Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: Official Announcement: FlightLine 1600mm P-38 Lightning!!!

For the times that I have lost a plane, I bank her over in a turn and let her circle, sooner or later (preferably sooner) she shows herself.  It's probably less than a couple of seconds but its sure boosts the pucker factor!!!

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

I have a silver Mustang. I've never had any issues seeing it, but we have very few cloudy days in Las Vegas. As mentioned, the sun glinting off the wings in a bank always brings a smile to my face.

I fly in a detention basin, mostly. My OD Green planes kinda disappear once I drop below the rim of the basin, making landing a challenge sometimes. The Mustang is much easier to see and keep orientation on approach...
      I hate that motorcycle they make me ride. I'm here to tell you, there ain't nothing in the world I hate more than that elephant under my ass.

-Officer John Wintergreen-
      ElectraGlide in Blue, 1973

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56
        Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ
        I like the Dave Brown tires because they are very light and really absorb the shock well. My one con against them is that it matters how you store the plane. Any plane I use Dave Brown tires on must hang rather than sit on the ground. The tires are so soft that they will develop quite a flat spot if left sitting.

[hr]
        I'm loving the angle of the struts with the 4mm shim for 3" tires. Looks good.
        I hear you Ryan, reminds me of the old days when we drove on nylon tires, especially in the winter, took a mile to warm them up and get them round again.
        I've found that with my planes as well, I go down and move them every once in a while just to ease that very problem.
        What we need is a good set of radial tires!!

Grossman56
        I saw a pair of 3" Robarts on ebay. They have the moon caps or mags. Set comes with the option. I've seen video of some Allied green with those moon caps, I call em'. Looks good.

I'm so excited about these Flightline Models!

Comment

Speaking of Scale, Bobcat II's nose cone was silver. The full production aircraft being delivered to us all have a silver painted nose cone. My production sample did not. No one picked up on it yet, but I know it should be silver so a few minutes ago I masked the nose and sprayed silver plate onto it. It's a little too "chrome" for accuracy's sake. The model you all receive will be the more accurate aluminum/silver color. But regardless of the sheen, the silver nose ties everything together. Notice that the nose cone is plastic to keep its shape during transport. A crushed nose is no fun.

We'll also be producing a "Detailer's Guide" type of video for Flightline planes, showing pilots what a few extra minutes of customization here and there can do to your Flightline aircraft. I'll be weathering the superchargers, drilling the gun barrels and weathering them also, painting the gear struts and radio boxes, etc. Maybe even radio aerials?  Flightline already airbrushed the superchargers in two tones, which is a nice touch out of the box.

While I use an airbrush, most of these weathering effects can easily be done with dry chalk, charcoal, and simple diluted washes, so it's accessible to anyone with a few dollars and few minutes of time. A little goes a long way.
          Attached Files
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Hey everyone!

The perfect tires for this plane are the Dubro Diamond Lite tires. They come in 2 1/2, 2 3/4, and 3 inch size. The diamond tread is scale WW II. Also Robart carries scale diamond tread tires with optional spoke or smooth rim covers,but they only come in 3 inch size. They can be found on Tower Hobby web site.

Roy B.

Comment

We'll be carrying a variety of 2.75" wheels, including the Dubro Diamond Lites.

Comment

Oh jeez.... This is a must at some point this year! Beoooootiful!
                Lauren

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC
                  We'll be carrying a variety of 2.75" wheels, including the Dubro Diamond Lites.
                  That's why you guys are the best. I hate shopping anywhere else.

Roy B.

Comment

Alpha I'm so impressed! She looks so good...and I'm really liking the wheel change. This is a small detail, but such an important one - BRAVO for using wheel collars...those pesky C Clips are such a pain and everybody in the foam warbird business is using them...great to see you guys change that!
                    Big time propeller head
                    Love flying scale and 3D
                    Currently building a GP SE5A

Comment

I call them cya clips ! ... Alpha, you guys are making it very difficult. I guess that eventually both will be in my hangar...been making hangar space all this past week, selling off smaller warbirds....
                      FMS: PT-17, Waco, B-25, P-40, P-47, J-3
                      DF: P-51D, Spitfire, geebee, Skyraider
                      Dynam: Grand Cruiser, A-10
                      J-pwr P-38, FZ Beaver + too many more

Comment

That's a novel way to make hanger space. I usually bury my overstock with a smoking hole in the ground.

Comment

I have all of my planes stored on PVC racks....also running out of space.....I need to sell around 20 of my smaller planes all in flying operation as these larger 1400mm-1600mm planes are taking up more than their share!!

So I honestly don't have any room to store an Olive Drab 1600mm P-38 as the Silver one I ordered has no place to store yet either!!

TwistedGrin

Comment

no matter how crampted the hangar gets there is always room for 1 more :D
                            rc flyin addict

Comment

Originally posted by mr.frankenjet
                              no matter how crampted the hangar gets there is always room for 1 more :D
                              I've been saying that for the last 5 planes.

Comment

Shoot...I've been saying that for the last 45 planes and 20 years...and that's only the electric ones....lol :)
                                Brandon Moon

Comment

Yeah I'm somewhere around the last 30+ planes and 10 years myself. :D
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by [ATTACH=CONFIG
                                    n29625[/ATTACH] Alpha.MotionRC pid='15670' dateline='1453508382']Speaking of Scale, Bobcat II's nose cone was silver. The full production aircraft being delivered to us all have a silver painted nose cone. My production sample did not. No one picked up on it yet, but I know it should be silver so a few minutes ago I masked the nose and sprayed silver plate onto it. It's a little too "chrome" for accuracy's sake. The model you all receive will be the more accurate aluminum/silver color. But regardless of the sheen, the silver nose ties everything together. Notice that the nose cone is plastic to keep its shape during transport. A crushed nose is no fun.

We'll also be producing a "Detailer's Guide" type of video for Flightline planes, showing pilots what a few extra minutes of customization here and there can do to your Flightline aircraft. I'll be weathering the superchargers, drilling the gun barrels and weathering them also, painting the gear struts and radio boxes, etc. Maybe even radio aerials?  Flightline already airbrushed the superchargers in two tones, which is a nice touch out of the box.

While I use an airbrush, most of these weathering effects can easily be done with dry chalk, charcoal, and simple diluted washes, so it's accessible to anyone with a few dollars and few minutes of time. A little goes a long way.
                                    If you would like any help with that? I would be more than happy to lend a hand ;) . Just give me a call or shoot me an email, that sounds like a lot of fun ...."Detailer's Guide".
                                    [hr]
                                    Already have a new custom pilot figure painted up and ready to install :)
                                    Attached Files
                                    Brandon Moon

Comment

Great looking pilot. Aces of Iron, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC
                                        Great looking pilot. Aces of Iron, right?
                                        Yep :)
                                        Brandon Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Konrad
                                          That's a novel way to make hanger space. I usually bury my overstock with a smoking hole in the ground.
                                          Okay. You owe me a keyboard. I literally just shot beer out of my nose...

It is kind of fun though, walking to that smoking hole, and deciding what to salvage, right???
                                          I hate that motorcycle they make me ride. I'm here to tell you, there ain't nothing in the world I hate more than that elephant under my ass.

-Officer John Wintergreen-
                                          ElectraGlide in Blue, 1973

Comment

Working...
                                          X