Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: Official Announcement: FlightLine 1600mm P-38 Lightning!!!

Well my wife got me the Pandora for Christmas and I just got the red and white Waco to go with the yellow Waco I have and along comes that beautiful P-38 what's a guy to do? I'm not a fan of divorce or bankruptcy but what the heh you only live once, Ha! Ha!. So many planes so little time!

Roy B.

Comment

How about a Spitfire Mark IIa like the Battle of Britain era.  They also flew the Vb in the BOB the first Spit with cannons.  Clipped and Clapped version??
      So many ways to go, but definitely the razor back version.

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by boomer108
        Well my wife got me the Pandora for Christmas and I just got the red and white Waco to go with the yellow Waco I have and along comes that beautiful P-38 what's a guy to do? I'm not a fan of divorce or bankruptcy but what the heh you only live once, Ha! Ha!. So many planes so little time!

Roy B.
        Yeah... That P-38 is a "got to have". Problem is, you've "got to have" money! Unless you're just crazy about the white on that Waco, You might consider painting the white parts yellow. Talk about airshow colors! Doc

Comment

Looks good...following this one closely
          Brandon Moon

Comment

Originally posted by doctormike

Roy B.
            Yeah... That P-38 is a "got to have". Problem is, you've "got to have" money! Unless you're just crazy about the white on that Waco, You might consider painting the white parts yellow. Talk about airshow colors! Doc
            Hey Doc!

I put clear gloss minwax on it I haven't found the Varathane yet, but the red and white really pops. It will look good next to my yellow Waco that I did in clear gloss.

Roy B.

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56
              How about a Spitfire Mark IIa like the Battle of Britain era.  They also flew the Vb in the BOB the first Spit with cannons.  Clipped and Clapped version??

Grossman56
              Razorback Spitfire?

Comment

Good to see you Brandon! Wondering what kind of cool mods you would do to this one. :)
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by richie1893
                  Originally posted by Grossman56

Grossman56
                  Razorback Spitfire?
                  for lack of a better phrase. The stock classic Spitfire as opposed to the later bubble canopy versions.
                  [hr]
                  Originally posted by doctormike

Roy B.
                  Hey Doc!

I put clear gloss minwax on it I haven't found the Varathane yet, but the red and white really pops. It will look good next to my yellow Waco that I did in clear gloss.

Roy B.
                  I have the red/white version as well.  I gave all the white surfaces a coat of white latex after the Minwax. does a great job of hiding the foam beads.
                  Then coat again with Minwax or Varathane.  Doc's right about the Varathane, it is a better finish with a UV protectant as well.

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

Alpha,

I pre-ordered this plane and was taking stock of my batteries. I have some Admiral 4S 2500mah batteries but they are only 30C, will they work?

Thanks,
                    Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ
                      Originally posted by richie1893
                      Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC
                      As Tom mentioned on RCGroups, these three aircraft are just the beginning for FlightLine!
                      Maybe Flightline will be the first and bring out the 1400 mm Spittie everyone has been hollering for.
                      :D  :D  :D
                      Gotta be an early mk. 9 or earlier with the early canopy. 
                      If they are doing more?...I hope they do this one. I would love to see a nicely done P-61 with options for Green or black like they've done with this P-38
                      Attached Files
                      Brandon Moon

Comment

Hi Andy,
                        Your 2500mAh 30Cs are on the lower limit of what I'd recommend but they should work fine. Manage your throttle and keep your maiden flight timer to 3 minutes, then land and check the batteries. Cruising around won't punish your batteries but sustained full throttle may, depending on the age of your packs, their internal resistance, etc.
                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I try to remain impartial but I must say the "Allied Green" P-38 looks fantastic. Here are a few screen captures from the Assembly Video we're editing at the moment.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here's some pictures of the Glacier Girl P38 I took a few years ago...she's the main reason I ordered one of these.

http://tired-iron.mounet.com/gg.htm
                            TiredIron Aviation
                            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Looks like I made the right "Allied Green" decision.

Thanks for the heads up Alpha!

Jody

Comment

Pretty impressive in green

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneCrazy
                                  I pre-ordered this plane and was taking stock of my batteries. I have some Admiral 4S 2500mah batteries but they are only 30C, will they work?
                                  Hi Andy, yes those batteries will work. I have found higher C rating to be more crucial on EDF jets and not as much with these prop-driven warbirds.
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

This bird in OD looks absolutely fantastic (and not too shabby in the silver I might add)!

I really LOVE how FW painted the gear doors and gear bays in the Green Zinc Chromate color. Saves me a lot of masking and painting. :)
                                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Awesome! Im glad I went with the Green..one thing I do notice is the panel lines arent overly deep and wide..I appreciate that!

and ditto on the P-61 !! Please please!!
                                      www.TSHobbies.com
                                      Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

TSHobbies, I'm glad you noticed! On all three Flightline planes, the P-38, La-7, and Sea Fury, we made a conscious effort to minimize panel lines. In most areas they are narrower than 1.0mm. Due to tool angle they can't always be this narrow, but suffice to say in all areas the panel lines are as thin and as shallow as we could make them.

Comment

• RE: Official Announcement: FlightLine 1600mm P-38 Lightning!!!

green looking good, I hope the silver has the same smooth look to the finish, keeping my chips on pacific. Any update on the video :D
                                          rc flyin addict

Comment

Working...
                                          X