X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BJR981S View Post

Hi I am new here as well. Also going gas in mine. I'm dropping in a UMS 50cc 7 Cyl Radial. You need to have both an Ignition Battery and a flight battery. A 2600mah Life would be suitable for the ignition. Make sure you use 2 batteries and don't interconnect.

Looks like beefing up the canopy is a must. I will be flying off grass.

Cheers
    Welcome to the squawk! Please let us know how the UMS 50cc works out on this plane. I would like to do the same set up, but still have a few projects to finish first.

Comment

Originally posted by Peteflys View Post

Welcome to the squawk! Please let us know how the UMS 50cc works out on this plane. I would like to do the same set up, but still have a few projects to finish first.
      Sure will do. I have other projects in front of this one as well. Should fit OK if I have to mount it rearward at all I will just turn up a prop extender. I will definitely make a cockpit frame, not sure if I will 3D print or cut Ply formers on my CO2 laser.

Comment

wow, i have always used only one a 123 battery with all my gas planes, never had 1 problem with that setup. i can fly for around 40 min and only use 600 mah out of a 2500 mah battery. t

Comment

question alpha, do the wing struts fold up? or are they fixed in one place? i did weigh my ngh 38cc and i think its 1 or 2 ounces heavier than what you were using, by the way my bu 161 went belly up, note to self do not buy anymore planes with a composite frame, it was supposed to weigh around 14 pounds when we got it together it was 18.5 than with fuel 19.5 (i gues when they built it they used to much glass)and the ngh 38cc tried its best but it barely got off the ground and when i came around to land ka boom! atleast the motor lived. the ngh 38cc is a very nice engine, i broke it in in the air with horizon hobby's ultra stick

Comment

What is the inside diameter of the cowl?

Comment

Proper location of C/G

The manual is very ambiguous about where the C/G of 93mm is measured from. It states 93mm from the leading edge of the wing and then it also states 93mm from the leading edge where it meets the fuselage. The pictorial shows it actually from the leading edge of the wing not from where it meets the fuselage.

I did some scaling off of the Phoenix 126 inch Lysander and it would imply that the C/G should be around 116mm back from leading edge, almost an inch further back.

For those who have actually flown the Black Horse 100 inch Lysander, where did you actually put your C/G at??

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
              X