• Brodak has them.
    https://brodak.com/control-line-part...rt-wheels.html

Or straight from Robart.
    https://robart.com/products/scale-diamond-tread-wheel

Comment

• Cool beans 😎

Thank you!!

Comment

• Just picked up a Fl P-38 1600 Allied Green from an estate sale. In good shape but the outer wings were removed for storage. Unfortunately, the Ail, Flap and light tags were removed from the main wing leads and the manual doesn't indicate what gets connected to what. Anyone have a diagram, photo, description of the wiring connections between the right and left outer wings and the middle wing section? Thanks to anyone who replies.

Comment

• Are you talking about from the outer wing side, or fuselage side? If it's the outer wing can just run a servo tester and tag what one goes where, on the plane side I would just slide the wing on part way and plug in the leads in until they are correct and tag them. I'm assuming this is a pre single connection version.

Comment

• Thanks. Yes, no single connection. 4 connectors on left outer and main and 3 on right outer and main wings

Comment

• Gotcha the reason for the 4 on the left is the landing light. And as I was saying the best way to test them is a servo tester. As for the lights (two wire leads) just plug those in and cycle the gear, if the light goes out when the gear is up that is the landing light lead.

Comment

• As for a diagram that is an impossibility as those wires are loose and covered so there isn't a clear way to know without the tags what goes where until after you plug in and the aileron goes to hopefully natural or full deflection. If it is full deflection than you have it plugged into the flap channel.

Comment

• Although I don't have a servo tester, I set up the plane on my TX, fit the outer wings on loosely, guessed, plugged stuff in and powered up. Got lucky on right wing and all worked as it should. Left wing ail and flaps were good but had to exchange light plugs. Now a little decal work and she'll be good to go. Thanks for your help.

Comment

• Excellent! Glad she's ready to go!

Comment

• Gentlemen meet Bone-Yard Betty

Last season I had a elevator failure and yes it was ugly. I had to repair both wing roots. Both the LH and RH booms at the weak points at the aft end of the MLG. I basically did external doublers with flat carbon fiber strips and then covered that with thick plastic (minus rivets...lol)
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Saltydawg View Post

Last season I had a elevator failure and yes it was ugly.
                        Looks great! If your crash by was servo related, I found the MKS HV69 is a perfect fit….more robust servo. MRC sells them, too.

-GG

Comment

• Whoa! BIG difference. I see that the prop hub design has been improved. See the difference (photo).

Replacing one that cracked and was installed 10/2020.

The new design is a welcome improvement!

-GG

Click image for larger version  Name:	B8089A52-54FC-4695-B9E6-2132DFE04C94.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	68.4 KB ID:	315380

Comment

• The hub upgrade looks to follow the design of the 1600 Spitty spinner
                            Too bad that they (MRC) aren't a little more proactive in notifying the customer base via the product pages of these important upgrades.
                            Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider; FlightLine: OV-10, Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider; Freewing: A-6, P-51; VQ: P-39; Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco; ASM A-26; ESM F7F-3; LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                              Too bad that they (MRC) aren't a little more proactive in notifying the customer base via the product pages of these important upgrades.
                              That's usually because we are never told by the manufacturer when they make these changes. We have no way of knowing until a customer mentions it to our CS staff.

My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZ..._bdGEJBmtV7YUw

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post

That's usually because we are never told by the manufacturer when they make these changes. We have no way of knowing until a customer mentions it to our CS staff.
                                Looks like management should get Alpha in on that action for incorporating things like that into your supplier/vendor contract.
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider; FlightLine: OV-10, Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider; Freewing: A-6, P-51; VQ: P-39; Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco; ASM A-26; ESM F7F-3; LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150

Comment

• Agreed!
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZ..._bdGEJBmtV7YUw

Comment

Working...
                                  X