Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure who used the term "V2", but I don't think there's anything to indicate that it's an updated or upgraded version. However, looking at the video from the FMS page where RCInformer flew it at SEFF last year around October, he did say that his had the 360kv motor and that's the way it came. So if it came that way last year, it may have just been something that FMS did to appease the masses, just like they did for the 1700mm Corsair, which they did call a "V2".

Comment

• Sorry, that was me. I used v2 incorrectly when I should have just said 360kv version. I see Horizon is due to get them in early august; it will be interesting to see if it does indeed have the 360.

Comment

• OK, everyone tell me where we can get replacement locking blocks for the EfliteP-51 landing gear. The retract locking blocks that come standard are "pure junk". Some kind of cheap cast pot metal with no strength at all. A little side load on roll out an the gear collapses cause the lock block breaks. Of course Horizon doesn't sell just the lock block..have to get the complete gear.."Help" there must be a better gear that fits or someone making replacement lock blocks??

Comment

• Originally posted by silver182 View Post
          OK, everyone tell me where we can get replacement locking blocks for the EfliteP-51 anding gear. The retract locking blocks that come standard are "pure junk". Some kind of cheap cast pot metal with no strength at all. A little side load on roll out an the gear collapses cause the lock block breaks. Of course Horizon doesn't sell just the lock block..have to get the complete gear.."Help" there must be a better gear that fits or someone making replacement lock blocks??
          I'm not familiar with the term "locking block". What exactly is that?

Comment

• You will find the "lock block" my terminology when you open up the electric retract screw drive. The lock block travels with the pin on the screw drive...when the gear is in the fully up position the lock block locks the gear up not allowing movement. When the landing gear is down & locked the lock block has traveled along the screw drive over throwing to the locked down position. The lock block is the key to the gear locking up & down...the darn one supplied is cheap pot cast metal / aluminum with absolutely no strength at all..

Comment

• He's referring to the Trunnion XV
              Those FMS made trunnions have a long history of being made from pot metal
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I've never had a "trunnion" break on me. I've had the plastic casing of the retract break. I've had the strut pin break and I've even had the worm drive strip. I think you can get aftermarket "all metal" retracts that have much higher strength components but I just can't think of the seller at the moment. I think FMS even makes an all metal retract but it may not be the right size for this plane. Also, doesn't MotionRC sells some all metal retracts?

Comment

• I'll look around if anyone Knows..where to find a good set of retracts for the Eflite 1.5mm P-51....please post it here or e-mail me direct silver182@aol.com

Comment

• I have heard a number have had a problem of the mains cracking the wing. Is there a mod. to help prevent that? and if so does anyone have a link to info and that?
                    Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by bobtheman View Post
                      I have heard a number have had a problem of the mains cracking the wing. Is there a mod. to help prevent that? and if so does anyone have a link to info and that?
                      Thanks
                      This plane comes with some very hard tires which tend to aggravate the landing bounce. This can crack all kinds of things in and around the retracts. I replaced the main tires with softer, low bounce tires to make the landings a bit more user friendly. If this bouncing is still a problem for you, then do what you can to reinforce everything in the gear. Squeeze glue into all the crevices you can get between the retract mount and the foam so their less likely to yank right out on a hard landing. FoamTac all the screw threads and "C" clips in the struts. Land on grass if you can or at least till you don't bounce anymore.
                      Oh, and the strut springs are also very stiff. Some guys replace them with softer springs.

Comment

• Thanks xviper, any idea as how I can find different springs?

Comment

Thanks xviper, any idea as how I can find different springs?
                          Sorry, I don't. Mine are still stock. Maybe check back in this thread to see who may have done it. I think someone here mentioned where they got theirs.

Comment

• Another thing worth mentioning has to do with the tail retract. From day one, mine worked intermittently and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why this was happening. I even unplugged the retract from the main gear control box and wired it directly to the RX. Still intermittent. Every time I cycled the gear, I could hear it click and do nothing and then sometimes it would just work. Took it out of the plane and it worked on the servo tester every time. I thought maybe something was pinching the wires when it was installed. I had an old retract of the same size that I transplanted the whole strut/tire/trunion assembly into it and on the bench, it worked fine on the servo tester. Put it into the plane and the same thing happened - sometimes worked, sometimes didn't. Then I figured it out. It was the door spring that was not allowing the retract to fully retract and trip the end point contact. When I pushed hard on the strut to compress the spring, it worked the next cycle. I had to modify the spring so it wasn't so fat where the strut caught it. Didn't have to replace the retract after all.

