Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you

Comment

I’m still in the build phase, LOL actually haven’t started it yet with the see if Yuri I’m considering not gluing the wedding together just screwing it into the saddle this way if I have to change a servo the wires are more accessible etc. what’s the thought process has anybody had luck not glue in the wing together and flying in the air ship?

Comment

OK I just saw that I won’t use voice recognition anymore LOL

Comment

II went ahead and glued it

Comment

I HAD a Sea Fury as first into electrics. I looped like crazy and I lost it in a crash.. While repairing it, I discovered it had upthrust rather than downthrust. The local shop in Louisville, KY ultimately replaced the kit with an La-7. Since then have moved and the La-7 came with me but have not flown it. Had it outside in the sun and taxied it around. Flightline did not honor any requests for help and the LHS did. I am flying FMS currently. Found an older Twin Sky Mule and playing around with it. Done in Navy livery. Will maiden in June when new graphics by Callie arrive.

Comment

I HAD a Sea Fury as first entry into electrics. I looped like crazy and I lost it in a crash.. While repairing it, I discovered it had upthrust and left rather than downthrust and right. The local shop in Louisville, KY ( Scale Reproductions ) ultimately replaced the kit with an La-7. Since then we have relocated and the La-7 came with me but have not flown it. Had it outside in the sun and taxied it around. Flightline did not honor any requests for help and the LHS did. I am flying FMS currently. Found an older Twin Sky Mule and playing around with it. Done in Navy livery. Will maiden in June when new graphics by Callie arrive.
              No current plans to obtain another FlightLine Kit. Mine was WAY noseheavy too. However, the number of aircraft by Flightline and aircraft chosen is to admired.

Comment

Dear Alpha and Motion RC Marketing,

I have suggested in the past, that there is a strong market for an EPO true Giant Scale ARF's with a minimum of 1800mm wingspan. I realize that there might be production and shipping concerns that may hinder bringing such a product line to market, however from a consumer prospective both the Hanger 9 and Phoenix models have material and design issues that can be overcome within EPO format. I have two 1600mm Flightline Spits, and while in light wind conditions they are a dream to fly in, if you encounter say 8-10+ mph winds with dynamic thermals the spitfire is a handful to deal with just to get it safely back on the ground... In my view larger is always better as long as all other factors remain equal. An example, if Flightline were to scale-up the current Spitfire design to a wingspan of 2000mm the flight characteristics would exponentially improve in my humble opinion, and there would definitely be a market for an ARF in that size that could be assembled in a matter of hours...

Best Regards,

Jim M.

Comment

I might be a little crazy, but here goes my nano size plane in a 20+ mph wind. No stablization just raw pilot and plane. I also will post my small seawind plane flying the same day that also didnt need any electronic help.

Comment

As you can see the wind was strong enough to blown the chair down right away.

Comment

In addition to the Red Arrows I also saw a Sea Fury flying with a Lancaster and a Hurricane over Biggin Hill airfield on 8/18/2018. In the spirit of buying as much as I can while I still can, I'm ordering the Flighline RC Sea Fury this week and will post pix once I have her together. Unlike my guitar collection that I can hang on the walls of my family room, these planes take up a lot more space. I didn't think through the storage on these real well...I'll figure it out...

Sigh...

Comment

Build is done and she is ready to fly. Just need to fine tune the radio setup. It will be a while before I try to fly this one. I need to get a LOT more stick time under my belt.

Comment

I have a 4s 4000mah battery that weighs about 15 oz. and am still significantly tail heavy, needing over 3 ozs. of nose weight to hit the 80mm back from leading edge for CG. Is this consistent with what you guys have seen?

Comment

• Bill B.
                            Bill B. commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yes, please correct my title. Thanks.

What 1400 Seafury If your referring to the 1200 FL Seafury then your about in the right amount of nose lead required with a 4000mAh batt.
                          If it is a 1200, as a forum moderator I can delete your thread title and move your post to the more appropriate thread, the Official FlightLine RC 1200mm Sea Fury Thread
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Yeah, that was a typo. I realized that after I had posted. Appreciate your reply and will use the needed weight. Thanks.

Comment

They say you live once, but if you do it right, once is all you need. I decided to pull the trigger. And it’s here. 🤩

The Sport System is on its way too. 🤩🤩

Comment

Blaze0021 Good call, Blaze! The sport system transforms this bird to a fun race plane in scale markings.
                                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

This is such a cool airplane, it would be another one that would be worth looking into as a 1600 mm with a 6s system.

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

Is the Sea Fury a good first Warbird Im nuts on anything Royal Navy so this one really appeals to me

any advise would be great

Sea Harrier Man

Comment

The Flightline planes are pretty well designed but still a tail dragger war bird. How much experience do you have?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                        The Flightline planes are pretty well designed but still a tail dragger war bird. How much experience do you have?
                                        7 years flying model sport and scale helicopters, 4 years flying planes Current have apprentice, hobbyking navy cub and eflite Trojan

Comment

Working...
                                        X