Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both Aircraft set up on 12s 8000mAh LiPo / / 120amp ESC / eFlight Power 360 180Kv Motor / XOAR PJE 22x10 prop.....

Blackhorse https://youtu.be/sqiUnEC64MM
    eClac: https://www.ecalc.ch/motorcalc.php?e...20Series%2012s
    Cubic Wing loading: 10.8
    Watts per pound: 201
    Speed: 73mph
    Flight time: 8.2

Phoenix https://youtu.be/pGoFm5nsIzw
    eCalc:https://www.ecalc.ch/motorcalc.php?e...20Series%2012s
    Cubic Wing loading: 13.1
    Watts per pound:182
    Speed: 73mph
    Flight time: 7.7min

I think the Phoenix may look better while the Blackhorse may fly better (Lighter)

TwistedGrin

Comment

This model doesn't seem very popular. After working on it a bit I think it lacks scale fidelity for the price. If you spend on after market gear and everything to make her more attractive than she arrives in the box, the investment is too high. However, paint is cheap and I decided to dress up the cockpit a little. I still need to make the gun sight, rudder pedals, and finish the throttle quadrant. The instrument panel looks much nicer blacked out. My canopy is a foggy piece of crap and I haven't decided what to do about that just yet. Click image for larger version

Name:	cockpit 1.jpg
Views:	1066
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	329189
      There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

Passing on other ARF's availalbe from other manufactures.....still waiting on this birds shipping to the vendor. I have reports from other Pilots that remarked the Blackhorse model Corsair was an exceptional performing flyer. I am not sure how much longer I can hold this out Captain.......!!

TwistedGrin

Comment

Has anyone installed Robart retracts to the new version of the corsair? If so, which one of the retracts did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by TwistedGrin View Post
            Flying the Hanger 9 88inch Ki-43 Oscar is fantastic performing R/C on electric power train - exceptionally solid airframe.......in contrast reading threads regarding this light wing loaded Corsair landing gear has stopped me from moving forward on it. Looking at the BH P-40C and I can't get past the nose cowling...circlilng back to this Corsair. Does anyone have confirmation the Robart pnuematic retracts will fit this Corsair?

TwistedGrin
            I will let you know shortly about the Robarts. I have a set of Robart 148 pneumatic retracts under the Christmas tree. The struts looks to be about a half inch shorter but it shouldn't be that hard to lengthen them a little bit. I can't stand the looks of a Corsair with little tiny wheels or short struts.

Comment

Looks like Blackhorse models are showing some sticker shock.....gone up quite abit on this model....gulp

TwistedGrin

Comment

The Robart 148's pretty much drop right in. You have to grind a couple of notches in the mounting rails to clear some round head screws and to clear the rotating mechanism. The struts are already the correct length. You do have to grind a small notch in the wing spar but there is plenty of room to add reinforcement back. If you look closely at the photo you can see where I've added carbon strips onto the spar above the area that I notched out. The existing mounting bolts and holes also work. The gear door to strut mount will need to be modified. I used a small block of foam glued to the door with a small zip tie looped around the strut.
                Attached Files

Comment

ATTENTION - MotionRC has notified this model is available for purchase - - SUGGEST TO ORDER UP FELLAS IF YOU WANT ANYTHING

I ordered up just a few moments ago as soon as I fired up my P/C

Incomming!!

TwistedGrin

Comment

Airframe delivered last night....was not expecting carbon fiber skin fused to the ribbing and internal support structure....the inside balsa skin is also covered in a fiberglass printed resin layer. This explains the light wing loading....super light airframe.....the covering probably makes up 80% of the weight

TwistedGrin

Comment

Originally posted by TwistedGrin View Post
                      Airframe delivered last night....was not expecting carbon fiber skin fused to the ribbing and internal support structure....the inside balsa skin is also covered in a fiberglass printed resin layer. This explains the light wing loading....super light airframe.....the covering probably makes up 80% of the weight

TwistedGrin
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4374.JPG
Views:	836
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	339042

Comment

As of 10:00pm 03-06-22 Motion remaining stock shows 10...I think this airframe is selling fast

TwistedGrin

Comment

Any chance of more photos of current design.

