Clear All

• I have 4 flights on it now.

A few people have posted videos on facebook
    cant post the videos directly here
    Attached Files

Comment

• Well Done! Looks Great!

Comment

• Well damn ... just went to buy this ,there gone!! I’ll just wait for the next batch. My father flew BF109s, I think this would be a great tribute. Anyone know if the UMS line of radials would do well in this?

tom

Comment

• I just got back from work this morning and was going to pull the triger on the 190 and I'll be dad-gum, the darn thing was sold out!
          @ James, When is the next batch due to arrive? I was hoping to have it ready for spring.
          Best regards,
          Cris B.
          AMA#L945841, NASA#2845, JPO#2503,
          NSRCA#4603, IMAC#7357

Comment

• Originally posted by Trady37 View Post
            Well damn ... just went to buy this ,there gone!! I’ll just wait for the next batch. My father flew BF109s, I think this would be a great tribute. Anyone know if the UMS line of radials would do well in this?

tom
            Hi Tom,

I have certified 2 of these Fw-190's with the UMS 125cc engines and I can say that they are marginally powered. Not sure what prop they were running but most of the flight was at full power they told me.

So i have ordered the UMS 180CC for mine :cool:

Comment

• Plenty of room to fit the engine...

but the other side of the coin is that it’s waaaay too much power for the model as well.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Thank you for the info!! It’s a moot point now .. the FW is sold out, but I do have a Blackhorse zero to build. I’m thinking the UMS 7cyl 90cc. I won’t know until I get the engine with exhaust .. but the firewall and cowl look to be able to take it (9”) .. if not .. I’m thinking of ordering the Oscar cowl ?

tom

Comment

• It’s only sold out for this shipment. I’ve already bought another one, and it was the last in country but I’ve been told they will be back in stock by June here in Australia.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticketec View Post
                    Plenty of room to fit the engine...

but the other side of the coin is that it’s waaaay too much power for the model as well.
                    Just means you don't have to keep the throttle firewalled! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by CF-105 View Post

Just means you don't have to keep the throttle firewalled! :)
                      Very true,

but it also does cause some other issues... increased static thrust with the engine at idle for one. I've got a couple of over powered models in the fleet now and its not always as rosy as it sounds. Either way, I had no choice, it was go under powered 125cc or the overpowered with the180cc.. the radial at idle and part throttle is where it produces its best sound !

Hopeful that i will be able to get the engine transplant completed in the next few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                      X