Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: Official Announcement: FlightLine 1600mm P-38 Lightning!!!

Whoo hoo! It's payday and I couldn't help myself. I didn't want to miss out and have them all be reserved in a week or two so I pre-ordered the Allied Green with two Admiral 4S 3000 mAh Li-Pos. Can't wait to get it!!
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by mr.frankenjet
      On a twin is 1 bec then used or are both active/connected ? In addition what is the on board bec rated at, switching ??
      (sorry just thinking here,no plane to mess with yet :o) thanks in advance for your help yet again)  :D
      Each ESC is connected to a Y connector and the single output from the Y connector is plugged into the receiver. The center wire from the ESC to the receiver is the power wire from the BEC. We only want power from one ESC. In our latest testing sample, the middle wire was removed from one of the ESC output leads which would normally plug into the receiver (plugs into the Y connector in this case). This way only one BEC in only one of the ESC is providing power to the servos and receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC
        Whoo hoo!  It's payday and I couldn't help myself.  I didn't want to miss out and have them all be reserved in a week or two so I pre-ordered the Allied Green with two Admiral 4S 3000 mAh Li-Pos.  Can't wait to get it!!
        Nice! The force is strong with this one. I may have to do the same. Insert Paula Cole song..."I don't wanna wait"

Comment

I'll be tempted to paint invasion stripes on her but I'll hold off and just enjoy the nice clean OD livery for a while. Is it March yet? ;)
          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC
            Originally posted by mr.frankenjet
            On a twin is 1 bec then used or are both active/connected ? In addition what is the on board bec rated at, switching ??
            (sorry just thinking here,no plane to mess with yet :o) thanks in advance for your help yet again)  :D
            Each ESC is connected to a Y connector and the single output from the Y connector is plugged into the receiver. The center wire from the ESC to the receiver is the power wire from the BEC. We only want power from one ESC. In our latest testing sample, the middle wire was removed from one of the ESC output leads which would normally plug into the receiver (plugs into the Y connector in this case). This way only one BEC in only one of the ESC is providing power to the servos and receiver.
            Thanks Tom, I thought that was the case, really looking forward to this plane as I've been searching for a good one for so long. She looks SO sweet, well done. Love to see some video :D :cool:
            [hr]
            Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC
            I'll be tempted to paint invasion stripes on her but I'll hold off and just enjoy the nice clean OD livery for a while.  Is it March yet?  ;)
            I here ya, might make it easier to see, silver planes only come out with me when it's sunny :D
            rc flyin addict

Comment

Tony, Evelyn, and Cory flew the FlightLine 1600mm P-38 today with me. We filmed Tony and I flying the Freewing F-14 and the FlightLine P-38 in a 'heritage flight' formation', and also nabbed some video of the P-38 in loose formation with an LX B-25 and Eflite P-51. All three of these aircraft are nearly the same scale (~1:10), so it was especially neat to see them fly together and get a sense of their size relation to each other.

I wish videos would edit and post themselves. Stay tuned, ladies and gentlemen!
              Attached Files
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Nice indeed. Standing by, to stand by...
                  I hate that motorcycle they make me ride. I'm here to tell you, there ain't nothing in the world I hate more than that elephant under my ass.

-Officer John Wintergreen-
                  ElectraGlide in Blue, 1973

Comment

Very nice flightline.....
                    FMS: PT-17, Waco, B-25, P-40, P-47, J-3
                    DF: P-51D, Spitfire, geebee, Skyraider
                    Dynam: Grand Cruiser, A-10
                    J-pwr P-38, FZ Beaver + too many more

Comment

I just got back from my flying field. I sure hope you have a full shipping container of these on the way! This P-38 was all the guys were talking about.  Even me crashing into the fence twice didn't change the conversation!

Comment

We have quite a lot on the way but at the current rate they'll still sell out sooner than anticipated. Hopefully a supplemental shipment will help feed the line!

