Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fifth box held the main gears and they are solid! Electric retractable gear with awesome suspension struts. Also in here you get your wheels and the electric retract landing gear controller as well as a few miscellaneous bits. But these gear look more than capable to handle this large bird.

Comment

The sixth box (last of the "smaller" boxes) included the cowl and exhaust bits. What a beautiful job on the fiberglass here. She is solid and I couldn't conceive trying to do that myself. She looks mean!

Comment

The seventh and final box within the whole kit will be the biggest one which holds the wings, horizontal stabilizer, rudder and some decals and patches. Again the weathering of this sticks out so nicely. The control surfaces already have the hinges in there (you will just have to glue them in eventually. The servo pockets are cut perfectly and overall everything just looks so incredible.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200324_132327.jpg
Views:	1755
Size:	173.0 KB
ID:	244579

Overall the kit is very impressive and I will be eagerly awaiting maiden day whenever that will be. Once the assembly gets started whether, by me or a helper, we will definitely keep you all up to date in this thread.

If you would like to see more of this kit and ask us questions live then please join us on YouTube this Friday at 12pm ET where Alpha and I will show you the unboxing on video and can talk about everything.

Join us here:

Comment

Man that's a nice looking Kit, one of my favorite planes.

Comment

Can you take a pic of the wheel wells? Wondering if there is room to make and fit larger custom wells to fit proper sized wheels. The orig had 33" tires. 1/5 = 6.6"
              I have the old 1/7 scale H9 P-40E kit and I put proper wheels in it. Was one of the things that drove me nuts.

Comment

She's a nice looking bird! Always liked the P-40, it just looks mean. If I had to critique it from the video, two points I'd make would be (1) the cowl doesn't seem to be weathered to match the airframe and (2) the spinner is noticeably wrong for a P-40. I really like the results of the silkscreening at a distance, it looks fantastic. Up close there appears to be marks from the printing process (typical of silk screening I believe?), but they quickly disappear as you move away. These new planes should look amazing in the air!

Edit: Forgot one other comment that I have to add. That CG setup is awesome! Should come standard with ALL ARFs, regardless of construction materials or manufacturer. Never thought I'd be blown away by a couple of wing ribs.

Comment

I would like to get one of these. What I have is a strong running Desert Aircraft 50 size engine. Would this be big enough for the P-40?

Comment

Could anyone measure the struts for this electric gear, may use a set for other projects!

Comment

I have been looking and waiting for a giant P-40. This one looks pretty nice but the spinner doesn't look right and its PLASTIC! That and the plastic tail wheel is what is keeping me from pushing the button. I agree that larger main wheels would be an improvement as well. Maybe I'll wait for V2 and hopefully they fix these things.

Comment

Yeah, it's unfortunate that they dropped the ball on the spinner, I'd say that for over $1000, they should've done better than that. I wonder how close the Top Flite spinner would be?

Comment

i recieved mine today, im a huge P-40 fan and am very pleased w this arf. the weathering looks fantastic and the retracts and tailwheel are included. its not superscale but it passes my test. even the more expensive planes don't come close to giving you or supplying what you get here! hats off to Blackhorse and motionrc this is the stuff i will buy without thinking twice!

Comment

Flew mine this weekend, all I can say is perfect! Take off was perfect, very little elevator trim. Very easy to fly with no bad tendencies. Landed nice and slow with no flaps. I had a small headwind so I left them up. I left some weight off the front and had my cg about a inch further back. I brought home and added weight to cg per manual as I noticed it could use a little more in the nose after the first flight. Rock solid flyer and good looking too!

Comment

Cg written in the manual is perfect! I used the included cg tool to get it right on the money. Flew perfect!!!!

Comment

Agree, the spinner is wrong. Tru Turn makes a 5" 3-bladed spinner that looks like the right shape. What do you think?

Comment

I've been staring at this plane wondering if I should buy one. Love the detail, but the shape of cowl is all wrong. For a C-model P-40, the lower scoop should be farther back (as someone suggested) and the height of the cowl should stick a little farther below the bottom of the fuse...and maybe a little bit rounder on the bottom as well. It has a squareish quality. Probably to fit a gas engine better. For us electric flyers the need is not as great. A more scale-look would be better. Such a great effort seems to be ruined by a fiber-glass mold. I would buy one tomorrow if Black Horse offered P-40 Cowl 2.0.

Comment

Originally posted by predman View Post
                                    Flew mine this weekend, all I can say is perfect! Take off was perfect, very little elevator trim. Very easy to fly with no bad tendencies. Landed nice and slow with no flaps. I had a small headwind so I left them up. I left some weight off the front and had my cg about a inch further back. I brought home and added weight to cg per manual as I noticed it could use a little more in the nose after the first flight. Rock solid flyer and good looking too!
                                    Would you share your setup?

Thanks
                                    Michael

Comment

Anyone find an upgraded spinner for this plane? Very close to pulling the trigger on this one;

Comment

Originally posted by V12Kid View Post
                                        Anyone find an upgraded spinner for this plane? Very close to pulling the trigger on this one;
                                        Toni Clark Spinner
                                        A guy posted this in a German Forum
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Elbee
                                          Elbee commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          Thanks, Michael. Best, LB

Originally posted by V12Kid View Post
                                        You should pull the trigger, I got mine last week. It’s a beautiful bird. Looking forward to start the build.
                                        Regards Michael

Comment

Working...
                                        X