Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very nice mod! Do you mind sharing the print for the rear spinner? Thanks Chris

Comment

• Very nice mod! Do you mind sharing the print for the rear spinner? Thanks Chris
      Thanks! Right now, I consider the spinners a work in progress -- every time I print a part, I've changed it a little. Also, the base plate is designed specifically to engage the Flightline F4U Corsair 10mm prop hub -- not just the shaft, but also to engage a hex shape and a larger cylindrical base. I'm using that shaft on a Flightline 1600mm motor, same as Oxotnik. In other words, I think it's a little too "specific" to the parts I'm using. Then there's the big thing -- I haven't spun one yet! I have a test setup and I intend to mount one of the motors, intended prop, and after that, add the spinner, and see how it goes.

Unless you buy one of those FW-190 spinners (I think there are more than one out there that might work, but don't know), the front spinner is nearly as distinctive in profile as the rear spinner. I recall that on the RCG thread for the Starmax/Hobbyking 1600mm FW-190, there are links to a company that makes a nice ARF FW-190, similar size, that offered 2- or 3- bladed spinners. Oxo, do you know what company I'm talking about?

Comment

• Got it. I like the shape of the one your working on, keep up the good work. I'll see what I can come up with.

Comment

• Oxotnik Looks like we might have a bit of a wait for our spinners from Tru-Turn.

This is from their home page "Tru-Turn orders placed on, or after 3/24/20 will be processed by vital offsite staff and held for production and shipment soon after the governmental orders have been lifted. Please be patient as Tru-Turn orders will be filled after production resumes."

You might be OK as I think you ordered just before that date.

Comment

• Didn't like the gaps in the wheel wells so I used the covering from the cutout of the wells to cover the gaps up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0425.jpg
Views:	741
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	247544
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
              Oxotnik Looks like we might have a bit of a wait for our spinners from Tru-Turn.

This is from their home page "Tru-Turn orders placed on, or after 3/24/20 will be processed by vital offsite staff and held for production and shipment soon after the governmental orders have been lifted. Please be patient as Tru-Turn orders will be filled after production resumes."

You might be OK as I think you ordered just before that date.
              Dang! I was wondering what was taking so long. I may have to maiden without the aft spinner afterall. :-/
              ---
              Warbirder

Comment

• I printed 2 spinners in the correct sizes to get ahead of the game and NJ closed all parks and flying fields today - I can't win.

Name:	IMG_0430.jpg
Views:	670
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	247593
                Attached Files

Comment

• downwind3zero good idea with the vent holes in the rear spinner. One of my concerns with the rear motor was heat as well. When I ordered the tru-turn spinner for the rear, I opted for the lightened backplate in hopes that it would also draw air through.

I intend to make all of the air scoops functional as well. The lower scoop will have a cleanable screen to keep debris out.

Comment

• I contacted Wendy at TruTurn today. She said that my aft spinner has been cut (she thinks) and is waiting to be shipped. They just have to be allowed to get back into the building to do the packing and shipping. I'd try printing one, but my 3D printer is down (plugged hot head); so, I can't even print one to get me by. I'm thinking about doing a bare prop for the aft. I just cringe, though, at the thought of flying it with a horribly wrong spinner. I'm such a dork... :-/
                    ---
                    Warbirder

Comment

• Oxotnik Thanks for the update! Also waiting for TruTurn to show up (front spinner).

Comment

• Better than nothing; found the Flightline spitfire 1600mm gear doors to fit pretty well. Printed a couple of clamps for the struts and attached the covers.

Name:	IMG_0432.jpg
Views:	717
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	247878Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0435.jpg
Views:	668
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	247879Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0436.jpg
Views:	626
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	247880
                        Attached Files

Comment

• I was holding my breath over the new MotionRC "reveal" today -- considering what I've already spent on m Pfeil! I think the OV-10A will be a very popular product for MRC, but one that I can pass on for now (as opposed to my much-wanted-anticipated-predicted DH98 Mosquito, which I'd have had to pre-order no matter what). Many updates to my RCG build log in the last few days -- almost done with the functional construction, so will be starting on cosmetic stuff soon. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...k-Horse-Models

Comment

• downwind3zero Those look good, considering they're from the Spitfire! Points for ingenuity!