Comment

alright alright alright...ok..you happy now..just ordered the green one ..couldnt help it..after seeing it next to the B-25,which I have ...I just went into overload. .. is it March yet lol ?
                          www.TSHobbies.com
                          Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

The LX B25 price is $600 plus if I remember right and availability is near impossible. Motion ever thinking of picking it up?
                            As for the P 38.  Outstanding!
                            I'm waiting to see a build video on this one.  What is the wingspan with the outer wings removed?
                            What is the height of the plane?
                            All things I have to take into consideration when loading it into the pick up truck.
                            Also, what is the divorce rate?(LOL!)
                            Man, the price is certainly right on this one I'll give you that, so now I'm torn as to where I want to go from here.  I'm not a huge fan of the P38, which is to say that I like the bird but the P51 gets me to a cellular level, still, as an R/C bird, this one will definitely turn heads because of its uniqueness.  The other thing that concerns me is that we don't have a great paved runway and the other one is rolled dirt.  I don't think, from what I've read, that it would be a problem, but I don't want to find out the hard way.
                            The other thing that may be overlooked is that we now have another great manufacturer, albeit a subsidiary of Freewing, to watch for more exciting aircraft to come.
                            Freewing A/C are really great planes from what I've seen with my three and fairly priced, but it seems that F/W is swinging more towards jets, so I'm seeing FlightLine as being the more historic prop driven aircraft.
                            As I mentioned before, with it being the 70th anniversary of the Blue Angels this year, I was hoping to find an F8F Bearcat come out commemorating their first demonstration airplane, maybe FlightLine could do that.
                            Any maybe, they could come up with a B25 at a reasonable price to compete with the LX model.

Hmmm, things are looking great for us!!!

Grossman56 
                            Team Gross!

Comment

Lovely plane. I think this model was also used in movie "Flight of the Phoenix". Am i wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn
                                Lovely plane. I think this model was also used in movie "Flight of the Phoenix". Am i wrong?
                                I believe the plane in the 2004 remake movie was a C-82. But you're right in that the overall shape is similar to the P-38, just a pudgier version. Central nacelle, twin engine, twin booms.

Comment

We've had a couple calls today asking how the 1600mm FlightLine P-38's wing disassembles. Here's a picture showing the breakdown after the wings are removed, a process which takes about two minutes. The main fuselage section is 25" wide with the wings detached, and sits on all three wheels.

The wing attachment design is a proven design taken from Freewing's 90mm jets. Simply loosen the two screws on either outer wing, slide the wing a couple inches out and disconnect the wire connections, then slide the wing completely out. The wing attachment points are plastic and distribute the load across a wide area. In addition, the screw studs have a metal threaded insert, into which the machine screws thread. We didn't want the outer wings to be fastened with self-tapping screws directly into the plastic, and so we opted instead to use the metal threaded inserts and machine screws since these are much more durable over repeated removing of the wings.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

NICE! A very clean, easy to maintain method for transport. Well done.
                                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

I like that idea alot ! (threaded inserts) I was also wondering about this...tks Alpha
                                      FMS: PT-17, Waco, B-25, P-40, P-47, J-3
                                      DF: P-51D, Spitfire, geebee, Skyraider
                                      Dynam: Grand Cruiser, A-10
                                      J-pwr P-38, FZ Beaver + too many more

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC
                                        As Tom mentioned on RCGroups, these three aircraft are just the beginning for FlightLine!
                                        Maybe Flightline will be the first and bring out the 1400 mm Spittie everyone has been hollering for.
                                        :D :D :D

Comment

Originally posted by richie1893
                                          Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC
                                          As Tom mentioned on RCGroups, these three aircraft are just the beginning for FlightLine!
                                          Maybe Flightline will be the first and bring out the 1400 mm Spittie everyone has been hollering for.
                                          :D  :D  :D
                                          Gotta be an early mk. 9 or earlier with the early canopy. 

Comment

Working...
                                          X