Comment

• I cut about 5mm off my f4u springs made them softer. Can't hurt!!​​​​​​

Comment

• Thanks for your help guys

Comment

• In Need of an answer.
                                  I did a maiden flight yesterday landed after 4 minutes the Motor was SUPER HOT! to touch. Outdoor temp. 76, battery SMART 5000 30C
                                  Anybody help with the why??
                                  Thanks

Comment

In Need of an answer.
                                    I did a maiden flight yesterday landed after 4 minutes the Motor was SUPER HOT! to touch. Outdoor temp. 76, battery SMART 5000 30C
                                    Thanks
                                    How was the ESC? HOT? I had a plane where both the motor and ESC were HOT. It turned out that a couple of the solders were insufficient. Check all solders in the connectors (both sides) from the 3 wires at the motor to ESC, from the ESC to battery. Also, have you changed anything that might cause a restriction of airflow from the nose through the interior?

Comment

• Nothing changed in regard to airflow. I will check esc and motor connects. That motor was HOT!
                                      Thanks for the replay

Comment

• Originally posted by ICM View Post
                                        Anyone see the new E-flite P-51D Mustang 1.5 from HH? Its pricey but appears to be true to scale with plenty of power (6s), all the new tech, good size and snap on/off outer wings making it easily transportable which I really like. Its clearly made by FMS but does not seem to be a simple upgrade to their P-51 1450 v8. It won't ship until l mid-month but there are You Tube vids by Pilot Ryan and RC Geek who really like it. Despite the price, I'd seriously consider it but for the paint scheme. Apparently, its modeled after an actual WW ll fighter which was later sold to a private owner who restored and repainted it for the Airshow circuit. Why HH chose to replicate the show plane and not the combat livery is beyond me. IMHO, an iconic warbird should look like a warbird. Thoughts,comments?
                                        Remember those guys get commission on the planes sold so to be honest I mean they do what they have to do to make money

My take is with the exception on receivers I avoid HH like the plague

I'm committed on radio gear I have alot of planes and without exception 100 percent every single plane I've gotten from HH has had very specific issues that truly irritated and disappointed

Example

Lack of parts many new 1700 p51s are sitting idle for months ...

Why?

No retracts available imof it took HH over six months from release to have a simple propeller or spinner in stock

Or ....

They were big on selling FMS

Well 4 FMS predetor escs burning out or freezing up in four different planes tells me they don't care about things like reliable electronics

Just slap a paint job on some phone make it look good put crap in it then after it flys once or twice

Crashes

Customer calls two hours on hold to be told

You crashed pilot error not responsible

Run to bank rinse and repeat

So they don't see a dime of my money never again but hey

It's a free country your money do what you want with it good luck

Not I really dig some HH airframes like the SU

I won't buy it

Or the aero cobra

Or the F16 (I have that one) good model no nose gear for a year but mine has held up

The big p51 for almost five hundred that I literally have away cause for a year no parts

Mind you I used other vendors parts to fix things but

It's a pia since HH deliberately makes stuff fit for the aircraft it sells

Then doesn't stock parts so

The middle finger goes up lesson learned screw you

If it sounds like I'm mad I'm not I learned and HH will learn like BH and Nitro planes learned

It's a free country so I spend elsewhere

My freewing and flight line stuff 90 percent success rate and the ten percent is manageable

HH is easily 50 percent fail and fifty percent aggravation

FMS well ever single one doesn't hold up or crashes for stupid stuff

Like bad speed controllers

Bad spinners

Bad clevises or horns.
                                        ​​​​​or glass retracts not in stock

Now guys online on you tube they know this but like I said they get paid and end of the day

They have sold out integrity and honest reviews in order to sell you something make money

That's why I look at those who put up private reviews who just fly for fun

My two cents but to those guy who right now are Rah rah Eflite

You know you guys who get free stuff and a couple of bucks to con the rest of us

Took a few years for you to build audiences it take just a season of BS to lose that audience

Alot of flyers are hip to it now I mean who can forget Pete from BH

Haha apparently everyone last I checked he was hitching a ride in the desert trying to come back
                                        To civilization

Now he is a distant memory

Learn from the mistakes of others

Buyer beware

Comment

In Need of an answer.
                                          Thanks
                                          Hot mother generally is

Prop too big or too much pitch

Not enough cooling

Or HH got the current draw esc output wrong which sorry to say is nothing new with those clowns

Either way it goes don't fly it till they make good which they won't cause they suck

Sorry for your troubles

Comment

Working...
                                          X