Comment

Digging the CF! Nice quality upgrade.
                            My YouTube RC videos:
                            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Comparing the original design assembly manual to the newest design assembly manual reveals extensive upgrades from 2010 of course. Robart style hing pins, retracts and gear, tailwheel is a retract now, motor boxes and no longer a Cowling ring - replaced with 4 cowling elbow mounts. Carbon fiber skin covers "ALL" wood surfaces of the fuselage, internal lattice work and motor firewall and motor boxes. The assembly manual does not have any instructions for the motor boxes. However I can assume the larger box with the offset should be the electric motor box. The motor box is pre-drilled for the Electric X Mount holes and does appear to be within a MM of perfection to the Admiral GP-60 180Kv Motor holes and the Admiral motor is within 1mm of the old Rimfire 65cc Electric motor mounts....so the cowling alinment should fit perfect with the Admiral motor. I am wondering how the blind nuts are going to seat into the carbon fiber skin without splintering everthing around them.

I am impressed with the all the components so far....although I have not tried to dry fit anything yet. The tail wheel retract is exceptional and should work great....too bad all the inner working and frame will be hidden in the tail.....which is also pretty heavy!

There does not seem to be LED's or wiring for the wing tips or fuselage beacon....so this will have to be a custom retrofit.

The landing gear retracts look nice and should hold up just fine...but I have not powered them up for a test run yet.

So far the kit looks good without any issues from the unboxing!

TwistedGrin

Comment

My first ARF installing the split joined flaps.....pretty neat design but wondering how much pressure the toungs can deliver from the single servo! The manual states the hing pins should be 14mm above the hing line....I could NOT make my flaps operate with them set up that way so I set them all up directly centered over the separation gap and about 5mm as they naturally seated.....works much better without binding

TwistedGrin Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0014.JPG
Views:	698
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	341099

Comment

Both main wings are hinged......always check to ensure your hinges provide full range of movement while the glue is setting up. Even though one side has a small bit more travel than the other....the available movement will never be maxed anywhere close during the most violent flights....so they are good to go. I used some graphite on the flap extender toungs to prevent them from squeaking too much while flexing them to help break them in.....the wife was getting very annoyed with me.

So far I have spent about 8hours just getting the main wings hinged like I wanted them.....not very much progress but every night something must get completed.

TwistedGrin

Comment

Digging the build updates! Appreciate it.
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Both wings nearly completed....if using Y cable for the flaps remember one servo needs to be toward the wing saddle and the other moved toward the wing in order that one moves clockwise and the other moves counter clockwise.....excellent that Blackhorse paid close attention to the flap servo mounting pocket!! The electric retracts are large....the holes match up perfectly....some of the blind nuts may need thread cleaning with a 4mm threading reamer. The retract front number plate is a super simple easy slider....still needs some sanding in order to allow them to freely move along the strut and on the sides to ensure they don't bind with the covers. I would rather screw down the Wheel Wells than glue them in....just in case I need to work with the retracts in the future. This makes it really much easier to pull the gear and the wiring out. But I am waiting on some self tapping 2mm servo screws to complete this step. Will also use the 2mm screws to bolt on my canopy. I am debating on whether or not to deploy wing tip LED's.

I should be starting on the fueselage in the next day or so. This will confirm were I want my sevo leads to be exiting out the main wing/s....and where the retract leads will be routed also....another reason NOT to glue down the Wheel well tubs in yet!

TwistedGrin

Comment

Upon inspection of the internal wing tip lense covers with the Faux FAA navigation lights - note the Left is Green and the Right is Red.....so repaint for correction before installing!!

TwistedGrin

Comment

• The horizontal stabilizer is self aligning and is one of the easiest deployement ever.....Cut away the covering for access to the slot and mating surface. I wetted the stabilizer mating surfaces with 30min epoxy and slid it in place....apply some pressure to make a 100% smooth and level surfact for the fuesleage tail wheel end to fit on. Nice whale tail while the epoxy sets up. You can also see the carbon fiber printed skin inside the tail peice. Nice fitment on this ARF.

TwistedGri Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0039.JPG Views:	0 Size:	78.6 KB ID:	341499Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0040.JPG Views:	0 Size:	141.2 KB ID:	341500Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0041.JPG Views:	0 Size:	102.9 KB ID:	341501

Comment

Working...
                                          X