Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gorgeous job

Comment

Beautiful repaint of a scheme I hadn’t seen before. very nicely done. Hope to see some inflight shots at some point, bet it would look spectacular and very realistic.

best regards BMK

Comment

I read back through the posts it appears that someone is having retract issues it brings to mind the FMS 190 the 1400 mm

When used with a spectrum AR 10 receiver they didn't work

They did work with an orange receiver

I'm not sure if they worked with futaba

After the gear issue FMS had the motor issue magnets just flew out of it

Lots of guys forget some of us don't and don't get me started on the FW 190 struts ....

Anyhow every day I look at my grounded 500 dollar p51 it reminds me of my mistake

And now I have a p47 razorback grounded because of a substandard esc

Double reminder

Comment

Just a KICK ASS Job man! Bravo!
          Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	16F07427-B2D3-450A-85F1-E0C667FA009E.jpeg
Views:	1107
Size:	211.1 KB
ID:	249640Click image for larger version

Name:	E6D35C75-F5C1-4F97-95EE-7912DBEE5AB5.jpeg
Views:	1136
Size:	234.0 KB
ID:	249639 Couple of minor progress pics, nose is right now , and you can see some weathering on the left wing

Comment

I’ve really enjoyed flying this model. The plug in wings are definitely interesting I’m curious how long these will hold up but only time will tell. Right off the bat one thing I’ve noticed whether it be my experience or anyone I’ve seen on YouTube, this bird definitely pulls hard to the left on take off. Big scale prop and 6s power be ready on that right rudder. It’s also not the easiest war bird to land. The FMS 1450mm P-47 takes that prize. Just remember to keep your speed up on this bird on landing or it will bite you. One thing I do have to say is I feel it’s a bit expensive when you compare this to it’s rivals from Flightline and FMS..... I know it’s got safe and smart but to most guys buying a 6s warbird it’s not worth the extra $100 expense.
              in the end I definitely think this is the best mustang on the market in my opinion if you get past the price it truly flys magnificent. Let the plane do the talking and check out the video.

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Boozer RC View Post
                I’ve really enjoyed flying this model. The plug in wings are definitely interesting I’m curious how long these will hold up but only time will tell. Right off the bat one thing I’ve noticed whether it be my experience or anyone I’ve seen on YouTube, this bird definitely pulls hard to the left on take off. Big scale prop and 6s power be ready on that right rudder. It’s also not the easiest war bird to land. The FMS 1450mm P-47 takes that prize. Just remember to keep your speed up on this bird on landing or it will bite you. One thing I do have to say is I feel it’s a bit expensive when you compare this to it’s rivals from Flightline and FMS..... I know it’s got safe and smart but to most guys buying a 6s warbird it’s not worth the extra $100 expense.
                in the end I definitely think this is the best mustang on the market in my opinion if you get past the price it truly flys magnificent. Let the plane do the talking and check out the video.
                You raise some very interesting points. It is quite expensive but on the other hand, I've converted my FMS 1450mm P-51 to 6s and it's probably cost me well over $100.00. I have yet to fly mine so I'll take your warning about the landing. My FMS is quite easy to land. Insofar as pulling to the left, all my big tail dragging warbirds do that - FMS P-51, FMS 1700mm Corsair, Flightline Corsair. I find that if I don't acceleration on take off so much, it doesn't pull nearly as much. I pick up speed more gradually and it's much easier to control the left pull.
                The quality of this Eflite P-51 is superb, much better than the FMS version of old.

Comment

Thanks for posting, Wes! Good points all around.

I happen to like the chosen scheme. It's different, which I support. Are you going to give this one your airbrush's light weathering touch, or a full repaint?
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Hmm, I've had some birds that tend to a la main left as well, a small shim on the left motor mount screws might help a bit. Worked great for me with the FMS Pitts.

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

Alpha well funny enough we actually did some light weathering to her on an earlier live show. It was calling me to do the exhaust. Lol but Keven wanted this one to stay cleaner so it stopped there. I to am one of the guys that really likes this paint scheme. It looks so good in person and it’s easy to see in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                        An after thought for ya...…...…….. You may have to go the route that a lot of us did with circuit card issues on the FMS retracts over the years.
                        The circuit was bypassed (removed) and the motor was controlled with a separate controller like the JP Electric Retract Controller.
                        Most folks were getting them from RC Castle. https://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?...roduct_id=7458
                        I've got 2 in my private inventory stock.
                        Well...the saga continues.....After sending HH the photos showing the failed motor boards, they acknowledged that new boards needed to be redesigned and they would ship me a pair of gear as soon as they are available (earliest is mid-June but likely much much later). So I went the route of the JP electric controller...modified my retracts accordingly and it works...sort of. The gear open and close sometimes...not all the time (which is a no go in my book for flight). The tail retract was reversed so it would go up when the mains came down and vice versa so I pulled it and resoldered the motor wires for reverse polarity....of course, the tailwheel is now dead. What should be a very simple solution...isnt. The solder joints are fine (but putting that tailwheel back together is a b&#ch!.) If the mains worked reliably, I would just elect to fly it with the tailwheel locked down. Since they don't, this bird will likely never see air under it's wings. Collosal waste of money...I guess I deserve it buying an ARF with unproven components

