Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I appreciate the report. I was going to mount the skis in the next couple of days. I think I'll put the skis away. Our field is still covered with snow/ice but the large numbers of footprints and holes in the snow would prove too much for the skis.

Comment

I have been flying this on the sim, what an awesome plane! with the flaps down she glides to the runway and is easy to land soft. Can't wait to get one.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Air View Post
        I have been flying this on the sim, what an awesome plane! with the flaps down she glides to the runway and is easy to land soft. Can't wait to get one.
        The actual model doesn't land "pretty" on full flaps. 1/2 flaps for landing or no flaps is a better choice until you figure out how much throttle to carry onto the ground. Sims are great but they don't always give you a true indication of what the real model will do. The EC is what I call a "gentle giant" and is very easy to fly and maneuver around. The small nuances you must experience on your own.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
          I appreciate the report. I was going to mount the skis in the next couple of days. I think I'll put the skis away. Our field is still covered with snow/ice but the large numbers of footprints and holes in the snow would prove too much for the skis.
          Here is the video I took this morning. I need to learn more on how to upload and edit and much more on how to make a decent video Please enjoy what I have done. I am learning and the older I get the harder it is. LOL!!!!!!
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDt9hAGDshA&t=30s Xviper you are right on the flap's

Comment

The actual model doesn't land "pretty" on full flaps. 1/2 flaps for landing or no flaps is a better choice until you figure out how much throttle to carry onto the ground. Sims are great but they don't always give you a true indication of what the real model will do. The EC is what I call a "gentle giant" and is very easy to fly and maneuver around. The small nuances you must experience on your own.
            I'm new here, but not new to RC flight.

Comment

That looked rough and very bumpy. It's like driving down a washboard country road. Too bad you can't use the parking lot. It looks much smoother. I tried skis on my old SkyMule. It was not a total success either. On soft snow, it just did a submarine into the snow. On hard pack, it bounced itself to death. I've not had much faith in skis since. I think floats work better.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Air View Post

I'm new here, but not new to RC flight.
                My post had nothing to do with you being new to anything. It was just a precautionary note about what the real model will or won't do compared to the sim. Believe it or don't believe it. That's entirely up to you. If you took offence at my advice, I can't help that. Just disregard it. It was meant to help, nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

That looked rough and very bumpy. It's like driving down a washboard country road. Too bad you can't use the parking lot. It looks much smoother. I tried skis on my old SkyMule. It was not a total success either. On soft snow, it just did a submarine into the snow. On hard pack, it bounced itself to death. I've not had much faith in skis since. I think floats work better.
                  I have flown many planes with ski's and have little to no faith in them too. The size of the ski's for this plane are to small and to week for the size and weight of the plane. I have flown this one off hard packed snow and flat smooth ice on a lake they worked of then, so I decided to paint them and try them on what you saw. which convinced me what I have known for years ski's are very limited to what kind of surface you can fly them off of.When I got home I took the ski's off threw them in the garbage and put the floats back on. They work 100% better on all types of surfaces from wet grass to rough and bumpy spotty hard snow here is proof of that .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnWh_fxyly8
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	backon.jpg
Views:	726
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	235089
                  Last edited by Wild Man; Feb 5, 2020, 12:36 AM. Reason: added photo

Comment

Threw the ski's in the garbage, put the floats back on last night and went out this morning same field, Temp 20 degrees and 8 mile mph quartering cross wind My opinion is that the ski's it comes with are like a skid and are to small and week for this size airplane. Now i am reminded why I gave up on ski's years ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2N-fATNJ8I

Comment

Still adding to the E=1500 painted the motor nicells, repainted the prop tips and the spinners also added more Orange to the top of the Fuse having decal made for pilot name (PILOT CPT. NEMO) LOL!!!!!!!
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	pj1.jpg
Views:	712
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	235755Click image for larger version

Name:	pj2.jpg
Views:	642
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	235756Click image for larger version

Name:	pj3.jpg
Views:	634
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	235757

Comment

Where did you get the orange from? was it from lowes,if so we have them here in Calgary

Comment

Originally posted by spyder1 View Post
                          Where did you get the orange from? was it from lowes,if so we have them here in Calgary
                          Then Orange I am using I can get from Ace Hardware, or Walmart. RUST-OLEUM Painter's Touch 2X Ultra Cover Paint+Primer GLOSS REAL ORANGE. I haven't check with lowes but I bet they will have it. Walmart's price here is 3.59 it is a perfect match for E-1500
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	OR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.0 KB ID:	238353

Comment

Maiden flight yesterday. Flew great, but I think I need to balance the props. Slight vibration sound at higher power settings.

Comment

Ian H That looks good, Ian! Repaints really breathe exciting life into this plane. I am curious, what color scheme influenced your choice? Or was it completely off the top of your head? Either way, I like it!
                              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                Ian H That looks good, Ian! Repaints really breathe exciting life into this plane. I am curious, what color scheme influenced your choice? Or was it completely off the top of your head? Either way, I like it!
                                Thank you!
                                I searched for pictures of the C27 and found this one. It’s the military colors of the country of Chad. I think it looks much better with the window decals from Callie Graphics. It’s now time for the Freewing AL37.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-01-23-3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	38.6 KB ID:	296028Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-01-23-1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.4 KB ID:	296030 A few of us got together Saturday with our EC-1500s. We have rain forcast for the entire week, but we had one relatively good day. We had Tengarang, Karltrek, Joaquin and myself show up with out EC-1500s.

Bob Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-01-23-1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.4 KB ID:	296029Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-01-23-4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.0 KB ID:	296025Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-01-23-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	185.8 KB ID:	296026Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-01-23-5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.0 KB ID:	296027
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Comment

I have the floats on mine, now and have designated it as a full time float plane and Snow OPS. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdTy0QaxHLc&t=23s

Comment

Nice flight, Wild Man.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by borntoolate View Post
                                          Nice flight, Wild Man.

Bob
                                          Thank you Bob. I see you guys have a lot of fun with yours. Waiting for some deep snow. By this time of the year we do, but this year in S.D. we have had no snow at all to speak of.

Comment

Working...
                                          X