Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks good without so much obvious blue !!!!!! Maybe I dont like blue??????

Comment

A buddy of mine just purchased one and flew it for the first time this past Sunday and both of the gear door panels broke off. Very cheaply made and I guess that’s what you get for $500

Comment

Originally posted by Scornette View Post
        A buddy of mine just purchased one and flew it for the first time this past Sunday and both of the gear door panels broke off. Very cheaply made and I guess that’s what you get for $500
        Was he operating from grass? I've ripped off gear door panels lots of times when rolling on grass to take off and land. Even short grass, if it catches just right, off they come. Not necessarily an indication that they are "cheaply made".

Comment

Very cheaply made on this one.

Comment

So, I take it that the plane was flown off grass since you didn't address this. But that's OK, you answered it by not answering it. Even a NOT cheaply made component would have ripped off if dragged through the grass.

Comment

Yes it was flown off grass but the grass is too short to even touch the panels.

Comment

From my own experience, even very short grass will touch the wheel panel doors when the suspension compresses. If you've ever watched a video of a plane taking off when the camera is mounted on the belly, you can see just how much the suspension moves up and down on pavement. Make that grass, even golf green grass and the strut panels will touch. Now, if you would have told me that he was flying off pavement and those things fell off, then I would agree that the quality of those components would be "cheap", not only in design but in execution.

Comment

Still cheap and not worth 500. Poor design

Comment

May be Overboard but bought a second set of gear and doors.... my maiden is at least 3 months away!
                    Attached Files
                    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Originally posted by Scornette View Post
                      Still cheap and not worth 500. Poor design
                      $500.00 is pricey for this but I guess to each their own. I'll likely still get one later this year but I'm a sucker for new planes.

Comment

Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                        May be Overboard but bought a second set of gear and doors.... my maiden is at least 3 months away!
                        Those strut doors look exactly like the ones on my FMS P-51. No mistaking where they came from. I've had to buy multiple sets due to them getting caught on the grass. Since flying on GeoTex, haven't busted one since.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                          $500.00 is pricey for this but I guess to each their own. I'll likely still get one later this year but I'm a sucker for new planes.
                          Right with you Viper.... addicted to New planes!!
                          Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Have u not seen a new car lately. The plastic chrome comes off in 5 minutes ::: the world we live. But they. Fly. Slash drive Better. Oh technology isn't it grand showing my age now.

Comment

The gear doors should be up while taxing and landing...

Btw, rescheming mine to the Dark Green Olive Scheme and weathering. I'll post some progress pics as it comes along. Hey look it’s inverted...
                              Attached Files

Comment

This is something new I’m trying
                                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bbaumer View Post
                                  Those aren't the "doors" that are being ripped off by the grass. The "doors" in question are the ones attached to the strut. They go up and down with the strut. When the plane is rolling, the bottom of those doors are less than 2" from the tire contact patch. Allow for sink into the grass and suspension compression, the bottom of the door panel can be well into the grass.

Comment

Originally posted by bbaumer View Post

Btw, rescheming mine to the Dark Green Olive Scheme and weathering. I'll post some progress pics as it comes along. Hey look it’s inverted...
                                    I wasn't going to repaint.... But you got me thinking... :-)

Comment

My biggest gripe was the cost of the replacement parts. Especially the fuselage. When it was first announced the replacement fuselage was marked at over $200. I see it's been marked down to a much more realistic $119, so that gripe's gone away now too.

I really like this one! And it's tax return season..

Hmm..

Comment

Here is my 3D printed pilot :-)
                                        Pinky had to go !!
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Some progress, clear coat, detailing and some light weathering left to go , oh and reworking that really bad LouIV decal
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X