Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: Official Announcement: FlightLine 1600mm P-38 Lightning!!!

Hey not a problem, I was going through the same thing, I really didn't want to change the ends as I'm thinking of the F86 which has EC5's, these things save me from having to buy three or four batteries just for that plane. 
    Now I can use them in the Pitts and the F86 when I get it.

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

Hey aros. G'day mate, how's things? All this time I had no idea you worked at motion. Glad to see your legend models p38 is still going strong mate, simply a beautiful, beautiful bird.

This one looks good, starting reading the thread from the start and judging by the pics, I'll need to get me a silver one! Hopefully RC castle will stock it. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC
        Hi Roys001, welcome to the Forum! To answer your question, the silver is easy for me to see against any sky. In darker skies the aircraft takes on a darker blue color and its silhouette is very prominent, and in full sun the silver glints at certain angles. It's a neat effect when banking towards the sun into a slow roll. The sunspot will move from wingtip to wingtip. The green is probably easier to orient in full sun, because the green top and gray bottom are more clearly differentiated. If I had to recommend only one for someone concerned about visibility, it would be the Allied Green.
        Thank you for the info on the difference with the two colors. I'm leaning toward Allied Green. I want to put the Black & White VE strips on it. Is it best to do that with tape or should I paint them on? If I paint them I'm worried that masking them off will peel off paint I want to keep. I'm sure this group has a good solution.

Comment

I'm noticing that this new paint is more durable than usual. I masked some areas with low tack 3M Fine Line blue painter's masking tape on both Allied Green and Pacific Silver, and the paint didn't lift up. If you want to be extra cautious, just dab the tape on your pants once or twice to lower the tack even further. I like the Allied Green as a candidate for invasion stripes because of the strong contrast against the green and light gray.
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

OK Motion you got me. I swore off pre-orders but this one has nagged hard at me since the announcement. I just placed my order for the Olive Drab. Now can we get a nice size A-10?

Mike
            \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

I'm noticing that this new paint is more durable than usual. I masked some areas with low tack 3M Fine Line blue painter's masking tape on both Allied Green and Pacific Silver, and the paint didn't lift up. If you want to be extra cautious, just dab the tape on your pants once or twice to lower the tack even further. I like the Allied Green as a candidate for invasion stripes because of the strong contrast against the green and light gray.
              Sounds like a plan. The avert mentions a high power version with engines, 2 bladed props, and spinners. Is that an option we can select now?. I have the P-39 and it's just a completely different airplane with the 2 bladed prop. I'm thinking this would be the better setup for the P-38 as well.
              Maybe you have experience with the plane and can give us some insight?

Comment

The stock scale three bladed power system gives the aircraft sufficient power to fly 4+ consecutive 200 foot loops, and has straight up vertical power to 400 feet. ;)  Personally I don't think the P-38 needs the two bladed High Power System, but, all Flightline aircraft will have a two bladed High Power System option since we know how a certain proportion of pilots want to have a drop in two blade setup without the need to experiment or cut anything or modify an aftermarket spinner to fit. We'll be adding the HPS to the Upgrade section for each plane soon. Here's a photo of what for example the silver P-38's HPS looks like:
                Attached Files

Comment

It goes to eleven - Spinal tap

Comment

The stock scale three bladed power system gives the aircraft sufficient power to fly 4+ consecutive 200 foot loops, and has straight up vertical power to 400 feet. ;)  Personally I don't think the P-38 needs the two bladed High Power System, but, all Flightline aircraft will have a two bladed High Power System option since we know how a certain proportion of pilots want to have a drop in two blade setup without the need to experiment or cut anything or modify an aftermarket spinner to fit. We'll be adding the HPS to the Upgrade section for each plane soon. Here's a photo of what for example the silver P-38's HPS looks like:
                    Cool to have the option though, nice one. ;)

Comment

Yes, like the HPS setups for Freewing's 80mm and 80mm jets, it made sense to offer something similar for Flightline's aircraft, for those who wanted the option. I grew tired of chopping up Dubro spinners to adapt to my planes, and they never quite fit the cowl diameter or the original spinner shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirty
                        Hey aros. G'day mate, how's things? All this time I had no idea you worked at motion. Glad to see your legend models p38 is still going strong mate, simply a beautiful, beautiful bird.

This one looks good, starting reading the thread from the start and judging by the pics, I'll need to get me a silver one! Hopefully RC castle will stock it. :)

Good to see ya Shirty!  Everything's going great!  Yep been with Motion RC full time now for nearly 3 years...Couldn't be happier!  (Well okay, winning Powerball might increase the happy factor, lol)...Thanks on the LM...This is the time of year were I am more likely indoors putting rivets on my warbird as the rain and wind has its way outdoors.  

:)

Yep I am really excited for this FlightLine P-38.  I think it's really going to hit on most aspects we've all been waiting for in a foam version.
                        My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

When will there be a video of the planes? With the F-14 there was a video before it was delivered. Come on Alpha, play nice.

Comment

Very, very, very soon roys001. In fact, I wouldn't blink much within the next 24 hours or so. ;)
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

I'love add my voice to the folks who are clamoring for a video of the P-38. I can't wait to see what the MotionRC people's have up their sleeve this time?!

I am excited to mention that I am working with the AMA's Model Aviation Magazine to do an Exclusive review of this wayyyy exciting FlightLineRC model! And this refreshingly new forum-based Hobby Squawk site seems the perfect place to share a stray photo or three as I dive headlong into the project. The review should appear in the magazine about the same time that MRC receives inventory and starts shipping preorders. If everything goes swimmingly!

2016 is off to a great start for warbird enthusiasts, thanks to MotionRC.

Comment

Awesome Bajora, we are so happy to have you here and we can't wait for your review!
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Hey Alpha,
                                  I've found that to be typical with Freewing Products.  When I repainted my F/W P 51 and had to tape over the original paint, I used the Delicate Frog Tape and never peeled any paint.  I'd sure like to know what they do to achieve that!

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56
                                    Hey Alpha,
                                    I've found that to be typical with Freewing Products.  When I repainted my F/W P 51 and had to tape over the original paint, I used the Delicate Frog Tape and never peeled any paint.  I'd sure like to know what they do to achieve that!

Grossman56
                                    GMan, does it still leave a clean line?
                                    Lauren

Comment

Yes, it looks great Lauren, My invasion stripes turned out fine.

This was on the first set of wings, but it was the same on the second.  I had to move the  top black stripe over to match the lower black stripe, but no trouble there.  The Silver paint you recommended was great.

Grossman56
                                      Attached Files
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

Hello Gman,
                                        How about reminding us so that I don't have to try and search for what the brand is of the silver paint Lauren recommended.
                                        Thanx,
                                        Warbird Charlie
                                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56
                                          Yes, it looks great Lauren, My invasion stripes turned out fine.

This was on the first set of wings, but it was the same on the second.  I had to move the  top black stripe over to match the lower black stripe, but no trouble there.  The Silver paint you recommended was great.

Grossman56
                                          Boy that looks great! Thanks GMan! Gonna have to try that tape out!
                                          [hr]
                                          Originally posted by OV10
                                          Hello Gman,
                                          How about reminding us so that I don't have to try and search for what the brand is of the silver paint Lauren recommended.
                                          Thanx,
                                          Hey Charlie! This is the stuff :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001B2SHG0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_ detailpage
                                          Lauren

Comment

Working...
                                          X