Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Black Horse Focke-Wulf FW-190A 2600mm ARF Discussion Thread

Product Page: https://www.motionrc.com/collections...90a-2600mm-arf

Click image for larger version  Name:	black-horse-focke-wulf-fw-190a-2600mm-102-3-wingspan-arf-motion-rc-13672889319537_1024x1024.jpg?v=1576874989.jpg Views:	30 Size:	175.7 KB ID:	224075

The Focke-Wulf Fw 190 Würger (English: Shrike) is a German single-seat, single-engine fighter aircraft designed by Kurt Tank in the late 1930s and widely used during World War II. Along with its well-known counterpart, the Messerschmitt Bf 109, the Fw 190 became the backbone of the Luftwaffe's Jagdwaffe (Fighter Force). The twin-row BMW 801 radial engine that powered most operational versions enabled the Fw 190 to lift larger loads than the Bf 109, allowing its use as a day fighter, fighter-bomber, ground-attack aircraft and, to a lesser degree, night fighter.

The model is scaled to approximately 1:4 and attention was paid to a true to original appearance and best flight characteristics. The model can be operated using an electric power system or with an internal combustion engine about 120cc displacement.

Visit the Official Black Horse Focke-Wulf FW-190A 2600mm Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.

FEATURES:
    • High level of prefabrication right out of the box
    • Lightweight, strong, laser cut balsa and plywood construction
    • Panel lines and details printed directly onto the pre-applied, high quality covering
    • Aerofoiled tail surfaces
    • Recessed hinges on all control surfaces
    • Pre-drilled hinge mounting holes
    • Heavy-duty pin hinges on all control surfaces
    • Large easy access fuel tank/battery/servo access hatches with sprung loaded latches
    • Painted and detailed cockpit, pilot and interior included
    • Fiberglass control horns with ball link connector
    • comprehensive control and fitting accessories included
    • Two-piece, plug-in wings simplify transportation and assembly
    • Fiberglass cowl and glass reinforced landing gear covers/pants
    • Mounts for both electric and gas power options included
    • Fully illustrated instruction manual included and available for download (see tab above)
    INCLUDES:
    • Black Horse Focke-Wulf FW-190A 2600mm (102.3") Wingspan - ARF
    • Air retractable landing gear and oleo struts
    REQUIRES (ELECTRIC):REQUIRES (GAS):
    • Engine: 120cc gas
    • Gas Propeller: 27x10
    Customer Note
    Black Horse ARF models are constructed out of balsa wood and plywood. These are not foam models. The assembly of balsa wood ARF aircraft requires basic model building skills including the installation of servos, ESC, and motor (or gas engine). PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS:

AGE LEVEL : 14 AND UP
    SKILL LEVEL : INTERMEDIATE
    BUILD TIME : 6+ HOURS
    Model Scale 1:4 Scale
    Wingspan 2600mm / 102.3in
    Length 2230mm /87.8in
    Weight 14968g / 33lbs
    CG (Center of Gravity) Refer to the owner's manual
    Power System 180-185kV Brushless Outrunner Motor or 120cc (required)
    Electronic Speed Control HV 120A (required for electric)
    Propeller / EDF 28x10 for electric / 27x10 for gas (required)
    Servos Electric - 8 x 45g standard (required)
    Gas - 9 x 45g standard (required)
    Landing Gear Air retractable with oleo struts
    Required Battery TWO 6 Cell 22.2V 6000 mAh LiPo Batteries with EC5 connector in series (required for electric)
    Required Radio 7+ Channel (required)
    Ailerons Yes
    Elevator Yes
    Rudder Yes
    Flaps Yes
    Lights Optional
    Hinge Type Nylon Heavy Duty pin hinges
    Material Balsa and plywood
    Skill Level Intermediate
    Build Time 6+ Hours
    Recommended Environment Outdoors
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

That thing is MONSTROUS!! Looks fantastic as well - loving these new Black Horse models coming to the table

Comment

I can't fully express just how giant this 2600mm Fw-190 is. It's a beefy bird, with nice details, surface weathering, spacious interior, well made split flaps with concealed linkages, and the sliding canopy takes the cake for me.

Soon I'll post more of the photos I took of this beast!
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

WOW!!!

