Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are the wheels that were included with the plane I have. They are definitely not like the ones shown in the photo. We will get all of this updated as soon as possible on the Website.

Comment

Yeah they look a little better.
      Should at least be able to 3d print some hubs in an attempt to make them look half decent compared to the original kit pictured ones

Comment

Does the plane come with the spacers for a gas engine? I bought the plane brand new from a friend but I got no engine mounts. He claims that none were included. I have an EME 120 ready to go in it.

Comment

Originally posted by TedEv View Post
          Does the plane come with the spacers for a gas engine? I bought the plane brand new from a friend but I got no engine mounts. He claims that none were included. I have an EME 120 ready to go in it.
          TedEv Hello Ted and welcome to the Squawk. According to the intro page of this thread, yes...…... mounts for both gas and electric power options are included.
          I would venture to guess that your friend bought this before Motion got their "touches" on it.
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

TedEv
            I would venture to guess that your friend bought this before Motion got their "touches" on it.
            Charlie, what do you mean by "Motion got their touches on it"? He got it right before they were out of stock a few months ago and his manual shows that both gas and electric mounts are included. Were the contents of the box changed along the way?

Comment

Originally posted by TedEv View Post

Charlie, what do you mean by "Motion got their touches on it"? He got it right before they were out of stock a few months ago and his manual shows that both gas and electric mounts are included. Were the contents of the box changed along the way?
              Well this and other Blackhorse models were sold other places until recently
              Before Motion started selling these they had to meet a standard acceptable to Alpha, the Alpha "touch"
              So you are saying your friend bought it from Motion RC?? They started selling it this past Dec 20.
              If he did buy it from them and even though it is most likely past the 30 day warranty window, I would reach out to the CS team and see if there is some way they can possibly help you acquire them.
              Best regards,
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Thanks Charlie. He definitely got the plane from Motion. He may well have forgotten about the gas engine spacers because he planned it as electric and had some motor mounts custom-made. I will check with Motion next week. I appreciate your help.

Comment

It came with 4 spacers in my box.

Comment

Ok, my Fw-190 has arrived.

There have been some definite changes from the first batches so it seems.

Firstly, the included gear are now electric!! nice change up from the air driven units.

The wheels are different to the two types pictured above. The holes that were visible in the skin above the flaps are now much smaller ovals. the engine exhaust area is now a matt black colour out of the box.

The things I like:

Ridiculously light weight for a complete airframe.
                    Scale drop tank really looks nice.
                    Electric retracts
                    sliding canopy out of the box.

Things I don't like:
                    Engine mounting area seems a little to light a gauge for the size of engine to be used.
                    Engine cowl gun troughs really to small for scale and also don't fit the fuse to well at all.
                    Gun hood. really poorly sized/shaped.
                    way to overly weathered printed finish.
                    they molded "panel" lines into the cowl for their painters to follow when spraying the camouflage 🤨

Comment

The lines on the cowl for the painters are not scale just color seperation

Comment

Originally posted by Charlieoneseven View Post
                        The lines on the cowl for the painters are not scale just color seperation
                        I know, that's why it was in the dislike list. Its a blackhorse thing, I had their 2.8m Storch and it had the same thing done to that. just really amateur hour at the factory in my eyes. much like you can see fw-190 scribed into the middle of the cockpit coaming panel.

Comment

Not a scale entry more sport scale and a perfect breakun airframe for my new moki.

Comment

Has anybody flown their FW yet? Any reports?

Comment

Haven't flown mine yet, in fact I've gone the opposite way with it to be honest..

I've got 2 buddies who are very close to being ready to fly. I'm hoping within the next week or so now that the model fields have opened up again post COVID.

I mounted up the DLE130 to see how it was all going to fit up. It was all good and plenty of room in there as expected. The anchor nuts they have glued to the firewall do not accept the M6 engine mount bolts they supply in the kit! they look to be M5 maybe....???

I've included a pic of the new wheels that come with the kit. They are better than the original ones, but they are very very fat tires. so much so that the wheel will contact the top of the wheel well so some shimming will be required to clear that and make the best of it. I'm still looking at better options for the wheels. In the mean time I have drawn up and 3D printed up some more scale wheel hubs that just stick over the kit wheels in case I do end up using them.

I then started stripping the covering off the whole model. AS you might be able to make out they have modified their lightening holes and they are now smallish ovals. lots of them.... on every surface... I have found a solution and will show what im going to be doing with those shortly. The covering didnt give too much grief to come off which im not sure if its a good thing or not.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I then turned my attention to the new electric retracts... they seem to work nicely enough, will be good to see them in action and if they prove to be reliable. One thing I did notice straight away is how wrong all the angles are. I have overlaid the Sierra 1/4 Fw-190 retracts on top of the kit supplied ones. as you can see the model will end up with a very splayed out look about it. they are also a good 30mm shorter than the sierras ( which are also a little short for scale) so she might end up looking quite squat on her feet. I'll keep looking in to this and how we might be able to address and still use the stock gear.. again these would have been custom designed and maufactured for this model.. why didn't they just do a little more work and get them right. It's a lot harder to fix the issues now rather than at the design faze. I'm tossing and turning about whether I go and make the sierras fit in.

The other big bug bear with this kit for me is the gun hood. It's way to short and missing a lot of detail out of the box.

So I tacked the gunhood in place and began to add extensions to its sides, and then added the missing details like lumps, 3D printed latches and rivets. The plan is to take a mold off this and then make more durable fiberglass version.
                                Attached Files

Comment

finally found some videos of the Fw flying.

https://youtu.be/0tDZv3z_j5c

https://youtu.be/BwtpKGtenKU

Comment

Hola, me gustaría saber si alguien puede decirme que la distancia entre el cortafuegos y el cigüeñal no aparece en el manual, tengo la posibilidad de poner un moki 250 que tiene un diámetro de 305 mm, veo que Charlieonseven puso un 180 Sin problema de espacio. El moki 250 tiene 15 CV, algunos consejos, ¿quizás demasiada potencia? 😐

Comment

Hello, I would like to know if someone can tell me that the distance between the firewall and the crankshaft does not appear in the manual, I have the possibility to put a moki 250 that has a diameter of 305 mm, I see that Charlieonseven put a 180 No space problem . The moki 250 has 15 hp, some advice, maybe too much power? 😐(Sorry, the translator passed me by)

Comment

ticketec if you find a way to fit the sierra mains please post it, i have the same thing, and have no idea dave tate

Comment

Originally posted by CARLOS View Post
                                          Hello, I would like to know if someone can tell me that the distance between the firewall and the crankshaft does not appear in the manual, I have the possibility to put a moki 250 that has a diameter of 305 mm, I see that Charlieonseven put a 180 No space problem . The moki 250 has 15 hp, some advice, maybe too much power? 😐(Sorry, the translator passed me by)
                                          Hola Calos,

Que tal? Me questa demasiado responder in Espanol asi que in ingles tinen que ser.

My friend has just flown his Fw with the DLE-130. It has plenty! of power. I would think that the MOKI 250 would be too much? it seems like even the Sist Fw-190 which are 5-7kg more flying weight than this model is over powered with the 250.

Distance from the front of the firewall to the front of the cowl is about 255mm. I would need the distance from the prop hub to the diameter of 305 on the engine to check for clearance for you.

Comment

Working...
                                          X