Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming along great! Thanks for the updates.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Rader View Post
      Servos are in the fuselage.
      So jealous, she’s in my book for sure. Hoping to place the order in a month or so , technically i was ready then my radio decide to go crazy on me and now became first priority, we all know radios are not cipher above 10 channels... btw ohhhh i like the heli in your avatar photo too. Looking forward to see your plane in the air. Notes you go electric, curios to see the capability of her ( time flight / rolls ect.. )
      beautiful plane, good job Sir Michael Rader .

Comment

Thank you,
        I am sure the electric set up is super powerful, limiting factor is flight time and Pilot capabilities.
        The Heli in the Avatar is a Vario Bell47G3, with 2,35m rotor diameter, weight 15kg, electric on 12s.
        Unfortunately I sold this baby as I moved from Germany to the US in 2019.
        But I will build a new one next year when I am back.

Comment

Little progress last night. Had to modify the Spinner to fit my 24x10 Prop. Waiting for longer screws to mount it.

Comment

Little progress last night. Had to modify the Spinner to fit my 24x10 Prop. Waiting for longer screws to mount it.
            MR, That's one good-looking airplane. Great work, Sir. Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Hi)

Might be a stupid question.. but has anyone done,is it possible to put a Saito radial in this? I know a kolm would pull out the airframe .. so ..

tom

Comment

Almost done.Put some effort (hours) to the tail gear.
                Maiden will be in April weather permitting.

Comment

Gents - I really want the Black Horse A6M Zero....but nobody has any idea when the next shipment of the Black Horse models might arrive this year 2021. So I am contemplating this P-40.

My question for both this model (P-40) and the (A6M Zero) is regarding the Aileron Servo's. Looks like these servo's are mounting vertical or on the edge instead of on horizontal flat side.

How in the heck are you drilling the holes and screwing in the servo's? Does not look like enough room to drill and screw the hardware's...but you guys are getting it done.

Thanks in advance
                  Zeroless in Texas
                  TwistedGrin

Comment

Originally posted by TwistedGrin View Post
                    Gents - I really want the Black Horse A6M Zero....but nobody has any idea when the next shipment of the Black Horse models might arrive this year 2021. So I am contemplating this P-40.

My question for both this model (P-40) and the (A6M Zero) is regarding the Aileron Servo's. Looks like these servo's are mounting vertical or on the edge instead of on horizontal flat side.

How in the heck are you drilling the holes and screwing in the servo's? Does not look like enough room to drill and screw the hardware's...but you guys are getting it done.

Thanks in advance
                    Zeroless in Texas
                    TwistedGrin
                    I can answer this for the P40. It is no problem. I think I used a Dremel to pre drill.
                    It is a great model and I even like it more in reality than on the pictures.

Comment

Hey all,
                      Short question for those with the P40/Corsair/P47

I have an issue with reversed retracts. The mains are coming out the tail retract is going in. Any idea instead of a reverser?
                      Made several trials by letting the the mains unplugged or the tail but it seems it does not work.
                      Any ideas?

Comment

Solved

Comment

What was the fix?

TwistedGrin

Comment

Had to plug the tail servo lead wire the wrong direction to the box. Don’t know why but it works.
                            got help in this build thread.

Hallo, pünktlich zum Urlaub ist das Fahrwerk angekommen. Wenn das Wetter so bleibt, werde ich zum Platz fahren und den Motor anmachen. Der Auspuff ist jetzt auch angebaut und passt gerade so unter die Haube. Ich musste den Motor dazu etwas drehen. In der Folge musste ich die Luftführung nochmal...

Comment

CG is set on spot.
                              Attached Files

Comment

1st time fresh air for the P40.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Loooookin' good man!
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Gents - any comment on how this bird flew....light wing loading...floaty...heavy fast landing....still on the fence for this airframe

I am searching for a nose spinner that is sharp pointed intead of the stock round blunt

TwistedGrin

Comment

1st time fresh air for the P40.
                                      MR, Very well done. She's a looker. Love the RAF desert scheme on this bird. Best, LB
                                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Did anyone find a replacement prop spinner that fits this bird yet?.....The stock spinner is too blunt for me....the cowling needs help....so a better looking sharper pointed spinner would help me get past this

TwistedGrin

Comment

Just beginning to build my P-40 and the first thing I noticed out of the box was the rounded spinner. Since one of my hobbies is woodturning I am going to try to make one on my lathe. Some nice strong white oak turned thin for weight and painted. I'll post a pic when i get it done--if it works.

Comment

Working...
                                          X