Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out some air to air footage with the Zero from last week

Comment

• Im buying the Black Horse Models 93" giant scale zero, does anyone know how well a Zenoah G62 with a spring starter and pitts style muffler would fly it, and how well would it balance out and roughly the weight when finished. Also the P40 aswell the same questions .
      THANKS

Comment

• Has any one had trouble with retract control box? I put power to box, plugged in a retract and hit test, nothing.. I tried both plugs and even hooked rx to it and tried retract sw on tx, got nothing. I want to also lighten spring on retract, as it seems way to stiff. Any help here?
        Thanks Rick

Comment

• Hello Rick,
          in Europe we have the blue/red control box with no test button.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5B267863-C059-462F-B71D-D3A9A6073F7B.jpeg
Views:	976
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	289568

This box has no problems perhaps you buy an new one?
          High risk to land without retract out.

Viele Grüße
          Dennis

Comment

• Originally posted by RMatteson View Post
            Has any one had trouble with retract control box? I put power to box, plugged in a retract and hit test, nothing.. I tried both plugs and even hooked rx to it and tried retract sw on tx, got nothing. I want to also lighten spring on retract, as it seems way to stiff. Any help here?
            Thanks Rick
            Do you have pictures of the setup? I assume you have plugged things into the proper ports? Does the blue light come on when you power it? Obviously the box could be broken, but also maybe the wire that you plug the power into has a bad solder joint.

Could be a number of things that might be fixable, share more info and some pics.

Comment

• I finished my Blackhorse Zero today. I made the settings for all functions like it is written in the manual. Have somebody an experience. The second question is the Flap settings.
              Is there a trim change necessary for half and full Flaps. Thanks for help Peter

Comment

• Originally posted by weiss.peter014@gmail.com View Post
                I finished my Blackhorse Zero today. I made the settings for all functions like it is written in the manual. Have somebody an experience. The second question is the Flap settings.
                Is there a trim change necessary for half and full Flaps. Thanks for help Peter
                Hello weiss.peter014@gmail.com and welcome to Hobby Squawk. I didn't add any sort of flap to elevator mix in mine. She slows down really well, so at the speeds I have been dropping flaps I noticed no ballooning or anything.

Comment

• I still have the model at the published CG and have a small amount of elevator/flap compensation, 1.5mm at full flap and it lands very level, almost hand free. The amount will change with the CG position and how much flap deflection you have. I altered the flap linkages to get more flap throw on mine.

James suggestion to check the input power lead is worthwhile. I recall resoldering mine to the plug as it looked a bit crappy.

The landing gear strut springs are fairly stiff, I prefer that to being too soft, mine is a little heavier with the Saito90. I haven't done it yet but will be fitting a nylon spacer to preload the springs to stop the clattering the gears make when taxying.

Comment

• bananaman Funny, I didn't check the manual for the CG. Just used the provided CG machine in the kit (I love that so much).

Comment

• just push the buy button looking forward to this build

Comment

• Hello)

Just bought the BH Zero ... first huge and first gas project. I’m looking to put in the Saito 5 cyl/75 .. reason I bought the plane. I have heard that this set up has been done, but that the prop/spindle stick pretty far out. Does anyone know of this has been overcome? Can it be? .. otherwise, I’m looking at the Saito 90.

Any help greatly appreciated))

tom

Comment

• Subscribe

Comment

• The Saito FG73 R5 fits great with a ring-muffer and has enough power for the Zero.

Spinner an prob are a minimum to long but you can use this part to mount the Saito:

Viele Grüße
                            Dennis

Comment

• Thank you Dennis!!

last question ... would a UMS 7 cyl 90 work in the zero? It’s only about 230mm.

tom

Comment

• will DA-50 engine work well with this A6M? Isn't it too slow to fly? How well is it with the vertical? I still have the engine sitting around. Is there another warbird that fit the engine very well and great performance?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trady37 View Post
                                  Thank you Dennis!!

last question ... would a UMS 7 cyl 90 work in the zero? It’s only about 230mm.

tom
                                  Sorry i don‘t know. The Saito FG 73R5 fits in strong but there is 1cm free space around.

Perhaps you must make litte adjustments to the firewall.

Name:	86E9D2BD-F191-4408-AEF4-42EF32E5B5C7.jpeg
Views:	782
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	296983

Name:	352E1211-E0D5-4926-83ED-3C41FE2C4EE1.jpeg
Views:	777
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	296984

Name:	F7B73833-C5D7-4D89-85DC-AAF63F6C8A7B.jpeg
Views:	780
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	296985

Name:	20A1B580-67F0-46F6-A426-21DE339DDDA2.jpeg
Views:	776
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	296987

Name:	D4442DDB-78E4-456B-9FDD-DE57DD57B7A0.jpeg
Views:	764
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	296989

Viele Grüße
                                  Dennis

Attached Files

Comment

• looking for a 3bladed spinner anybody have any idea were to look thx

Comment

• Originally posted by 1stflightdave View Post
                                      looking for a 3bladed spinner anybody have any idea were to look thx
                                      Are you going electric or gas engine ?

Comment

• On mine , top flight , which i belive to be 2” short on gas engine i got this ...
                                        i’m new on balsa so please double ceck with a season balsa pilot for confermation.
                                        here the size and brand .
                                        hope to be helpful.

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by 1stflightdave View Post
                                          looking for a 3bladed spinner anybody have any idea were to look thx
                                          That is a problem. I looked everywhere for a suitable 3 blade spinner to use with a DLE 55 and couldn't find one. I ended up 3d printing my spinner and it is working so far.

Comment

Working...
                                          X