• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlie,
    That's exactly the info I needed.
    Thanks a bunch.
    Mark

Comment

Muckie - Your more than welcome and by the way welcome to the Squawk, there's a lot of good folks here that share a lot of good info.
      Best regards,
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post
        FlightLineRC Hawker Sea Fury Build vid, enjoy!

Ya know initially I wasn't real interested in this plane, no real reason why, just wasn't. After seeing the build video and how good this plane looks I'm now thinking I might need to get one so thanks for that Ryan, better save some money! :)

Comment

Will this Sea Fury take off in the same distance as the Dynam Hellcat? I'm a little cramped on take off space and my Hellcat takes flight in a relatively short distance. Any reason why the Sea Fury would take an extended amount of room to get flying? Looks like a great flyer, would love to add it to my hangar.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

All of the Dynam 1200mm (appx) warbird seriesaircraft using the same motor series (3515 vs 3520) have very similar performance.

Note that upgrading to the 3520 isn't all that hard for any of the 3515 equipped models...

Drop 4S in the 3515 models (which generally call for 3S) and they can keep up with the 3520 models which generally call for 4S.
            (So I fly them all on 4S)
            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Has anyone done a wheel mod on the FL Sea Fury to make it more grass friendly? Just curious if there is any room in the wheel well for a bigger wheel, such as there is on the FL Spit. I don't like to do much cutting on the wing in order to prevent any sacrifice to the integrity.

Comment

Hey guys,

Maidened my sea fury the other weekend.. Wind was about 9kts and a little gusty. The flight went well. Needed a fair bit of aileron trim to keep her from rolling right. Everything looks pretty straight..Not sure why. I added nose weight to get the CG spot on. It handles great and is a lot quicker than I expected. As per Ryans suggestion in the flight video I put a little bit of up elevator mixed in with the flap inputs to smooth out the aproaches after the maiden. Seemed to work out guess. After the maiden day I changed the wheels to some dubro low bouce wheels which I hoped would help the landings a little.

Last weekend i took her flying again. There was zero wind that morning. Thought I'd concentrate on getting the landings nailed so I went up and started doing touch and gos. I could not seem to get a landing right! I just kept nosing over again and again. So frustrating! Trashed to prop too. I seemed to get better results and less nose overs when I used no flap.

Has anyone else had nose over issues with the seafury? I thought I'd be fine since I fly off pavement.. Could the extra weight in the nose exacerbate the nose Overs? What I think might have contributed also is the new wheels rubbing (not by much!) on the gear struts causing a brake effect making nose overs very commonplace.. Fixed that now with a couple of washers.

Id be interested in people thoughts on this. Let's see what next weekend has in store. Hopefully no more nose overs!

Great plane. Just need to sort this out.

Cheers,
                HT

Comment

Mine noses over all the time too. Comes skidding in on the prop 9/10
                  AMA 1102566

Comment

Charlie flies his with great success, maybe he'll chime in....

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

Here's my thoughts..............
                      Don't know what these guys skill sets are but it does require you to be on your game and you gotta fly it in. This bird is really pitchy with full flaps on the ground. Probably 90% of my landings are done with half (15 degree) flaps.
                      I am almost simultaneously killing the flaps as the main wheels(no 3 pointers for me) touch down and I also have the elevator on high rate to give positive authority for keeping that tail down once the air speed is reduced.
                      It is nothing more than just a matter of putting these principles into practice.;)

Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_10257.png
Views:	316
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	75414 I fly the doors off mine and my lg had some major slop in them. I just ordered a new set today.
                        Attached Files
                        AMA 1102566

Comment

Anyone have chattering issues with the landing gear on there birds? Mine are all tight and brand new but they chatter so much while rolling at speed it begins to make it hop. Everything is free and moving fine. Also am have a issue with the hori stab fluttering. This bird is getting ready to be retired and its my second one.
                          AMA 1102566

Comment

was wondering ...can u run the 4 blad prop with the 880kv motor?

Comment

Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                              was wondering ...can u run the 4 blad prop with the 880kv motor?
                              You can ..................but the chances that you'll let the smoke out on the ESC and or bake the magnets in the motor are strong odds of happening.
                              You're 300kV increase from 580 stock to 880 Sport motor means nominal RPM's going from 8584 to 13024.
                              To the novice who knows nothing about power curves might see this as a WOW factor of being able to go almost twice as fast.
                              Sadly in the world of DC power curves, nothing is linear with regard to raising/lower the specs of both the motor and/or props(diameter, pitch & blade count)
                              To turn the stock 4 blade that much faster is going to require a lot more amperage and even if you doubled the ESC rating I serious doubt that the motor rating will handle it.
                              Unfortunately FL does not publish the specs for the motor. That's about the best advise I can give Ron.
                              Best regards,
                              Warbird Charlie

Comment

I have a question on setting up the radio for the Sea Fury, It's been awhile since I've done this and the manual isn't helpful. I'm trying to set the flap servos, they centered as soon as I plugged in the battery. I need them to be in an aft position (towards the flaps) so the pushrods will reach, otherwise they're too short. I'm using a Spectrum DX 8 (older version, not the newer one). I'm hoping I can find a way to so it through the radio, otherwise I'll have to tear foam up to physically move the arm on the servo.

The plane is great looking and would love to fly it this weekend. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

You can adjust that with the flap sub trim on a DX8 or in the flap setting if you have the correct wing configuration chosen.

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                    You can adjust that with the flap sub trim on a DX8 or in the flap setting if you have the correct wing configuration chosen.

Grossman56
                                    THANKS.... Brain Fart

Comment

Hey welcome to the club!
                                      Glad to help!

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

I'm new here......so be GENTLE

The attached pic is of the 2013 September Fury......I saw this after I bought the FL Sea Fury.....

Comment

So I am guessing I bought the last one in stock at MotionRC.....

Comment

Working...
                                          X