Comment

Nice to see birds this size come to Motion RC. I'm impressed with the current build quality that I've seen, from Black Horse, so far.

Comment

Excellent choice for a BigBird. Nothing meaner looking than a 190. Hard to believe a 102” WS requires only a 30cc engine, tho - would have seen this as a 50cc - 60cc minimum. Still, this is a gorgeous plane and something to crave.

EDIT - reread description....120cc. Yeah, that looks much more like it! Dunno where I saw 30cc in this but guess the gin &tonic had something to do with it. What a gorgeous airplane.....

Comment

Yeah this is one BIG girl!!!

My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Moki!!!

Comment

Damn that’s a nice looking Butcher Bird! And bloody huge too! I’m afraid it’s out of my league. 20cc-30cc is more my speed.

that said, I know BH sometimes does the same aircraft model in different sizes... hopefully we’ll see a smaller 190 eventually (although I’m rather keen for a Sea Fury or Typhoon too).

Comment

Adamich31 Yes, please! This bird is the perfect candidate so far for a Moki'd Black Horse. PikeStaff Thanks, guys. This one has been a while in the making and it's refreshing to finally get it on the website. 120cc will fly her nicely with authority. Most importantly, the undercarriage is well designed.

Comment

The size is impressive but what is up with those wheels? Needs a proper 3 blade prop as well. Love to see it fly.

Comment

I like how Black Horse has kept the wing servos and most of the linkages inside the wings. Makes for a nice clean look.

At just 33lbs, it's pretty light for a heavy metal warbird of this size too.

Comment

Yes, it was important to conceal the linkages where feasible. Here's a peak under the covering.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180509_114251.jpg
Views:	6242
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	224196

The wheels shown might not be the final ones. I need to double-check.

Comment

Wow! Just wow!

What's the wing area? Really just curious about the wing cube loading.

The gear will be scale?
                            ---
                            Warbirder

Comment

Why they bother with cutting the lighting holes in the flap area is beyond me , would be better with out them.. as u know murphy's law states that if there's a hole u will punch though it at some time :)
                              and it would make it easier for the people who fibreglass the planes .

Comment

Fair observation! The holes serve to reduce weight but more importantly reduce warping during processing. Fully sheeted surfaces are much more work intensive, requiring more ribs per area, and are typically built up with narrower sheets of balsa that are less prone to warping across their dimension. The area above the split flap surface, however, is one continuous piece (in this case, a couple feet long), so holes are drilled to counteract the wood's tendency to warp, without over-compromising the integrity of the wood. The alternative would be to assemble that surface from smaller, more numerous planks of non-drilled wood, which would increase the materials, grading rejection, weight, and time.

I'm hoping someone motorizes the sliding canopy! Animatronics on the arm, too!

Name:	DSC05883.JPG
Views:	6122
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	224662Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05881.JPG
Views:	6167
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	224661

Comment

Very well done FW190, wonder if they would make a ARC without the lightning holes? also
                                  Darrell at
                                  Sierra Retracts makes a very scale set of retracts for the FW190 1/4 th scale, also a scale wheel/ rim set. If you have not seen them you should check them out. Last year I got a TopRC 190 which has a 93 inch wing 1/4.5 scale. Had I not got that I would be all over this one.

Name:	00002 - Copy.jpg
Views:	6089
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	225317Click image for larger version

Name:	0001112 - Copy.jpg
Views:	5980
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	225318

Comment

Fantastic model. I have both a 9 cyl and 7 cyl Seidel radial from the 90's in my collection. So tempting... I wonder if one would fit. Is there a spec anywhere of the inside clearance in the cowl? I have gone completely electric but this airplane is a temptation to get stinky again.

Comment

Is there any videos of it flying, especially with a gas engine

Comment

Originally posted by fastflyer View Post
                                        Fantastic model. I have both a 9 cyl and 7 cyl Seidel radial from the 90's in my collection. So tempting... I wonder if one would fit. Is there a spec anywhere of the inside clearance in the cowl? I have gone completely electric but this airplane is a temptation to get stinky again.
                                        Welcome to Hobby Squawk fastflyer. I don't have that answer for you at the moment, unfortunately, but hopefully, someone will be able to get you an answer. Thanks for joining.

Comment

Working...
                                        X