Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: Official Announcement: FlightLine 1600mm P-38 Lightning!!!

Hey guys,I had to find an adapter to put my 4000 6s in the
    Pitts, maybe this page might help, check it out
    http://giantpowerlipos.myshopify.com/collections/all/lipo-adapters
    Hopefully this helps, it might have to be a combination, but I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

I too was going to use one 5000mAh LiPo but after reading how they fitted two 4s 35c 3000mAh LiPo for a total of 6000mAh....and the fact I can charge two 3000mAh LiPo's way faster than one 5000mAh.....I am going to use the two LiPo system. Same as I am doing with the 1875mm B-17s.

TwistedGrin

Comment

To confirm what Ryan said, we won't be carrying an adapter from a single EC5 to a parallel dual T-connector. The minimum order quantity is far, far, far, far too high. Ryan will make a video showing how to adapt solder an EC5 onto the end of our SKU#ADMTCONNPARALLELESC (http://www.motionrc.com/t-connector-2-to-1-parallel-esc-adapter/)

Otherwise, pilots can solder their own or buy one locally or online if they're really intent on using a single 4s 5000.
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

G'day fellas, stoked to see a p38. Looks like I've a little reading to do on this thread. Any idea if this will come to oz? :)

Comment

Originally posted by Shirty
            G'day fellas, stoked to see a p38. Looks like I've a little reading to do on this thread. Any idea if this will come to oz? :)
            It has been mentioned that RC Castle will sell this plane once it's released. That would make for a nice option for you fellas. They don't generally list a product until they know they can ship right away. It's also been mentioned that Motion RC is working on something to ship this plane to OZ although the costs could make it prohibitive. MRC did a pretty good job of working something out to ship this kind of product to Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC
              To confirm what Ryan said, we won't be carrying an adapter from a single EC5 to a parallel dual T-connector. The minimum order quantity is far, far, far, far too high. Ryan will make a video showing how to adapt solder an EC5 onto the end of our SKU#ADMTCONNPARALLELESC (http://www.motionrc.com/t-connector-2-to-1-parallel-esc-adapter/)

Otherwise, pilots can solder their own or buy one locally or online if they're really intent on using a single 4s 5000. This is what you're looking for:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Parallel-Adapter-2-T-Plug-Deans-Style-Male-1-EC5-Female-10CM-12awg-Wire-/330987071379

Thanks guys. That eBay one is actually going the wrong way though. That one is to tie two batteries to one ESC. I can solder okay, so I'll fab one up...
              I hate that motorcycle they make me ride. I'm here to tell you, there ain't nothing in the world I hate more than that elephant under my ass.

-Officer John Wintergreen-
              ElectraGlide in Blue, 1973

Comment

Aha! Serves me right for posting at the end of a long work day. Thanks for catching that, FLTRI.

Comment

Aha! Serves me right for posting at the end of a long work day. Thanks for catching that, FLTRI.
                  No worries. I didn't want a bunch of folks clicking on Buy It Now, and finding out it wouldn't work. However, for those that don't want to make their own, that seller will do the work for you. Contact him through the eBay system, and he'll fab one up...
                  I hate that motorcycle they make me ride. I'm here to tell you, there ain't nothing in the world I hate more than that elephant under my ass.

Comment

Finally made my way over here from RCG. Can't wait for my Silver P-38!!!

Comment

Welcome, CubCrazy! This will be a fun month of answering questions, posting pictures and videos, speculating, critiquing, planning, dreaming, and otherwise chomping at the bit for our P-38s to arrive! We were pleased to have kept the aircraft's existence under wraps for so long, until it was actually in production instead of months and months ahead of any real ship date. Minimizing the wait time is key!

Comment

I just contacted the eBay seller, Backbayrc-com, and asked about fabricating the EC5 to two T connectors. I'm pretty sure this seller is doing his own cable and connector fabrication. Hopefully, this will be an easy source for all of us to get these connectors, if you don't want to get out the soldering iron. Alpha, may be a source for Motion to get them at a decent price as well, and be able to sell them through your site. Cut and Paste of the message I sent him:

Hi Chris,

I guessing you are fabricating your battery to ESC cables yourself, right? If so, I need one built, that I don't see in your store. I need an EC5 (battery side) to two Deans, or "T" connectors (ESC sides). This is for a newly released P-38 Lightning sold by Motion RC. It has two 60 amp ESC's, one for each motor, is powered by one 5000mAh 4S 60C battery. The battery is EC5 and each of the two ESC's has a Deans, or "T" connector. 

Here's a link to the plane

http://www.motionrc.com/flightlinerc-p-38l-lightning-pacific-silver-1600mm-63-wingspan-pnp/#description

As an aside, there is a great deal of interest in this release, and you could probably sell a boat load of these connectors. If you can build one, I'd suggest you do a run of them and post a listing. They'd probably sell pretty fast. 

Let me know, and if you can do a new listing, I'll point the others that are interested in this plane to your auction.