Comment

Comment

Just maidened mine today. Amazing plane. Fast and great presence in the air! You gotta be able to do 9 minutes on a 5000 with mixed flying... Its AWESOME!
                            Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

I have the E-Flite P-51D 1.5 BNF and the DX8 G2 radio, when I first got the aircraft, the telemetry was working, I'm familiar with the in-flight telemetry menu and the System Settings menu, the telemetry stopped working and I'm getting the voice error message from the radio saying "Battery no data" and "Flight Pack voltage 655.3 volts", I can see the screen settings but no warnings. I need help, I've tried numerous things and no go, any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by moodg16 View Post
                                I have the E-Flite P-51D 1.5 BNF and the DX8 G2 radio, when I first got the aircraft, the telemetry was working, I'm familiar with the in-flight telemetry menu and the System Settings menu, the telemetry stopped working and I'm getting the voice error message from the radio saying "Battery no data" and "Flight Pack voltage 655.3 volts", I can see the screen settings but no warnings. I need help, I've tried numerous things and no go, any suggestions?
                                Are you using the same battery?

Comment

Well, it's been a couple of months since anyone has posted on this thread. I've been flying mine whenever its turn comes up in the rotation. I like the way it flies and how it's so visible in the air. It has sufficient grunt to drive through big loops without losing breath, but it's still not a blistering fast plane like my 6s converted FMS 1450mm P-51. I've even learned how to take off without it wandering to the left and torque rolling during the lift off. However, I really hate the bouncy landings and I know for a fact it's those rock hard tires. I changed to some DuBro low bounce tires and the problem of the bounce was fixed, BUT, those tires were just a bit too wide and they rubbed on the strut. Someone on the other forum mentioned that they used the Robarts tires and they fit perfectly. Unfortunately, he didn't say if it cured the bounce. I'm going to get a set and see for myself. I'm also going to reduce the stiffness of the suspension springs to see if that might help.
                                  Don't know if I'll keep this one. I'm looking at the new FMS 1700mm P-51 Red Tail with the 360KV motor. If I can sell the Eflite, the bigger FMS will replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                    Well, it's been a couple of months since anyone has posted on this thread. I've been flying mine whenever its turn comes up in the rotation. I like the way it flies and how it's so visible in the air. It has sufficient grunt to drive through big loops without losing breath, but it's still not a blistering fast plane like my 6s converted FMS 1450mm P-51. I've even learned how to take off without it wandering to the left and torque rolling during the lift off. However, I really hate the bouncy landings and I know for a fact it's those rock hard tires. I changed to some DuBro low bounce tires and the problem of the bounce was fixed, BUT, those tires were just a bit too wide and they rubbed on the strut. Someone on the other forum mentioned that they used the Robarts tires and they fit perfectly. Unfortunately, he didn't say if it cured the bounce. I'm going to get a set and see for myself. I'm also going to reduce the stiffness of the suspension springs to see if that might help.
                                    Don't know if I'll keep this one. I'm looking at the new FMS 1700mm P-51 Red Tail with the 360KV motor. If I can sell the Eflite, the bigger FMS will replace it.
                                    Viper: What are the details on this v2 of the red tail with the 360kv? I can't find it anywhere except on aliexpress. I wish Flightline would come out with a new p-51, but I'm interested in the red tail update.

Comment

xviper
                                      A new 1700 Red Tail V2 with the 360kV...…….where ya seeing that
                                      All HH is showing is the V1 which is BO'd with projected shipment not until August.
                                      The P-51D Red Tail PNP, 1700mm by FMS is a quality built remote controlled airplane. See all our RC product options online at Horizon Hobby!
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

It's on the FMS site:
                                        https://www.fmsmodel.com/product/fms...d-tail-pnp/94/
                                        Perhaps HH hasn't updated their webpage yet. FMS will not sell this model direct, even though they claim it's in stock. They say we have to order via their distributors, ie, Horizon - available next August.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                          It's on the FMS site:
                                          https://www.fmsmodel.com/product/fms...d-tail-pnp/94/
                                          Perhaps HH hasn't updated their webpage yet. FMS will not sell this model direct, even though they claim it's in stock. They say we have to order via their distributors, ie, Horizon - available next August.
                                          Hmmmmmmm…………….still perplexed That product info page has no verbiage what so ever indicating a V2.
                                          It could be assumed (not my favorite verb) that it is a version upgrade based on the product description stating that it has a 360kV motor but in my mind that is a real reach to call it a V2 just because of that.
                                          (my expectations of what a version upgrade would be significant upgrades like what was done with their 1400 Pitts, by the way just maidened it yesterday.....SWEET)
                                          I have poured over everything in the product page including the parts page and there is nothing to indicate a V2 Red Tail. They don't even list the motor
                                          The link to the manual is bad and just comes up as "Nothing to see here"
                                          Not holding my breath on this yet cause this V2 talk has already got me but that's just me my friend
                                          Warbird Charlie
                                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
                                          X