X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha
    thank you very much for your very detailed reply its most helpful, I might be back with more questions once I’ve received my new plane.

it looks amazing and everyone are saying how amazing she fly’s and very fast .

iam now thinking of a new radio receiver Combo with expo with your advice , just have to think on budget for it .

Or another thought was a gyro , to keep cost down !!?

I know the flightline Dora is going to fly faster than the FMS, from all the guys are saying how fast she flys. 👍😃

ive bought the 4cell battery with my order.

Thank you very much again

Comment

• Iam also Really really hoping that they bring out a Zero and Me109 , but 1st really exciting that Ive got FW 190 coming

Comment

• Just unpacked my Dora. I could not fine the belly skid. I took everything out of the box, and turned the fuselage bag inside out, Nothing, where is the skid supposed be packed in the box,

Terry

Comment

• Hey Guys ! Wow received my fw-190 Dora 850mm , what a beautiful stunning plane so so happy . Carnt wait to fly this amazing looking plane .
          very well done flightline and MotionRC. For such amazing aircraft.

Comment

• Estoy a la espera de recibir mi Dora, me ha llamado la atención por su calidad.
            Respecto al vuelo lo veo muy rápido,pienso que bajando el gas se mantendrá más tranquilo.

Comment

• For such small volatile planes, it always helps to include a gyro with a rescue function (e.g. auto level mode).
              Also high expos up to 60% on aileron is useful.
              I usually apply the Eagletree Guardian. Other solutions like Hobby Eagle Super A3, Admiral Plus, Lemon StabPlus are possible.
              I personally think, that Eagletree Guardian is best. 3D mode helps a lot in windy conditions on small models.
              The 2D mode is basically the rescue mode.

These small models fly excellent with pure aileron ( no rudder needed). Please apply a 100% throw ( high rates) and high expo settings.

My only concern is to always spot the model with the camouflage painting. But therefor you have the rescue function of your gyro.

Comment

• I have a dx8. Can someone give me the settings I should be putting into the transmitter, throws and expo, that would be a good place to start to get used to the 190? I need it to be reasonably docile to start with to see now she flies in my fields. After I get used to her I can modify my settings at a later date.

thanks

Comment

• Is this thread still alive?

Comment

• Originally posted by thumbs View Post
                    I have a dx8. Can someone give me the settings I should be putting into the transmitter, throws and expo, that would be a good place to start to get used to the 190? I need it to be reasonably docile to start with to see now she flies in my fields. After I get used to her I can modify my settings at a later date.

thanks
                    This is what the manual recommends:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	DoraThrows.jpg
Views:	645
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	252366

Comment

• Thanks. Good to know the thread is alive. LOL I am getting ready to place the order for the plane. I want to start out with if being reasonably tame till I get used to her. Never flew anything as fast as this before just scratch built profile 30" foamies. Do you recommend the Admiral receiver with the gyro? Does glue come with the plane? I saw a video where they said it did. Just want to make sure I order it if it doesn't come with it.

thanks

Comment

Thanks. Good to know the thread is alive. LOL I am getting ready to place the order for the plane. I want to start out with if being reasonably tame till I get used to her. Never flew anything as fast as this before just scratch built profile 30" foamies. Do you recommend the Admiral receiver with the gyro? Does glue come with the plane? I saw a video where they said it did. Just want to make sure I order it if it doesn't come with it.

thanks
                        No glue. You'll have to get your own. 6 channel Admiral receiver would be fine if you're using DSMX (Spektrum). Gyro is your choice.
                        https://www.motionrc.com/collections...-pnp#video-tab

Comment

• Great thanks. Yep DX 8. Ill get the order off in a few minutes. Any words of wisdom? Tips, tricks what to look out for?

Comment

Great thanks. Yep DX 8. Ill get the order off in a few minutes. Any words of wisdom? Tips, tricks what to look out for?
                            Don't talk with your mouth full, don't put your hand in the prop when it's running, Pretty girls, Zombies...rabid dogs. The usual...

