Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The helos really help with your left thumb, you should be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
      The helos really help with your left thumb, you should be fine.
      Thanks any tips especially on landing on grass will be great appreciated.

Comment

• Remember it will torque when you give it throttle. Smooth application and steer with rudder (importance of left thumb). Other than that don’t horse it off before it has flying speed.

Comment

• do you guys beleave the 80mm cg is correct? the 4s 4000 does not hit the cg at 80 all the way forward..i think 2oz in the nose did the trick but it flys a bit nose heavy and it noses over on short grass every landing..strange as it rolls 10 feet or so looks good then nose over,,moved battery back a half in for second flight and it flew much better.. now i have taken 1 oz out of the nose and moved battery back up as far as it will go.. hope to keep working on the cg and make it stop the nose over on landing.. if all goes well i may start taking more weight out of the nose ... may have to buy another prop if this keeps up

Comment

• Yes, it is

Comment

• flew sunday with 3/4 oz out of the nose flew a bit nose heavy so took another 10g out and will see how that goes.. take offs now are a bit easyer and dont nose over every time landings are hit and miss on nose overs

Comment

• Took out 10 g more weight moved battery back 1/2 in from firewall. Still flew nose heavy. Moved battery back 1/4 in still flew nose heavy. Now battery is all the way back on the battery tray. It now flys great and got two landings and did not nose over.

Comment

• Hi,

Can anyone tell me how much Amps the high performance 880kv motor will pull? The standard goes up to 55Amps and I'm thinking of getting another ESC first.

Best regards, Sam

Comment

• just cant leave well enough alone going to take another 10g (= 1/3 oz out of nose) sense the battery is all they way back now..if this keeps up i may fly it with no nose weight at all,, currently cg at about 95mm and it flys great but still cant pass the inverted test for nose heavy flight..

sam u might get yourself the ztw 85 amp esc here from motion they work very well never had a problem with any ztw's and if anything ever happens to this plane u have a good esc for another upgrade

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                      just cant leave well enough alone going to take another 10g (= 1/3 oz out of nose) sense the battery is all they way back now..if this keeps up i may fly it with no nose weight at all,, currently cg at about 95mm and it flys great but still cant pass the inverted test for nose heavy flight..

sam u might get yourself the ztw 85 amp esc here from motion they work very well never had a problem with any ztw's and if anything ever happens to this plane u have a good esc for another upgrade
                      Thank you Ron. I was impatient and tested the high performance set with the stock ESC, well only on ground. My telemetry tells me it suck up to 72 amps in peaks and 65 amps at full throttle continously. That's quite a lot an exceeds the stock ESC by far. So I will go with a new one. Anyway I'm still a bit worried. Officially the motors specs go up to 58 Amp for 10sec. peaks and 53 continously. Not sure if the motor will life very long. My prop and Spinner seem to be balanced relatively well, but I don't have a prop balancer at hand to check also the details. At least it' s a lot better than the four blade setup. There my motor was within range regarding amps.

Regarding the CG. I also have 70 grams lead in the nose to get to the to the 8cm CG. In my flying club everyone told me it seems quite a bit to far forward. Good to hear it also flies well with the CG further backwards. I will give it a try. I also noticed that in older version the Sea Fury had weight build in by the factory. You can see this in the MotionRC build video, which is probably why no one mentions to add weights in the official videos.

best regards, Sam

Comment

• Have you guys tried the CG dive test to check your CG's? It's worth the while. It's not an exact process but I've done it a few times with big planes and small planes that I was struggling with a little and it helps tremendously. Here is a diagram I just swiped from doing a search. It's not the best example but you get the idea. There are plenty of descriptions of the process if you search RC planes CG dive test. And probably plenty of youtube videos as well. Click image for larger version

Name:	rc-airplane-trimming-dive-test.gif
Views:	371
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	329259

Comment

• i use the 45 degrees up inverted and s ee how much down stick i need to level it off... after taking another 1/2 oz out of the nose and leaving the battery in the back of the battery tray its as good as it will ever be for cg..it came out at 105mm and flys great and lands nicely ..still can nose over on grass if not carefull though so it has just 1/4 oz in nose rest is battery weight admiral 4s 4000 all the way back on wood tray
                          seems all these planes start at different weight

Comment

• I got my New ESC now and finally installed the sport set. I choose the Hobbywing flyfun 80a. I mentioned the high amps the motor was pulling earlier. I also got myself a prop balancer and absolutely fine tuned prop and spinner. That helped a lot. Before I had Peaks up to 73 amps and now I'm down to 63 and 58 continously. Still beyond the official specs but a lot better.

Made my first flight and what should I say. It flys fantastic. Unlimited vertical power and also the sound is great. Still have to adjust the CG a little. I wonder why Motion never made a review of the sport motor set.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	G-Fury 1.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	180.1 KB
ID:	331890Click image for larger version

Name:	G-Fury 2.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	176.8 KB
ID:	331891

Brought my sea fire to the club field for the maiden today here in Wittman AZ. Flew great with just two clicks of up trim to the elevator and I got four good flights. I get this color scheme off the internet and like it because it was different. Callie did the graphics.

Comment

• Has anyone flown with a 5000 4s?

Mine (brand new, never flown) balances perfectly at the recommend cg point with a 5000 4s.

Any thoughts??

Comment

• Any thoughts??

yes i bet 10 to 1 it noses over on landing and takeoff,,,hope it doesent but mine would not roll well on short grass and rolls 10 feet on landing and then noses over..never breaks the prop though my cg was close to 105mm and still have to try for a nice 3 pointer,,good luck with it

Comment

• If it balances go for it.

Ron, why do you say that if he can balance it?

Comment

• cause i used a 4000 all the way forward and it would not even roll with the 85cg,, i agree that if he gets it right go for it as these models all weight in differently. but u have to admit they all nose over easy..

Comment

• I will admit these don't like grass... I'm glad I fly off a nice paved strip.

Comment

• sometimes i wish we had geotex runway instead of grass.. when i was in the killeen tx club i did a bunch of work and got them to finally vote in 300x45 geotex runway..the older guys all had excuses not to get it but all the younger guys voted it in..now even the old guys love it..

Comment

Working...
                                          X