Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank Joe, this reminds me that I might need to check the propeller chuck which have went thru all crashes on this dora. It is likely bent and I doesn't really pay attention to it.

Originally posted by paladin View Post
    on my never crashed motors (usually ntm5060's) .050 chuck/slop on the c clamp is normal. it has to be loose to reduce friction

there are several things that could be wrong, starting with most likely:
    - bearings are loose either the od of the bearing and the id of the bearing pocket, or the shaft and the id of the bearing have room to move around. I put prick marks in one of the components to take up the slack but that almost never works without the use of Permatex to fix this but application has to be precise. cause its not coming out after that.
    - the crank shaft is bent. this can be checked on a drill press. chuck the shaft up, turn on the drill press at a fast rpm then touch the shaft with a felt tip marker. once the drill press stops it should have amarker all the way around it. if the marker breaks do this test again after re-chucking the crank. if the gap is still in the same spot you have a bent crank.
    - most unlikely the bearing pocket is damaged

Joe

Comment

• This is Roy's Flightline FW-190 D-9 Dora RC Warbird Maiden Flight Adventure!

Comment

• Gettem Roy!
        Roys maiden from my perspective, haha.

Comment

• Hi guys,
          greetings from Europe. How are you at this strange COVID time?

I turn to you with help. I would like to switch from EPP, EPO RC trainers to EPO Warbirds.

I am now very often on motionrc.eu and hobbysquawk.com 😉

Can I consider the Fw 190 D-9 Dora or P-51D Mustang 850mm from FlightLine after experience with Flying Wing ZORRO?

Thanks for your time.

Martin

Comment

• Hello! They aren't hard to fly. They actually fly really well. I don't know the plane that you have, but wings can glide forever slowly. These can't, but again not hard to figure them out, both for launching and landing. Watch the video on motionrc of James launching the Dora and do that, you'll have better success.

Read previous pages in this thread to find the issues that come up from flying this plane. They are minor for a plane without landing gear. I like flying this Fw190 and will hopefully always have one. I usually fly it first when I go fly. It has a great speed range.

Comment

• What Spectrum smart battery goes best with this plane?

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnVH View Post
                Gettem Roy!
                Roys maiden from my perspective, haha.
                I'm pretty sure I heard an Angry Frank reference in that video!

Comment

• Originally posted by Choctaw View Post
                  What Spectrum smart battery goes best with this plane?
                  4s 2200 and 2700 but I also fly it on the admiral 2500 and 2200s. As well as 3s. I'm inclined to say, out of my packs, the 4s 2200 50c brings the best overall performance. It flies light, it climbs forever and is fast with decent flight time.

Comment

• Greetings everyone

What are the main flying characteristics of this Dora and the P51? I am trying to decide which one to buy.

Comment

• Main flying characteristics? Pure Fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by derrickt View Post
                        Greetings everyone

What are the main flying characteristics of this Dora and the P51? I am trying to decide which one to buy.
                        best way to answer this is my son has both d9 and p-51 from motion. he has 8 flights on the p-51 and 39 on the d-9 and bought one for me. we also have afew of our 704 combat planes (when they still looked scale) and both the motion offerings are easier to fly than the combat planes.

hope this helps

Joe
                        Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• Joe
                          Thanks for the response. Any particular reason why the Dora gets more flight time?

Comment

• I own both. They both fly great. Just like a Mustang and just like an FW. I've had a few different mustangs over time. It's a plane I'd love to hate but can never find a good reason not to completely enjoy flying them. The mustang's I've had just seem to fly really well.

But then again so does the Dora. It rips up sky. Huge loops and barrel rolls. Such a smooth stable plane at speed. Launches easy once you get the process down, lands easy. Looks great in the air.

I fly my Dora more than the Mustang as well. I can't quite put my finger on why, but it always goes to the field with me.

They are inexpensive enough to own both! I hate to sway someone's decision on two great planes. For me, if I had to choose I would probably choose the Dora

Comment

• Originally posted by derrickt View Post
                              Joe
                              Thanks for the response. Any particular reason why the Dora gets more flight time?
                              we have several bigger fw190 & 152's this one does not suffer from the undercarriage problems. fw190 fly like arrows, its locked in and groves well (opinion garnered from bigger models) and these two do nothing to change that perception. my son and i flew 704 combat we have 2x fw190d9, 3x corsairs, they out weigh this pair be 26oz min. and need a cat to get flying. we use ntm - 3548 - 900 on 4 or 5s (80 and 100+mph respectively), loads of fun! but when we just want to go out for a quick flight we take the fl planes the p-51 is shorter coupled (cg to e and r) making the fw much smoother in flight (better low passes and formation), but the thing that stands out to me most is the fw is built for throwing in the trunk and going to the park to fly (more beefy). when we do formation is when the fw shines, i can make small corrections and they show up better than any foamie i have so we can get closer than with the p-51 because its got thin foam and short coupling it tends to bend the plan rather than move the control, so we add more control until it moves making a consistent line with another plane hard to attain.

Joe
                              Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• At this moment there are not propeller available, do you know any other alternative of propeller for this Dora.
                                Cali

Comment

• Cali, I just ordered 3 propellers from MotionRC that work for both the 850mm Dora and P51. They should have some in stock.

Comment

• 9x6 Apc Electric with some modifications to the spinner. If you look on page 8, I posted photos of the modified spinner. It's easy to do.

Comment

• Hi folks,
                                      I just got this nice bird as a birthday present and was all excited to assemble it and take it out for the first flight.
                                      But then I realized that the propeller axis is tilted. A closer look at the motor mounting revealed that there seems to be a production error with that part.
                                      On the second picture you can see, that the two screws on the right are protruding as compared to the two left screws. The screws seem to be mounted correctly, however, the plastic brackets that they are screwed into have different distances to the front of the plane.

Did that happen to anyone else already?

Any ideas how to fix this?

I feel that I should get a replacement from the vendor....

Any help is highly appreciated.

Comment

• All of ours look the same for the same reason. The direction the prop is turning. (Google: p factor)

Torque is the reason you will want to only throttle up 60 to 70% when you hand launch it. It'll want to torque roll left. And so you'll want to hold a little right aileron ( and a little up elevator) as you launch, to compensate. It's worth watching the flight review of this plane and watch how he launches it. You can launch it overhand but some people find it easier to launch with the throttle hand and simultaneously control the plane with the right hand on the transmitter. Good luck. Set low and mid rates, the high rates are too much.

Comment

• And remember when you launch it that it wants to fly. If the CG is correct it flies extremely well! 3s or 4s.

Comment

Working...
                                          X