Comment

• LOL Ok thanks. Nothin special. I read and looked at as many Youtubes as I could fine. Didn't seem like rocket science. Thanks

Comment

• My 190 should be her on Sunday!! Anyway I ordered a 2200 3s with the plane. I have a few 1500 3s batteries. Has anyone flown with a 3s 1500? Just wondering how it worked out. What were your flight times and did the CG work out with the lighter battery? One last thing, since this is my first time putting something like this together what is the proper method to glue the skid plate to the plane? Do you coat the entire inside of the plate with foam tac? What is the correct way to do it?

thanks

Comment

• Got a chance to work on getting the Dora together today. I think I have it pretty well worked out. Its the electronics that take the time. For me anyway.

I am a reasonably slow profile foamy flier. Does anyone have any good settings to get started reasonably docile at first? I don't want to dumb it down to much but with my exp with slower planes I don't want ti to get away from me either. I am thinking, but don't know, that even the low rates may be to much for me to start.

Also anything you guys have found that help with the flying of the Dora would be great. I am not a full throttle balls to the wall kinda flier. Mabe later but not yet.

Thanks

Comment

• thumbs What radio do you have? I always set my Aileron and Elevator to two separate switches, and for each switch, I set a High rate, Middle rate, and Low rate. It takes all the guesswork out of a maiden, because I can quickly toggle between different settings. I typically set the "High" rate based on the manual's recommended rate. If it's too high, I switch down to the middle or low rate.

Each rate, of course, represents both a Throw measurement, and an Expo value. There's no right or wrong answer, but in general, most pilots fly in the 10%-25% expo range. I rarely see anyone above 50% expo because the controls get way too mushy.

Another thing to look out for is to read the manual for your specific radio because some radios use a positive Expo value to reduce the sensitivity around the stick, and some radios use a negative Expo value to reduce the sensitivity around the stick. Be mindful of which yours is, otherwise instead of reducing sensitivity you'll be increasing sensitivity, which may lead to a very twitchy experience.

For a bird as simple as this Dora, I'd follow the manual's suggestions, and set switches to bring those values lower with the flick of a switch. I wrote the manual, so... I'm confident it's a good basis for success flying this bird.
                                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thanks Alpha.

First I have a DX8. I've been flying for years but again scratch built profile foamies. Ha you think the Dora is a simple bird, and I know she is, but to me the comparison to what I have flown in the past has no comparison. LOL This is the biggest most powerful bird I will to date have even seen, in person. I fly in fields and and sometimes at football fields and such. really don't know anyone that flies. Yes I do use the expo and rates. My expo rates are usually 30, 40, and 50% but fly mostly at 30%. I guess what it comes down to is I just don't want to overlook something in setting this thing up that will cause a avoidable crash.

Hey one last thing, I was setiting up the Admiral RX600SP 6-channel DSMX with Stability Plus Gyro today. I wanted to set it up for on and off. Put it on switch A. When its off the red and green light are on when its on the green light is on. Here is the question. When in the on position there is very little servo movement either in a roll or pitch. It is there I can hear very little servo noise. If I pick the receiver up and move it as to a roll or pitch it operates the control surfaces fine. I set the Mix to Gear at 0% and 5% as to the instructions on the site. How do I get more movement in the ailerons and elevator when I move the plane? Do I adjust the pots or the radio? Also how much is the right adjustment.

When in on, off mode the blue and green light to indicate advanced and beginner reaction modes is off right?

The Dora sure is a beautiful bird for sure. So much so I am thinking about the P-15 in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the help I appreciate it
                                      Gary

Comment

• the problem I've had with 1/12 warbirds is finding someone who can launch them for me the first time? Joe
                                        Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• Yeah that will be interesting. I hand launch most of the time flying in fields but nothing this big. I see on the videos most single handed tosses are usually underhand.

Comment

Working...
                                          X