X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dave tate View Post
    ticketec if you find a way to fit the sierra mains please post it, i have the same thing, and have no idea dave tate
    Will do.

It doesn't look super hard, but because I have 3 other friends with the same model I will try and fix the issues with the stock gear first so we can all have it sorted. if it proves to be too hard I will go with the sierras. Trying to find some 6-6.5" main rubber tires for the kit. Don't want to spend $160 on sierra wheels because I already have a set and they weigh a ton. I've tried to contact him just to by the rubber tire alone and no response... standard for sierra and so painful to deal with when overseas.

Word of caution. Buddy who flew his Fw this morning on its maiden ripped the gear out. it was a dead stick landing alittle short of the field, but there was VERY VERY little glue around the landing gear bearers..... standard Asian ARF issues have struck with this model again.

Thanks

dave

Comment

Thank You. ticketec in my opinion the sierra gear is very heavy also for that 190, and would have to be Reinforce very good to work,
      when you start changing parts to make it more scale everything becomes Heavier.....

Comment

Yes Sierra retracts are always very heavy... but also almost indestructible!

if they were electric then they would be my preference for sure. I tried to contact down and locked by no response...

anyways, few progressing at break neck speed at the moment. The fuse and wings have now been glassed. First time using peel ply on this job and not sure I’m sold on it yet.
        Attached Files

Comment

All the fuse parts have been primed and sanded until we ended up with a nice smooth surface to start putting down panel lines

one of the bits I forgot to show was all the lightening holes. These are now oval on my generation of kit which made it even more tricky to make. Luckily I called in a favour from a mate with a laser cutter, so once I drew the shape up in CAD he lasered over 400 of them out of 2.5mm balsa. The kit had about 180 odd holes to fill. Found out afterwards that there are about 3 different sizes on the kit 😣.

the leading edge panels on the fw are a very unique shape and this is tricky to produce by hand the same for left and right wing half’s, so I drew that up and then cut them from vinyl. Once on the wing these help produce the first panel lines on the model.
          Also started riveting the hori stab to get me warmed up as it’s fairly straight forward rivet wise.
          Attached Files

Comment

An update as to where the FW is up to.
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice work. Definately kicking it up a notch.

Comment

Anyone have any updates to show ?

Comment

Pretty much ready for paint other than the landing gear mods.

custom designed and laser cut cowl mount brackets so there are no external mounting screws to flog out over time.

tail surfaces covered in solartex and 3D printed pinking tape with stitches applied.

engine mounting finalized and new spinner test fitted and detailed.

machined up inserts and aluminium gun barrels for the wings and 3D printed MG17’s for the fuse are complete. Plus the DF loop antenna and the moraine antenna are done. They are held in place by locating dowels and magnets. Can’t really see them in the pics.

once I get the new lower legs Done, and I can move the gear mounts to the final position, which I hope will not take more than a week I should be ready to go into the paint booth. I’m expecting the painting process to take about 2.5-3weeks
                  Attached Files

Comment

Great looking job ! Look forward to seeing more

Comment

Anybody else out there besides me plan on ordering one of these from the next shipment?

Comment

Does anyone have one actually flying yet?

Comment

I will be ordering from this next shipment. I can't believe the lack of information from customers on this plane. The very few videos I've seen all have mokis in them. I would like to see the eme 120, and how it performs with the dle130. Im still not sure what engine I will put in mine.

Comment

Originally posted by PikeStaff View Post
                            Does anyone have one actually flying yet?
                            Hallo ich habe mir die große FW 190 von Schweighofer angeschafft. Kurzer Bericht ,... Modell ist gut gemacht und macht einen gut gebauten Eindruck. Die Folie ist fertig bedruckt, was aus der Nähe doof aussieht, aber aus 1 Meter Abstand relativ gut. Ich habe die Maschine als E Version geplant...

Here is Video in an other Forum.

Regards Michael

Comment

Glad to see there is more interest besides me . I usually make opening the box videos and put on YouTube,not good at it but it really helps others to see the plane . I’ll do that with this one when I get it . I have an EME 120 planned for this one ,but I would also like to see one fly with a dle 130 !

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Rader View Post

Hallo ich habe mir die große FW 190 von Schweighofer angeschafft. Kurzer Bericht ,... Modell ist gut gemacht und macht einen gut gebauten Eindruck. Die Folie ist fertig bedruckt, was aus der Nähe doof aussieht, aber aus 1 Meter Abstand relativ gut. Ich habe die Maschine als E Version geplant...

Here is Video in an other Forum.

Regards Michael
                                Thank you much! Such a gorgeous plane, watching it fly is just necessary.

Comment

Hey guy's,

I have been slaving away on my Fw-190 non-stop and she is now well progressed. I just don't post a lot here because its a real pain to resize the pic's.

I have now finished all the surface detailing, I also moved the retracts further out in the wing to a more scale locations and this was to help with making sure everything still lined up after I extended the main's oleos by 40mm. this turned out to be more of a pain than anticipated because I don't have milling capabilities at home so had to rely on others to get it done. Anyways, all sorted now and painting was able to be started.

I used automotive PPG acrylics, mixed to my colour samples. I made all the spray masks so there are no stickers on the model at all. Once all the paint and markings were done, I sprayed a 2-pak gloss clear over the model to begin the weathering processes. I had hoped this would only be 2-3 days, but in fact it took about 1.5wks until everything was the way I wanted it. I then cleared the whole model with a Matt 2-pak clear and the model finally back to ARF state :D

I have started with the equipment install and am about 60% complete with that. I expect that I will be very close to being ready to fly within the next few weeks.

Having said that, I have seen 3 other ones of this model fly now. powered by a range of different engines.... EME120, DLE130 and a UMS 125cc radial. The DLE powered one had a very short flight so wasn't able to gauge how well it did needless to say it had gobs of power! the UMS 125cc radial is marginal on this model.

All the models exhibited the same thing, really impressive handling and slow flying capabilities. In fact there is some discussion amougst owners that perhaps they are too light. The do have a real presence in the air and look the part buzzing the field.

Can't wait to fly mine now!!
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Great looking ! Looking forward to flight video !!

Comment

Originally posted by Wantitbad View Post
                                      Great looking ! Looking forward to flight video !!
                                      Just the same can't wait to see the flight!!!

Comment

I have one ordered !

Comment

• I finished painting and weathering mine,
                                          flat cleared and all the equipment was installed. Super light weight at 15.5kg dry ready to fly!

it flies extremely well. It’s actually too light, it slows up really well with no bad tendencies in the stall at all. Landing is interesting as it just keeps floating along. I have been 3 pointing the landings which is unusual for a warbird to let you get away with consistently.. The 130 is way too much power for this model. Weights, power and wing losing are more like a 3D aerobatic model rather than a warbird.

lots of presence in the sky and on the ground as it’s a large chunk of model sitting there.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X