X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James View Post

Welcome to Hobby Squawk fastflyer. I don't have that answer for you at the moment, unfortunately, but hopefully, someone will be able to get you an answer. Thanks for joining.
    Thanks, 👍

Comment

Gents, I have uploaded the manual to the support page...

https://www.motionrc.com/products/bl...rf#support-tab
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Great looking bird, I have one on a truck unboxing in a week.
        Moki 180 nib planned power.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlieoneseven View Post
          Great looking bird, I have one on a truck unboxing in a week.
          Moki 180 nib planned power.
          I hope you do a build on here looking forward to this one.

Comment

I'm super interested in seeing build video. I'm very interested in is plane but I'm not a highly skilled builder. I would love to see how someone puts it all together and find out what works, what doesn't, and how to work around them.

Will the rg90 motor fit?
            is there a mod for Sierra gear
            how is the gear that comes with and how durable when you bounce a landing
            what is the wing dihedral and can it be modified to scale?
            If dihedral mod is needed, is there a gear mount mod to make the gear fit?

i was about to buy a top flight 190 but sadly, it's been discontinued.

Theis is the next size bigger than that plane. (Better)

Looks super cool.

DaBear1

Comment

Originally posted by Aros View Post
              Gents, I have uploaded the manual to the support page...

https://www.motionrc.com/products/bl...rf#support-tab
              Looking at the manual you can see how much time someone took to make this a outstanding airframe.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBear1 View Post
                I'm super interested in seeing build video. I'm very interested in is plane but I'm not a highly skilled builder. I would love to see how someone puts it all together and find out what works, what doesn't, and how to work around them.

Will the rg90 motor fit?
                is there a mod for Sierra gear
                how is the gear that comes with and how durable when you bounce a landing
                what is the wing dihedral and can it be modified to scale?
                If dihedral mod is needed, is there a gear mount mod to make the gear fit?

i was about to buy a top flight 190 but sadly, it's been discontinued.

Theis is the next size bigger than that plane. (Better)

Looks super cool.

DaBear1
                Hey DaBear1, welcome to Hobby Squawk! Any Black Horse ARF Kit doesn't need a skilled builder to complete at all. Have a look through the manual. It is just a more tedious assembly than say a PNP Foamie. All you really have to do is properly glue in your control surfaces and then mount your electronics. The only part that might take some modding would be mounting the motor to make sure it is the correct distance to fit with the cowl. Mostly that just involved using smaller or larger spacers to achieve the proper distance. All of that is determined by what motor you end up using for it so really impossible to make a universal video to point to.

Comment

The plane arrived today as planned. The box was up on end with a plastic pallet strapped to one end.
                  Well packed and undamaged it is a monster! The Moki fits inside the cowl with plenty of room left for baffling.

Comment

The unpacking takes a sharp knife to cut the cellophane tape holding everything in place.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlieoneseven View Post
                      The unpacking takes a sharp knife to cut the cellophane tape holding everything in place.
                      So awesome Charlieoneseven , please keep us fully updated as you get her together. Can not wait to see her on maiden day!

Comment

I'm now subscribed to this thread to see your Moki installation, Charlieoneseven !
                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	mmmmoki.jpg
Views:	2366
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	236352
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Charlieoneseven!! Very cool. Keep the build pics coming. I Can't wait to see your progress.

Thanks

DaBear

Comment

Just got a baffle pre cut from moki the size is perfect for this cowl being a complete circle the cowl has some flattened areas so a little if any trim is all thats needed.

Comment

The motor used one existing hole upper right and 4 new holes using 10/32 socket head screws. Here is the first fitting with just 2 bolts the lower carb bolt hits the motormount so a little trim will make it sit flush.

Comment

That's going to sound great in this bird!

Comment

Got some work done on my dayz off wk.

Comment

Several years back I completely migrated away from nitro plans to all electric. Now I have the bug to build a giant scale war bird like this FW. Would it be insane to make the an electric bird with a MR RCSound system?

Comment

cjordan The beauty of this hobby is nothing should be ruled out as "insane" until it's been tried at least one. A bird this large would require serious electric power, and I wonder if the MRRCS setup would be loud enough, but it's worth a try. You're probably going to need much larger transducers or speakers --verify that any sound system you buy can drive speakers loud enough for your preferences. The fuselage on this bird would make a nice resonance cavity if transducers are positioned in the right place, that's for certain.

What's to risk except time, sweat, and money?
                                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Made a plywood cradle to hold inverted. Used some bias weave tape and epoxy to make a bearing surface for the foam tape cushion. Micro bubbles and epoxy hold them together and give a custom fit

Comment

Working...
                                          X