Oxotnik If the Tru-Turn spinners work out, I'd love to stock those as an Upgrade.
                            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Noooooooooooooooooo, another twin. I...cannot...resist...twins...

WarbirdCharle's gonna happy. Two nice-sized Bronco's released within a year. :-)
                              ---
                              Warbirder

Comment

• Used the printed spinner with the original backplate. Heated the nuts and compressed with vise to seat them. It's not a tru-turn but it turns true :) Better than nothing.

Name:	IMG_0450.jpg
Views:	654
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	248098Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0438.jpg
Views:	633
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	248099
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Alpha There are Tru-Turn options for both the front and rear spinners that should pull off the profile well. The P-51 style for the front and the Ultimate for the rear. 3 1/4"

I ordered both. With lightened back plates and custom cuts it was $$$.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                    downwind3zero Those look good, considering they're from the Spitfire! Points for ingenuity!

Oxotnik If the Tru-Turn spinners work out, I'd love to stock those as an Upgrade.
                                    The tractor is a really nice fit. I found it on the shelf at my LHS. I had to special order the aft (and it's the only thing keeping me from maidening). I gave TruTurn the prop (which has wide blades (MAS 16x10x3, reverse) for the pusher) and I'm expecting it to fit nicely. I'm having them anodize the after spinner black, but I rattle-canned the tractor spinner (Krylon Fusion All-in-one, Matte Black) and it looks fantastic. I went Ultimate shape for both the tractor and pusher spinners. If I had special ordered the tractor spinner, I probably would've gone P-51 shape, instead of Ultimate, since the the tractor spinner has less L/D than than the aft spinner.

I'd love for Motion to carry TruTurn spinners, especially ones cut for reverse spinners.
                                    ---
                                    Warbirder

Comment

• So, I’ve decided to try to get my 335 into the air tomorrow. I’ve kluged together a makeshift aft spinner, using the prop adapter from the FlightLine Spit 5055 motor and the spinner from the FlightLine Corsair. It’s far from an accurate spinner, but it’s better than a bare prop.

I had more to do, to be flight-ready, than I thought. It’s already getting late, and I’m getting worried that I may be rushing. All I really have left to do is to balance her, I think. I’ll do that in the morning. If no surprises and the weather is decent, hopefully, I’ll get her into the air tomorrow afternoon.

Oh, I discovered today that I’d lied to you all a couple of weeks ago. I’d said that the EFlight Extra300 prop adapter would fit on the Spitty 5055 motor. Well, I was going to do that today, but the prop adapter does NOT fit. The bolt pattern matches, but the hub, onto which the prop adapter fits, is too large a diameter for the Extra 300 prop adapter. Sorry for passing on some misinformation. I’ll take my demerits... :-/
                                      Attached Files
                                      ---
                                      Warbirder

Comment

• Oxotnik God luck with your flight!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                                          So, I’ve decided to try to get my 335 into the air tomorrow. I’ve kluged together a makeshift aft spinner, using the prop adapter from the FlightLine Spit 5055 motor and the spinner from the FlightLine Corsair. It’s far from an accurate spinner, but it’s better than a bare prop.

I had more to do, to be flight-ready, than I thought. It’s already getting late, and I’m getting worried that I may be rushing. All I really have left to do is to balance her, I think. I’ll do that in the morning. If no surprises and the weather is decent, hopefully, I’ll get her into the air tomorrow afternoon.

Oh, I discovered today that I’d lied to you all a couple of weeks ago. I’d said that the EFlight Extra300 prop adapter would fit on the Spitty 5055 motor. Well, I was going to do that today, but the prop adapter does NOT fit. The bolt pattern matches, but the hub, onto which the prop adapter fits, is too large a diameter for the Extra 300 prop adapter. Sorry for passing on some misinformation. I’ll take my demerits... :-/
                                          Oxotnik Appreciate ya fallin on your sword, had to just go dig out the copy of the post I put away in my tech ref files and s###can that false narrative.
                                          NO RUSHING...…...that's why preflight checklists exist.
                                          Warbird Charlie
                                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
                                          X