Clear All

• I have 4 flights on it now.

A few people have posted videos on facebook
    cant post the videos directly here
    Attached Files

Comment

• Well Done! Looks Great!

Comment

• Well damn ... just went to buy this ,there gone!! I’ll just wait for the next batch. My father flew BF109s, I think this would be a great tribute. Anyone know if the UMS line of radials would do well in this?

tom

Comment

• I just got back from work this morning and was going to pull the triger on the 190 and I'll be dad-gum, the darn thing was sold out!
          @ James, When is the next batch due to arrive? I was hoping to have it ready for spring.
          Best regards,
          Cris B.
          AMA#L945841, NASA#2845, JPO#2503,
          NSRCA#4603, IMAC#7357

Comment

• Originally posted by Trady37 View Post
            Well damn ... just went to buy this ,there gone!! I’ll just wait for the next batch. My father flew BF109s, I think this would be a great tribute. Anyone know if the UMS line of radials would do well in this?

tom
            Hi Tom,

I have certified 2 of these Fw-190's with the UMS 125cc engines and I can say that they are marginally powered. Not sure what prop they were running but most of the flight was at full power they told me.

So i have ordered the UMS 180CC for mine :cool:

Comment

• Plenty of room to fit the engine...

but the other side of the coin is that it’s waaaay too much power for the model as well.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Thank you for the info!! It’s a moot point now .. the FW is sold out, but I do have a Blackhorse zero to build. I’m thinking the UMS 7cyl 90cc. I won’t know until I get the engine with exhaust .. but the firewall and cowl look to be able to take it (9”) .. if not .. I’m thinking of ordering the Oscar cowl ?

tom

Comment

• It’s only sold out for this shipment. I’ve already bought another one, and it was the last in country but I’ve been told they will be back in stock by June here in Australia.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticketec View Post
                    Plenty of room to fit the engine...

but the other side of the coin is that it’s waaaay too much power for the model as well.
                    Just means you don't have to keep the throttle firewalled! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by CF-105 View Post

Just means you don't have to keep the throttle firewalled! :)
                      Very true,

but it also does cause some other issues... increased static thrust with the engine at idle for one. I've got a couple of over powered models in the fleet now and its not always as rosy as it sounds. Either way, I had no choice, it was go under powered 125cc or the overpowered with the180cc.. the radial at idle and part throttle is where it produces its best sound !

Hopeful that i will be able to get the engine transplant completed in the next few weeks.

Comment

• Finally did the test flights with the radial!
                        flew awesomely. Can’t wait to get more stick time with it

Comment

• ticketec Congrats! It's a great looking bird, both on the ground and in the air.

Comment

• Great flight and love that radial! Congrats!
                            My YouTube RC videos:
                            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Thanks guys!

If I could have only one model it’s always been a 1/4 Fw-190 with a radial at the top of my list and this model has delivered that for me. Never would have though in a million years I would have got there.

Super chuffed with it. Can’t wait to take it out again!!

Comment

• Yeah she looked like a puddy cat. I am quite sure the pilot had something to do with that too.
                                My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by ticketec View Post
                                  Plenty of room to fit the engine...

No problem with being over-powered!!! That Radial looks amazing!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                    Yeah she looked like a puddy cat. I am quite sure the pilot had something to do with that too.
                                    Thanks Mate!!

Yes maybe, but she does fly very nicely as well.

She is very responsive to the controls, even though there is only 10mm movement up/down on them.

I've got the servos setup mechanically correctly for that amount of throw and that helps so much with the accuracy of the model in flight, more than most realise.

Just getting ready for the first official warbird event that I will attend with the Anton this weekend so I cant wait!

Thanks

P.S.

I've bought another new kit... wait till you see what I have planned for that one

Comment

• If I'm seeing this correctly, it's a "real man's" RC aircraft. These are the ones we cherish. Balsa airplanes fly superbly. There is absolutely nothing wrong with EPO either, they are more forgiving. I can say, from experience. There is nothing more rewarding than a Built-up balsa and plywood aircraft. If you put your mind to the project, it's going to either be cheap or the best. Not all of us can attain this method. The wife may say no! In your heart, the man said Yes! Imagine if you build it like you want to. No one else tells you, this is either here or there. Perfection is the key to making the aircraft your own. Balsa & ply is just that. Don't spend all that time building a superb model. Then, cheap out on the electronics or anything.

Comment

• So I’ve been asked to show how I fixed the stock kit gun hood, which is one of the most obvious issue with this kit.

I used the stock hood as the basis. Firstly I use some polycarbonate (plastic) to extend the hood further down to the scale lines. this was about 1.5" extension, and once done this was filled and smoothed to blend it in. I then used some bits of plastic pipe cut down to suit to model the troughs.
                                        The hood latches were marked out and cut out from the ploycarbonate, and once that was done I drew up the latches in CAD and then 3D printed them. these were glued into position, but i found in the final gun hoods i ended up with better results if I glued in new #d printed latches so thats what i ended up with. Automotive bog was used to make the lumps and bumps that were missing and finally once that was all primed up and looking good i burnt the rivets into the hood.

My plan all along was not to have this hood as the final one because A: I was worried about all those bits staying together over time, and B: I have a flying buddy who wanted one as well, so I took a mold off this one, and layed up a fibreglass "flyable" hood. This worked out ok, but the final pieces needed a fair bit of work to be useable. This was all my fault and all down to impatiences to get it done.

I ended up having to re burn all the rivets into the final hood but the end result is a major improvement on the overall look of the aircraft in my eyes.

thanks

dave
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Anyone have to add tail weight to fw190?
                                          I have eme 120 and need quite a bit of tail weight

Comment

Working...
                                          X