Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess the gear controller is something from the new version of this model? I just drive the retracts directly from the RB-20.

Comment

• Still waiting for the propeller, but spent my time wisely :-)
      • tightened the pull-pull cables for rudder and tail wheel
      • programmed control surface deflections and expo in 3 flight modes
      • soldered the battery connectors for 10S combo (6S XT150 + 4S XT90)
      • added velcro and straps to secure the flight batteries
      • added two 20A SBECs
      • moved the RB-20 further aft, still need to reroute some servo wires
      • configured telemetry: added the RB-20 sensors and the FAS-100 current sensor, added a calculated sensor for consumed capacity and for total power drawn

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1100513.JPG
Views:	852
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	316019

Name:	P1100514.JPG
Views:	834
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	316020
      Now I still need to connect and bind my second X8R receiver, then test failsafe and do a 360° range check (in search of possible "blind corners of reception").
      And clean up those wires all over the place.
      But what's keeping these *** propellers?? :-)

Comment

• Hey HangarQueen, don't you just hate wire tangles?? You might want to add some hot glue or something over those bare mpx solder joints to help with strain relief and also to prevent something coming in contact with them and shorting out!!
        Cheers, DSA

Comment

• For any interested parties in addition to TimmyBeetle, ... Click image for larger version

Name:	20210616_132603.jpg
Views:	922
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	316066 The retract controller comes with the new version electric retracts. The controller connects via standard servo plug to your RX, and has a JST power tap for 2s Lipo. Those connectors are bunched together on the left of image. Each retract has just a 2 pin power lead to plug in via a JST tap, note polarity. It looks like the controller will also control a third retract unit ("front wheel") and also looks like it will control servo-operated gear door covers. ("Servo 1 and 2") although I have not tested those at all or even know if there is a delay built in either direction.
          Cheers, DSA

Comment

• Originally posted by dsa44 View Post
            Hey HangarQueen, don't you just hate wire tangles?? You might want to add some hot glue or something over those bare mpx solder joints to help with strain relief and also to prevent something coming in contact with them and shorting out!!
            Cheers, DSA
            Yeah, that's one more thing on the to-do list indeed.

And that gear controller looks oddly familiar to this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32987936614.html

Comment

• Yes they are similar, I think all these rc electric things are clones or rebrands of same unit!

Comment

• timmybeetle showed me one of those when I bought my Spit from him. I had never seen one of those before, so I researched about them.
                To use one of those, he had to connect the motors of the retracts directly to the controller, and thus bypass the limit switches (which had started failing on his)

Comment

• Hi

I have the old version of BH, that retract controller I have a similar one in my Elektro Spitfire, brand is JP.
                  I modified my retracts from HK, removed circuit board with switches and soldered wires directly to motor and connect them to controller.
                  Motor is Turnigy SK3 6374-192KV, ESC is Turnigy Sentilon 100A.
                  Prop is from Ramoser 3 blade 17 inch, adjustable, I adjust it to 23-24 inch.
                  10S LIPO.
                  Power measurement:
                  Amp draw 82.5
                  Voltage 36.6
                  3000 watt of static trust, resulting in a 7Kg static trust.
                  Plane weight is 8,4 Kg

After test flight I will update because I use Taranis telemetry and see what I get flying this plane in the air.

Plane is ready for flight.
                  ps: made invasion stripes with oratex white and painted black with Tamiya XF-1.

Grts Hans
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6744.JPG Views:	0 Size:	191.9 KB ID:	316485

found me a 4 Blade spinner at Aliexpress, so I can use finally my Ramoser 4 blade I have lying around ha ha

Name:	IMG_6747.JPG
Views:	850
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	316504

Name:	IMG_6748.JPG
Views:	852
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	316505
                  Attached Files

Comment

• I like those invasion stripes! Reminds me of my (may she rest in peace) old TopRc spit.
                    I like that ramoser prop, I was thinking of doing a scale 4-blade, but not sure what size, maybe the 17.3 inch with 10s and eflite 160 equivalent motor..... (right now, will maiden with 18x10 2 blade)
                    What spinner is that?
                    Cheers, DSA

Comment

• Loves me some invasion stripes!
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Test flight Elektro Spitfire BH136

