Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some help, guys. I'm wiring up my P-38 and need a y-connector to connect the speed controls to the battery. I need a 2 female xt-60 to single male ec-3 or the connectors to make the setup. I asked Motion RC today and they were no help. Before now, they've answered every question, no matter how mundane.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevis82 View Post
      I need some help, guys. I'm wiring up my P-38 and need a y-connector to connect the speed controls to the battery. I need a 2 female xt-60 to single male ec-3 or the connectors to make the setup. I asked Motion RC today and they basically told me to go eff myself. I expected better after the thousands I've spent on their planes over the past 7 years. Before now, they've answered every question, no matter how mundane.
      I just made my own Y Harness. I don't see how this was or is a Motion problem.

Mike.
      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• This is the second time I've bought this model. The first died in a spectacular crash while demonstrating the "Down is up and up and expensive" thing. I've moved since then and can't locate the y-harness I used on that plane. When I ordered the kit before, there was a link on the page for the proper harness needed that's no longer there. Also, the speed controller connectors have changed from Dean's to XT-60. It was my hope that since the guys at MotionRC know more about this stuff than I'll ever know they'd direct me to something. So no, not their problem but maybe they could have helped. I've always had great service with MotionRC and plan to continue buying from them. Maybe a Gripen is up next.

Comment

• First if they were honestly rude as you say you should report that to Motion management.

I don't use these connectors so I may be wrong but doesn't XT and EC plug together in one direction? I think that this may work.

Edit, I think that the compatibility is the other way. I'll look some more.

https://www.amazon.com/Yiqigou-Conne...0436398&sr=8-9

If not there are a lot of choices on Amazon for adapters. Or as noted you could make one or ask someone with soldering skills to make one for you. Where are you located?

Comment

• Originally posted by stevis82 View Post
            This is the second time I've bought this model. The first died in a spectacular crash while demonstrating the "Down is up and up and expensive" thing. I've moved since then and can't locate the y-harness I used on that plane. When I ordered the kit before, there was a link on the page for the proper harness needed that's no longer there. Also, the speed controller connectors have changed from Dean's to XT-60. It was my hope that since the guys at MotionRC know more about this stuff than I'll ever know they'd direct me to something. So no, not their problem but maybe they could have helped. I've always had great service with MotionRC and plan to continue buying from them. Maybe a Gripen is up next.
            Been there done that.

Mike

Comment

• No, no one was rude. I edited my comment to get that part out. MotionRC is the best. Nothing has changed my opinion about that.

Comment

• Still, where are you located? I think I have the plugs to make one for you if you can't find one... I'd have to be sure of exactly what you want though.

This?

Click image for larger version  Name:	E466C865-798D-496B-BC71-C86CA2F32958.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	100.2 KB ID:	275272

Comment

• Does Anyone have the width measurement of the plane with the outer wing sections removed?

Comment

• Its about 24.5 inches.
                    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• The width=62 cm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Werner van der Zel (Brewster) View Post
                        The width=62 cm.
                        OK so I was off by 1/10 of an inch. I guess I am a total failure <sob>
                        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• I am deciding between the p-38, the 1600mm Corsair, or the 1600mm Spitfire. What would you guys say are the biggest differences in these planes are as far as how they fly?

Comment

• Dear Andrew,I,got all tree planes they all fly very wel but think about the taildraggers! they need good concentration when start also in landing,the p38 handles very nice to becouse there is a nose wheel
                            hope you will have lots of fine flights!!

Excuse for my bad English I live in Holland
                            Werner van der Zel

Comment

• First off the P-38 has 1 more motor, That alone makes it a great choice.

Mike

Comment

• Hi All!

Looking hard at the P38. Have an opportunity to purchase a 4 year old one for $275.00 with only 10 flights. It’s in really good shape. My question is, how much has changed with the plane in the 4 years it has been out? Trying to decide old vs new!
                                Thx!

Comment

• Who has tried using an adapter which paralleled the two T-connectors to a single EC5 connector with a 4s 5000mAh (which has an EC5 connector)?

Comment

• Originally posted by ewucrjo View Post
                                    Who has tried using an adapter which paralleled the two T-connectors to a single EC5 connector with a 4s 5000mAh (which has an EC5 connector)?
                                    A great many of us.... I’ve been running a single 4s 5300 since day one..

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

A great many of us.... I’ve been running a single 4s 5300 since day one..

Add me to the list of single 4S users.No issues at all.
                                      Mike

Comment

• Hey guys. I just maddened my p38. Overall it went well. It need a ton of up trim on the elevator, slightly more than half of the trim available on my radio. When setting the control rod length for the elevator, did you guys set the elevator to be flush with the outer parts of the horizontal stabilizer? I have my batteries as far back as they can go in the compartment.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndrewF View Post
                                          Hey guys. I just maddened my p38. Overall it went well. It need a ton of up trim on the elevator, slightly more than half of the trim available on my radio. When setting the control rod length for the elevator, did you guys set the elevator to be flush with the outer parts of the horizontal stabilizer? I have my batteries as far back as they can go in the compartment.
                                          Hello AndrewF
                                          Please follow the manuals direction regarding elevator neutral located on page 14 under "flight setting Instructions"...…………… 4mm upwards

This is because it was known from the get-go by the designers that the "appropriate" CG could not be obtained because of the metal spar on the center wing leading edge stopping any further aft battery placement to allow getting to a non nose heavy CG arrangement. Yeah it goes against all trim practices of neutral but it still flies okay ( inverted can be a buggar though)

Best regards,
                                          Warbird Charlie
                                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
                                          X