Thanks
                        Dan

Comment

Welcome, CubCrazy! This will be a fun month of answering questions, posting pictures and videos, speculating, critiquing, planning, dreaming, and otherwise chomping at the bit for our P-38s to arrive! We were pleased to have kept the aircraft's existence under wraps for so long, until it was actually in production instead of months and months ahead of any real ship date. Minimizing the wait time is key!
                          A bit off topic, but am I unable to load more info to my Profile because I am so new? I dont see where it allows me to make a Profile pic.

Comment

Hey FLTRI, good idea, this past weekend we emailed out to a couple online retailers to see about a lower MOQ volume order. We'll see what they say.

Comment

Originally posted by CubCrazy
                              A bit off topic, but am I unable to load more info to my Profile because I am so new?  I dont see where it allows me to make a Profile pic.
                              Hey CubCrazy/Shirty and others new to the board...Welcome!

To edit your profile pic click on the User CP link toward the top left of the forum which will take you to the User Control Panel.

From there, on the left side under Your Profile click Change Avatar.  You can select an image from your computer or a URL (an image online somewhere already).  The image can be up to 150 pixels both wide and tall and has to be under 75K.  

Hope that helps!
                              My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC
                                Originally posted by CubCrazy
                                A bit off topic, but am I unable to load more info to my Profile because I am so new?  I dont see where it allows me to make a Profile pic.
                                Hey CubCrazy/Shirty and others new to the board...Welcome!

To edit your profile pic click on the User CP link toward the top left of the forum which will take you to the User Control Panel.

From there, on the left side under Your Profile click Change Avatar.  You can select an image from your computer or a URL (an image online somewhere already).  The image can be up to 150 pixels both wide and tall and has to be under 75K.  

Hope that helps!
                                Thanks Aros, I've got the hang of it now.

-CC

Comment

Hello CubCrazy,
                                  Welcome to the Squawk. Like your avatar. Reminds me of my look 20 years ago. I'm the only one in my club with full sleeve ink and a headband but they still re-elected me as VP anyways.... HA
                                  Warbird Charlie
                                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Glad to hear!  

I am thinking about adding rivet detail to this bird...There's a guy named Chad Veich who makes any rivet style, type and size in decal sheets that are easy to apply.

I found this post from him in another RC forum:

I offer laser cut vinyl rivets, screw heads, and Dzus fasteners. I can make the rivets in any diameter from 1/32" on up and with any spacing between rivets that you need. Double rows, staggered rows, circular pattern rivets, etc. are all no problem. For builders who are painting their models I generally make them from burnished chrome vinyl which allows for realistic weathering. If you would like to add them to a finished model, either painted or with some iron on type of finish, then I can make them in a nearly endless variety of colors. If you have questions or would like more information please contact me at the email address below.

Much appreciated!

Chad Veich
                                    cwveich@cwvmodels.com

http://www.cwvmodels.com/
                                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Here's a sample of them on my Legend Models P-38...
                                      Attached Files
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Originally posted by FLTRI
                                        I just contacted the eBay seller, Backbayrc-com, and asked about fabricating the EC5 to two T connectors. I'm pretty sure this seller is doing his own cable and connector fabrication. Hopefully, this will be an easy source for all of us to get these connectors, if you don't want to get out the soldering iron. Alpha, may be a source for Motion to get them at a decent price as well, and be able to sell them through your site. Cut and Paste of the message I sent him:

Hi Chris,

I guessing you are fabricating your battery to ESC cables yourself, right? If so, I need one built, that I don't see in your store. I need an EC5 (battery side) to two Deans, or "T" connectors (ESC sides). This is for a newly released P-38 Lightning sold by Motion RC. It has two 60 amp ESC's, one for each motor, is powered by one 5000mAh 4S 60C battery. The battery is EC5 and each of the two ESC's has a Deans, or "T" connector. 

Here's a link to the plane

http://www.motionrc.com/flightlinerc-p-38l-lightning-pacific-silver-1600mm-63-wingspan-pnp/#description

As an aside, there is a great deal of interest in this release, and you could probably sell a boat load of these connectors. If you can build one, I'd suggest you do a run of them and post a listing. They'd probably sell pretty fast. 

Let me know, and if you can do a new listing, I'll point the others that are interested in this plane to your auction.

Thanks
                                        Dan
                                        I've used Chris at BackBay many times in the past three years. His service is crazy good. Two weeks ago I ordered some connectors on a Sunday and within a couple of hours he had created the shipment. A terrific Ebay seller...
                                        [hr]
                                        Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC
                                        Here's a sample of them on my Legend Models P-38...
                                        That's beautiful Todd! It really adds to the detail....  :)
                                        Lauren

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56
                                          Hey guys,I had to find an adapter to put my 4000 6s in the
                                          Pitts, maybe this page might help, check it out
                                          http://giantpowerlipos.myshopify.com/collections/all/lipo-adapters
                                          Hopefully this helps, it might have to be a combination, but I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Grossman56
                                          Perfect Grossman56!!!! I checked out the website and ordered no-wire connectors going both ways from EC3's to Dean's. I was going to make my own or change connectors on the batteries because I started electrics with EC3 connectors and now there are so many Dean's that I am constantly changing plugs. Now these adapters take the work out of it all.................thanks again!
                                          Andy

Comment

Working...
                                          X