plugged in each component back in one by one, not all at the same time. In all. 1 esc is damaged. 1 seems to be working correctly. Both motors work.
                      On my twins, including the He-111s, I disconnected both red wires when using a separate BEC battery.

Comment

• Originally posted by borntoolate View Post

On my twins, including the He-111s, I disconnected both red wires when using a separate BEC battery.
                        I think this was my failure. Damn, I did it to my own self. Thanks for the replies. It was very helpfull.

Comment

• All the bugs are finally fixed and it's ready for the air. Plan on flying this Wednesday.

Comment

All the bugs are finally fixed and it's ready for the air. Plan on flying this Wednesday.
                            Good Luck to you!

Comment

• Hope you got video!

Comment

• It was a success. My wife did video so well see when I get home. Great flying aircraft. Very smooth. Handles very nice. Land was also nice. Not perfect. Back to loving this plane.

Comment

• The video is no good. Sorry.

Comment

• Video or it didn't happen! Kidding of course. Congrats on the successful maiden!
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Thank you all for your help with this aircraft. This was one tough aircraft to get done. Ran into alot of complications. Glad it flew today with no issues.
                                      I do have video but the camera is so bad you can barely make out the aircraft. I'll get video next flight

Comment

• Well, that ended poirly. I have some parts that survived . Ill upload some video. My wife freaked out so no actual crash footage. But its good video.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• The bad take off that led to disaster. NWS language.

Comment

Working...
                                          X