Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also got the stabilizer on. Took my time, about 2 hours prepping the cover , cutting away the bits. Dry fit about 6 times. it's straight and level. glad to see it all come together so easily. I also cut away at the top of the stabilizer so that it would have a wood to wood connection when epoxied. Setting with a clamp.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200218_224619886_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.2 KB ID:	237165Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200218_223815640_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	95.0 KB ID:	237166

In these pictures, not the overhang of the covering. All of these jagged edges must be removed in order to get the stab, flush and level. I ended up trimming away the covering completely, all the way to the edge , The same for the bottom of the stab itself. Unfortunately , I never took pics of the finished solution, i was too eager to get it all together.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_50972.jpg Views:	3 Size:	65.2 KB ID:	237163Click image for larger version  Name:	image_50971.jpg Views:	2 Size:	100.1 KB ID:	237162

Mixed up some epoxy with fiberglass resin and everything is great!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_50973.jpg
Views:	1166
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	237164

Comment

• I also started to check out the DLE 35RA, I picked one up , this will be the biggest gasser that I have in the hanger. Very excited!!

Attached Files

Comment

• Got the Stab and Rudder finished Thursday night .

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200222_170807387_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.8 KB ID:	237742

tonight I linked em up with the rods. Took my time, about 2/3 hours while watching the Midway Movie.
        I used Dubro ball links on the outside since they have more flexibility and left the stock ball links on the servo. I noticed that both inside and outside ball link should be rotated and tightened to its full extent, ( Until you can't rotate them anymore )
        I ended up using pliers to hold the rod while turning the links. Once snug they both line up pretty close to perfect. I didn't have to use any subtrim on the left elevator, but the right elevator I ended up sub-trimming about .15 - .20 not much..

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200223_002208325_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.9 KB ID:	237741
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200223_002004916_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	82.3 KB ID:	237740

This is a quality plane again looking forward to the spring. I would love to have it ready early spring and perhaps bring it to Joe Nall this year!

Comment

• Finished up over the weekend. Just need to break in the engine. Bring her to the nall and we can fly at the same time. I’ll get there Saturday morning about 9am, May 9.

Originally posted by sfmadmax View Post
          Got the Stab and Rudder finished Thursday night .

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20200222_170807387_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.8 KB ID:	237742

tonight I linked em up with the rods. Took my time, about 2/3 hours while watching the Midway Movie.
          I used Dubro ball links on the outside since they have more flexibility and left the stock ball links on the servo. I noticed that both inside and outside ball link should be rotated and tightened to its full extent, ( Until you can't rotate them anymore )
          I ended up using pliers to hold the rod while turning the links. Once snug they both line up pretty close to perfect. I didn't have to use any subtrim on the left elevator, but the right elevator I ended up sub-trimming about .15 - .20 not much..

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20200223_002208325_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.9 KB ID:	237741
          Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20200223_002004916_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	82.3 KB ID:	237740

This is a quality plane again looking forward to the spring. I would love to have it ready early spring and perhaps bring it to Joe Nall this year!

Comment

• Originally posted by DadsRcHangar View Post
            Another sexy plane on my wish list. Spitfire has always had a special place in my heart.
            sitting in one was an experience, so the fly a huge RC one would be very cool.
            DH, Welcome to the "Squawk". Glad you're on board. Acknowledged and agreed, most beautiful airframe ever designed in my opinion. Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Pilot signed up for duty Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0346a.jpg
Views:	964
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	238464
              Attached Files

Comment

• Nice!
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Nice is an understatement. DW3Z ........... Who makes that figure ??
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Hey, I get them on eBay. Look for Blue Box Toys Elite Force WWII RAF Flight Lieutenant "Donald Moore". I use the same but the George Bush pilot for my turbine jets.
                    Chris

Comment

• even the moustache period correct.... nice

Comment

• omg.. that pilot downwind3zero LOVE IT! ordering myself one. Did you have to chop his legs off?

Comment

• Originally posted by sfmadmax View Post
                          omg.. that pilot downwind3zero LOVE IT! ordering myself one. Did you have to chop his legs off?
                          Lower abdomen looks best for height.

Comment

• Once this plane is built, is it fairly easy to remove and re-install the wings for transport?

Comment

• Originally posted by downwind3zero View Post
                              Pilot signed up for duty
                              D3, Didn't know Burt Reynolds could aviate. Seriously though, really like your work. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

D3, Didn't know Burt Reynolds could aviate. Seriously though, really like your work. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                                Thank you Sir! Chris

Comment

• Originally posted by cjordan View Post
                                  Once this plane is built, is it fairly easy to remove and re-install the wings for transport?
                                  Yes , they remove easier than a lot of planes due to the exact fit. Chris

Comment

• Has there been any announcement about when these are estimated to be back in stock?

Comment

• ​​​​​
                                      Originally posted by DylPickle View Post
                                      Has there been any announcement about when these are estimated to be back in stock?
                                      I'm not sure myself , I did talk to aros a while back and he said it takes a few months to restock , because these are hand built planes and they gotta ship overseas. I am curious myself when they are going back in stock .

I just finished the gas tank and got the engine mount d on the bench for break in tomorrow. I need to finish the rear pull pull rudder. , And that's pretty much it for the plane . Just get the motor in there and focus on the electronic from there. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200309_122459136_HDR.jpg
Views:	1045
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	242271

Comment

• Since my state is ground zero for this virus and we're all quarantined, I've been able to work on my spit. I completed the wings, I'm pretty disappointed in the fit of several components considering this price point, but I got them to work and I'll live. I was able to get the JP retracts installed ok, and the control surfaces appear to function. Moving on to the fuselage.

Comment

• Is this model a mk. IX?

Comment

Working...
                                          X