On 23 of June 2021 I performed test flight of my Elektro Spitfire.
                        First flight I had my elevator not adjusted right, to much up so had to land and re-adjust it.
                        Second flight my left leg from LG fell out due to set screw gone during take off.
                        Luckily spring was still there after landing on belly and repaired it on the flying field, after that I flew 4 other flights with no problems.
                        During flight I go full throttle just once to test power load, to discover that my Ramoser, pitch was way to high.
                        I set pitch at 23-24", flew this setup with my other elektro Spitfire which I sold but there I got only 65 Amps, now I got 83 Amps.
                        Well different motor (same SK3 192Kv 6372) and other ESC, also throttle calibration at Castel ESC is a pain in the butt, my thoughts.
                        So at home I re-adjusted Ramoser prop to a pitch of 18" and will test it again next time flying this great plane.

grts Hans

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6762.JPG Views:	0 Size:	73.6 KB ID:	316810
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Hi All,

So I`m late to the party as usual.
                          I have just ordered this Spit and intend on using a spare DLE 35RA I have.
                          And yes it has the electric retracts.

Those of you who have flown this model do you recommend the revised COG of 100mm from leading edge?
                          I own a few Seagull, Phoenix and Blackhorse kits and all fly better with the COG forward of the recommended measurement.

I have the 33CC Blackhorse Mustang with original air retracts it has almost a hundred flights on it now and they are still holding up well.

Thanks for all the tips you guys have posted, will take that on board when building.

Thanks
                          Ian

Comment

• Update after adjusting Ramoser prop to 18 inch pitch.
                            Current 65.5 A, voltage 38.5 : power 2522 watt.
                            So now it's just right and leave it this way and enjoy flying this wonderful flying machine.

Grts Hans

Landing with half flaps,

Name:	BH Spitfire Landing 24-06-2021.JPG
Views:	784
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	316851

Comment

• Yeah that is pretty

Mine has arrived and i am very impressed
                              I was unsure about the printed weathering and had thought i might be painting this kit but its pretty good.

Apparently all Blackhorse kits will be going up about 30 percent on next deliveries

The pilot has a big head and i dont think i want him flying this bird, so he can go in the drawer with the other rejects.

Before assembly i have cut the cowling where the exhaust stacks go and opened up all the stacks mainly to let heat out of the cowl. Worst thing with DLE engines is the carb is at the rear above the exhaust
                              so apart from heat shielding letting the hot air out is just as important.

Ive painted the wheels aluminum
                              and will use a nicer spinner probably black . I use a Master air screw 3 blade 16 x10.
                              18 x8 x3 is much harder to find and alot dearer . I use 16 x10 x3 prop on other similar size kits and fly well
                              but will start with 18 x10, 2 blade.

Not sure about battery placement but will be as far forward as possible so the least amount of nose weight needed the better.

Will add photos soon.

Comment

• Update about power setup

Today I flew my Spitfire with 4 blade Ramoser prop and new 4 blade spinner.
                                I had prop adjusted to 14 inch pitch but after flying it, I had to adjust it to 10 inch pitch.
                                amp draw was 100A so way to much, with adjusted pitch I got 70A.
                                Flew great and a much different sound flying bye compared to 3 blade prop.

Grts Hans

Click image for larger version  Name:	Spitfire MK9 in vlucht 1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	42.7 KB ID:	317629
                                Attached Files

Comment

• So these are the latest retracts with controller, looks slightly different from previous post .
                                  The retracts are nice and solid with minimal movent and work very smoothly.

There are no instructions for the controller but i have it working for basic up down operation. Requires its own 2s 7.4 volt power supply

Comment

• I have finished the wings and all went smoothly. I used different ball clevises which allowed for more movent on the aileron servo arms.

Im not sure if i needed to but i have raked the retracts forward by spacing the rear of the strut about 4mm

Have opened the upper cowl where exhaust ports glue on and also opened exhaust outlets . Im using a DLE35 ra so hopefully will help with letting hot air out of cowl. I will also make a heat shield between carby and exhaust.

Comment

• So its finished and ready for maiden
                                      Total weight 8kg with with 500 grams of lead up front to achieve 100mm COG.

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Some pics
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• More pics
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X